Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Louca

New to Dragon Cave

Hello there!

I'm Lou (pronounced "loo"). I've just joined Dragon Cave! I've been aware of this petsite for many years but just never got around to signing up.

I enjoy playing Flight Rising and other petsites, so I am very eager to get things kicking here too. Right now I'm not 100% sure how things work here. I hope to settle in eventually.

I'm a 20yo Uni student majoring in Biology and Neuroscience in Australia. My passion lies heavily in digital/tradition art as well as caring for animals of all kinds. I love keeping freshwater fish in planted aquariums - they're like special and rare gardens I can admire from inside. I hope to one day start getting into snakes and other reptiles! My favourite animals would include Shoebills (majestic beings that we do not deserve on this earth), Peacock Mantis Shrimp (like graceful water dragons of beauty and splendour... and colorful death), Macaws and other large birds of the like, and all felines. It's hard to label a few into my favourites because, deep down, I love all animals. The ones before are just amazingly fascinating and beautiful. Of course, it goes without saying, I simply adore dragons and other mythical creatures. Let me know what your favourite animal(s) is(are) if you'd like! Or just talk about anything you'd like. I'm open to all sorts of discussions as I get settled down here.

I guess some more non-animal-related stuff about me might be good to add...

I enjoy anime and video games and growing succulents and other low maintenance plants. Playing the piano is also something I enjoy a lot! It helps me to de-stress from the hectic errands of the day. I've been skydiving? I guess that's something else to add? Maybe? No? Just me? maybe my dad?

I'm going to end this here. :nyan:

Hope you have an amazing day!

- Lou

Hello and welcome! Make sure you check out our Flight Rising thread! What's your favorite art medium to create in? I like 2D drawing. 

Which anime and video games do you like? I'm getting into RWBY and I have too many favorite franchises to list here that I love in video games. :wub: 

Thank you for the warm welcome! I've left a not so short-and-sweet intro message on that Flight Rising thread too. Thanks for leaving that for me! It will definitely be helpful.

I love to experiment with watercolours these days. There's so much to love about how it bleeds into the paper. But in terms of what I use religiously I stick to digital 2D painting/drawing most of the time. I'd love to get into 3D stuff but that just a whole new can of worms to open up and get to know. It all seems super complex right now. But maybe in the future! 2D drawing is great and I have no reason to branch off just yet.

Oh man the list of animes I like is seemingly endless. I enjoy the popular shonen shows we've all heard of over the years. A few others that I really liked include March Comes in Like a Lion, Your Lie in April, Clannad + Clannad After Story, Devilman Crybaby, Made in Abyss, Attack on Titan, Steins;Gate, Studio Ghibli works and honestly many many more. I start watching RWBY when the first few episodes were out on Roosterteeth and I had a huge connection to it to start with but for some reason, I never actually got hooked in on the episodes when they came pouring out. I'll have to get back into it soon now that you've mentioned it.

As far as video games go I can easily say the list is just as expansive. I really enjoy singleplayer adventure/survival games right now but there's almost nothing I don't enjoy playing. The Zelda series, Rainworld, SotC, the Spyro series and Pokemon are all close to my heart, to name a few (not all though, I'd be here for months)

Welcome to DC forum! Hope you enjoy!

When I was in middle school, I was highly interested in biology. But something changed and I currently majored Electronics and Computer engineering.