KuroYukia

Limit Raffle CBs per scroll

I don't think this is actually going to help. Multiple winners are a tiny, tiny minority and really the prize system itself is the bigger issue.

Strongly against.

and I have 0.

Unless CB Tinsels and Shimmers are first made available via the market and the limit being not on breed but just on raffle-winning.

Which should be a thign anyway. They are way too exclusive and power-giving.

On 2/22/2019 at 4:29 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

This, too. I MUCH prefer one to the other, and would be sad if I were limited after winning the "wrong one" - not that I will EVER win !

This this THIS!

I would be very dissapointed, actually, IF I won and ( As would probably be my luck even if I were lucky enough to actually WIN a prize!) got one that wasn't a favorite and THEN wasn't able to try again.

IS it frustrating to see some people win multiple CB prizes while others ( like.... myself for example) have none at all? ABSOLUTELY. However, I don't believe that those insanely lucky individuals deserve to be PUNISHED necessarily for other people's lack of win, and I don't think this is the solution to the problem... it doesn't REALLY address the fact that we still don't have any OTHER way to work towards prizes but trying to enter the raffle every month. I'd be more in favor of alloting more winners per raffle, perhaps.... or , my fave.... adding the pretty prizes to the Market so that those of us with questionable luck can save up for them!

Edited by JavaTigress

I was desperate like this as well and I understand the situation.

But instead to make a limit, I would rather suggest to raise the prizes distributed.

This month was the first time that I won something, and I tried every month. Sometimes it just really, really needs time...

To distribute more Prize Dragons would be a better solution I think.

I'm not against a 2CB per prize dragon limit. That means you can only get 2CB silver tinsel, 2CB gold tinsel, etc.

On the other hand, I think increasing the amount of prizes given out would work better.

I don't understand why we're still trying to make the raffle work in a non-controversial way. It's incredibly clear that the raffle is detrimental and doesn't work at all to please most people. Some things are simply broken beyond repair.

In other words, just throw Prizes into the biomes and be done with it.

I think - I wish it had never happened. But since we are now stuck with it, except for possibly making more prizes over all and/or having them available instore, it needs to be left as it is. It is pretty much as fair as it can be, and changing it to limit multiple winners might - strangely - make it less fair to all - anything that tampers with whatever RNG is used skews the randomness that there is.

I have entered every single time that has been available since they were introduced, and I haven't won. But that's the odds. That's why - IRL - gambling is a bad idea. Chance is not something anyone can rely on, or expect to work in one's favour.

I'm going to bump this compromise idea again, since I'm still rather fond of it:

On 2/22/2019 at 7:25 AM, Tinibree said:

Maybe when someone wins a second+ raffle there's a bonus winner that gets the same color/version they did? So that there's still 60 winners that didn't have any before, but allowing pureblood prizes to exist.

There shouldn't be so many repeat winners each raffle that this would significantly raise the number of prizes being given out, but it would neither penalise past winners, nor feel like some people 'get to hoard all the luck' to the non-winners.

On 4/2/2019 at 9:16 PM, JavaTigress said:

This this THIS!

I would be very dissapointed, actually, IF I won and ( As would probably be my luck even if I were lucky enough to actually WIN a prize!) got one that wasn't a favorite and THEN wasn't able to try again.

IS it frustrating to see some people win multiple CB prizes while others ( like.... myself for example) have none at all? ABSOLUTELY. However, I don't believe that those insanely lucky individuals deserve to be PUNISHED necessarily for other people's lack of win, and I don't think this is the solution to the problem... it doesn't REALLY address the fact that we still don't have any OTHER way to work towards prizes but trying to enter the raffle every month. I'd be more in favor of alloting more winners per raffle, perhaps.... or , my fave.... adding the pretty prizes to the Market so that those of us with questionable luck can save up for them!

I sort of agree/disagree with this. I do NOT think a person who already has, say, a Gold tinsel...should be allowed to win ANOTHER Gold tinsel. I do believe they should be allowed to win, say, a SILVER tinsel. You know, in case silvers are their favorites and they wish they could trade it in or something. Which has happened to a few people, myself included. I got a gold tinsel, I wanted a silver. I LOVE her, she's my precious shiny lucky baby, but silvers have always been my favorites. They just go so well with so many more mates than Golds do. 

And, YES, please add them to the market. I used to think "nah, that'd take forever and not be worth it"...but I finally obtained my first CB gold from the Market last week, and I was SO proud of myself, even if it took forever. If someone is dedicated enough to wait and work toward their Market goal, no matter how 'high' the cost...it would be worth it. At least in my opinion. Double the cost, make them 8000 shards, even. Or more, since some people would argue that even this is too low since 2G prizes are SO rare and give the owners so much trading power (stupidly, imo...ask for what you love instead of something rare, unless that IS what you love). 

Besides, the Market tinsels/shimmers would STILL be worth less than the ones the winners have. After all, a winner's prize dragon says "Cave" and a Market one wouldn't have that. So if you were really concerned about a "true" caveborn prize offspring instead of a Market prize, well, there you go. Winners get the cave location. Purchased ones get the Market location. I'm fine with a Market prize. God, I would work for three years for a "market" CB silver tinsel. But the raffle prizes would still be worth it for those who think Market dragons aren't "real" CBs.

In my opinion, this would be like preventing you from entering the lottery if you already won before. 

CB Golds and silvers are stupid rare imo. I have been here since late 2008 and seen under 10 golds in the cave, and just slightly more silvers.

Had it not been for trading capabilities, I would have gotten my first cave born gold in the market and quite possibly silver too. The metallics I had before then were too messy to really have value, but I was so greatful to just to have them as bred ones were a rare sight too. Should we cap cave born golds and silvers because they are rare? Would that help anything?

I know prizes are won, and they cant be caught, but for some people such as me catching golds and silvers simply not possible as theres always someone else, no matter how fast you click, who gets it anyway. So should we punish them by limiting their number? There would be an uproar in that case, and I dont see why raffle prizes should be treated differently.

I will reiterate; yes you can catch these metallics BUT they seem to appear so rarely, even playing for years and actively hunting I barely see them. Some people have none and just dont see them, some can catch them like commons. I feel like theres a bit of luck in that, as well as good internet which not everyone has.

Like golds and silvers they are rare, and should stay relatively rare. Not unobtainable but rare. I think perhaps there should be more winners in the raffle.

As for those who have already won, they shouldnt be excluded; you wouldnt exclude a previous lottery winner from entering and you wouldnt exclude a cave born gold or silver owner from hunting and getting another one. Again, I know you can hunt for them, but they are the rarest thing I can think of to compare prizes with, and they are in many peoples cases just impossible to see let alone get without the market or trading.

3 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

In my opinion, this would be like preventing you from entering the lottery if you already won before. 

Exactly. IMHO a total non-starter.

24 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

CB Golds and silvers are stupid rare imo. I have been here since late 2008 and seen under 10 golds in the cave, and just slightly more silvers.

Had it not been for trading capabilities, I would have gotten my first cave born gold in the market and quite possibly silver too. The metallics I had before then were too messy to really have value, but I was so greatful to just to have them as bred ones were a rare sight too. Should we cap cave born golds and silvers because they are rare? Would that help anything?

I know prizes are won, and they cant be caught, but for some people such as me catching golds and silvers simply not possible as theres always someone else, no matter how fast you click, who gets it anyway. So should we punish them by limiting their number? There would be an uproar in that case, and I dont see why raffle prizes should be treated differently.

I will reiterate; yes you can catch these metallics BUT they seem to appear so rarely, even playing for years and actively hunting I barely see them. Some people have none and just dont see them, some can catch them like commons. I feel like theres a bit of luck in that, as well as good internet which not everyone has.

Like golds and silvers they are rare, and should stay relatively rare. Not unobtainable but rare. I think perhaps there should be more winners in the raffle.

As for those who have already won, they shouldnt be excluded; you wouldnt exclude a previous lottery winner from entering and you wouldnt exclude a cave born gold or silver owner from hunting and getting another one. Again, I know you can hunt for them, but they are the rarest thing I can think of to compare prizes with, and they are in many peoples cases just impossible to see let alone get without the market or trading.

This times 1000. My moms best friends mother in law won the lotto in three different states. I would never tell her she can’t play again to give others a chance. I would, however, love to rub her head like a troll doll for luck.

limiting past winners seems unfair as the number of repeat winners is very small anyway.  I felt the same way about prizes before I won my silver tin. I love my tin but I had really wanted a silver shim so it is nice that I can still try for that every month. I would like to see the number given out each month at least doubled. 

I'd also like to note that if we limited people to 1, then:

• those who already own more than 1 are advantaged.
  • we can't get those cool PB prizes.

I saw the rarity of CB Golds and Silvers mentioned before and it's actually a point I'd like to bring up:

Making CB Prizes more common could make CB Golds and Silvers more accessible. Think about it. Why can't people trade for CB Golds and Silvers? Because most of those trades want 2g Prizes. If you make 2g Prizes much more common, people aren't going to want to trade their CB Golds and Silvers for 2g Prizes. What will they want to trade them for? I don't know, but 99% of other things on the site are far far more accessible than 2g Prizes, so I think it's safe to hypothesize that CB Golds and Silvers would be spread around more.

I'm just throwing this out there because it's one of numerous examples of why the raffle has completely ruined the trading economy, and why it needs to be eliminated and Prizes need a completely new method of obtaining based on work (not plucking out a four leaf clover and making a wish upon a star) and making them more common.

Edited by KrazyKarp

The trading market is what we make it. I have traded next to nothing for great stuff and vice versa - it's all about what we want at the time, except for a few seriously greedy traders - who are easily avoided. Most of my CB golds were unsolicited gifts. So were most of my 2 gen prizes, and two of my neglecteds. I have traded 2g PB golds many times for things like 2 waterhorse eggs, because that was what I needed at the time. 

WE the players can make trading less heated if we want to.

But I agree, prizes should be in the market. Not to make CB rares easier to find, just so that those of us building lineages can have CBs for the base.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Yes to Prizes in the market, no to them in the biomes, yes to more prizes distributed, iffy on the CB limit. The lowest limit I'd accept is 2 per color and breed. Also, no to getting rid of the raffle entirely. I do kind of like the "extra winner gets same color/breed as a repeat winner" idea though! Probably one of the more fair compromises.

Yes, I posted my opinions here already, but I thought I'd address what came up since.

Edited by Keileon

1 hour ago, Keileon said:

Yes to Prizes in the market, no to them in the biomes, yes to more prizes distributed, iffy on the CB limit. The lowest limit I'd accept is 2 per color and breed. Also, no to getting rid of the raffle entirely. I do kind of like the "extra winner gets same color/breed as a repeat winner" idea though! Probably one of the more fair compromises.

Yes, I posted my opinions here already, but I thought I'd address what came up since.

👏👏  I'm a little on the fence about "yes to more prizes distributed" because I think this would happen naturally with prizes in the market, so I don't think we need increase the number of prizes given out through the raffle.

1 hour ago, olympe said:

👏👏  I'm a little on the fence about "yes to more prizes distributed" because I think this would happen naturally with prizes in the market, so I don't think we need increase the number of prizes given out through the raffle.

I half agree - there are an AWFUL lot of players, so more prizes in the raffle doesn't seem like a bad idea - many players will never collect enough shards to buy them. And I agree - no to them in the biomes.

Yeah, I also say no to Prizes in biomes because then they'll get snapped up faster than Golds or Silvers and there'll be drama and just no. I don't see there being anything wrong with upping the already tiny amount of winners each month, so that is what I support. Neutral on Prizes added to the market, I saved up for a Gold and I sure as heck will not do that ever again, not even for a CB Prize -- but I am fine with it if it comes with upping the amount of monthly winners. I will be against it if those two are mutually exclusive. Also neutral for the CB limit, a limit of 2 per color is alright with me.

1 hour ago, Sazandora said:

Yeah, I also say no to Prizes in biomes because then they'll get snapped up faster than Golds or Silvers and there'll be drama and just no. I don't see there being anything wrong with upping the already tiny amount of winners each month, so that is what I support. Neutral on Prizes added to the market, I saved up for a Gold and I sure as heck will not do that ever again, not even for a CB Prize -- but I am fine with it if it comes with upping the amount of monthly winners. I will be against it if those two are mutually exclusive. Also neutral for the CB limit, a limit of 2 per color is alright with me.

Prizes in the biomes couldn't be snapped up faster than golds since they share the same egg description - but even the speed for golds is too fast. And yes on the drama.

7 hours ago, Keileon said:

I gotta say this would be MY preferred method of dealing with the issue.

I can see there being.... problems with putting prizes in the biomes. I can't catch golds in the biomes so no way in the WORLD would that help me. XD THAT said, I DO like the idea of being able to work for one via the market ( I would be more likely to save for one of these beauties than golds or silvers, actually!)  AND I'd LOVE to see more winners per month in the raffles. As for limits.... Mehbe. Not sure on that. AS I said before... too strict of limits would prevent someone from possibly getting the prize they REALLY wanted ( AS they might possibly have won a Tin, for instance when they wanted a Shimmer) and I don't want that, really. Keileon's idea of limiting us to two of each color and breed seems fair, however. AND, of course, the limits would ONLY apply to CBs... a person can have as many bred Christmas dragons, for instance, as they can reasonably collect and the same would apply here.

Edited by JavaTigress

Hey guys - remember this suggestion is to limit raffle CBs per scroll.  The discussion has veered pretty far away from that.

I get it - Prize dragons definitely have an effect on DC's economy and there are many suggestions to deal with them.  Let's focus on this one.