angelicdragonpuppy

Who Did You Woo?

Who Did You Woo?  

147 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I'm going to go thru again but, unsurprisingly, I went with Tsoko.  And I really enjoyed introducing Gavin to his "date."  Pie X Gavin.

Edit: I suppose I should mention that I successfully got that date to the dance.  :)

Edited by Ytak

I wrote Wilda and Tsoko (the former with the help of Bluesonic1) and they’re the only two I’ve played since launch outside of testing. I think Oliva has killer hair and Harle is pretty, though.

I failed with Ion and apparently became soul mates (but not dates) with Tsoko.

I wish you could skip straight to the part where you choose a club when you replay.

Is there any way to get a good ending with Harle? Both times I tried her route, I not only got snubbed, but it felt like the story stopped abruptly. 

I think Olivia's route is my favorite, with Mordred's in second. I am a bit surprised Alun hasn't gotten more votes, his route was pretty cute. Wilda's was alright, but she didn't feel as fleshed out as Olivia or Tsoko. (maybe I missed a chunk of that route and didn't realize?) 

I've only done one run so far as my "canon" run and I just had to pick Olivia and her love of astronomy. Bonus points for having Alice the Skywing and Craig the Nebula as part of the story too! 

I become Wilda's best friend for my first route and then my second I went with Mordred as his date/partner in crime.

I'm on the Oliva route now.

I think I'm going to either end the event with Ion or Tsoko.

No one I don't think.  I'm not sure.  I zoned out after the first few clumps of text and just spacebar'd my way through the rest (astronomy story).

I made friends with Wilda, but sadly we didn't go to the dance. Then I ended up dancing and watching the stars with Ion.  :)

"Just a ball of fluff with a pair of long ears"

image.png.ede7bcb2c3a7a701f05bd128508c276d.png

7 hours ago, chariset said:

I wish you could skip straight to the part where you choose a club when you replay.

THIS, so much.

I can't choose yet - I am working through everyone.

Finished my first run, watched the Stars with Ion. (i think thats the romance route?? Can someone confirm?)

I just want to protect this good child! ;_;

So far I went with Olivia, because I chose a club I'd like to attend the most. Her initial snotty attitude was irritating, but I really liked the story. I hope the rest is as well-written as hers.

(On a side note - once again, I'm shocked and awed that such a huge amount of work went into a free event on a free pixel-collecting site.)

Out of curiosity, what counts as a fail?

Edited by Caerhann

Wilda the book lover was my first choice (just friends, though), and then I went to the ball with Ion, and afterwards with Olivia, who's had the best story so far. 

The one thing that really annoys me is the constant use of "they" for Ion at the beginning... I know, political correctness and all that, but firstly, I don't know if Ion would mind being called "he", and secondly it sounds weird to use a plural pronoun for one person... dragon. Not that MY native language does a better job with gender issues :P, I just usually like to think that English does things better.

If my assumption is correct, there are only two endings, have a dance with, or no dances at all. Pretty much like a yes-or-no question. Regardless of the outcome, I think that everything has a good side to it!

Spoiler

For example, not going with Mordred means that you're better alone in your house rather than seeing the special day turn to chaos because of that Script XD

Spoiler

Or another example in a different perspective, regardless whether you dance with Olivia the Antarean or not, you made the club better, and that is more than enough!

Spoiler

The only thing I find where a no would be bad is Ion's ending, because it's just a very short scene of yes or no. However, I can't imagine a Neglected Dragon dancing, and personally if I exist in there, I prefer not to dance as it might cause the fragile dragon to get hurt from my poor dancing skills XD

@Fly-by-Night technically Ion would be an "it" from there, then. That's a genderless Neglected Dragon :v

Edited by BlueLatios

@Fly-by-Night English doesn’t really have a great word for genderless organisms because, well, they’re frankly so scarce among most of the species we visibly see! XD “It” would be a singular, but it has negative connations in English similar to calling someone a thing. “They” is the closest comparable that doesn’t have negative overtones.

7 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

Reveal hidden contents

For example, not going with Mordred means that you're better alone in your house rather than seeing the special day turn to chaos because of that Script XD

Reveal hidden contents

Or another example in a different perspective, regardless whether you dance with Olivia the Antarean or not, you made the club better, and that is more than enough!

Reveal hidden contents

The only thing I find where a no would be bad is Ion's ending, because it's just a very short scene of yes or no. However, I can't imagine a Neglected Dragon dancing, and personally if I exist in there, I prefer not to dance as it might cause the fragile dragon to get hurt from my poor dancing skills XD

@Fly-by-Night technically Ion would be an "it" from there, then. That's a genderless Neglected Dragon :v

Whatever Ion is, I doubt it's plural. ;)

Just now, angelicdragonpuppy said:

@Fly-by-Night English doesn’t really have a great word for genderless organisms because, well, they’re frankly so scarce among most of the species we visibly see! XD “It” would be a singular, but it has negative connations in English similar to calling someone a thing. “They” is the closest comparable that doesn’t have negative overtones.

I know that, rationally, but that doesn't mean I must like it. :lol: Not in my beloved "language of  Shakespeare and the Bible".

As a nonbinary person who uses "they" (which, by the way, has a long history of use in English as a non-gender-specific singular pronoun regardless of anyone's tantrums about what they dislike or "political correctness," Fly-by-Night), I immediately had to go after Ion and wasn't terribly interested in the others!

I managed to woe Wilda and we went to the dance.  Might try for another dragon tomorrow.  Especially if I need a break from FAMILY.

Alun the Storm dragon on the track team. 

I'm a runner. Track's the only believable school activity option for me. 😂 Lucked out in that he's a total sweetheart and we totally went to the dance. 

Edited by Nimras

The only story I haven't completely read through was Harle's, as I ran out of time while testing and editing, but for the actual site I did Mordred's and Alun's because I hadn't read much of those yet. My favorite though is probably Tsoko's.

Okay, went through two more times.  Got the 'Friend' ending with Olivia and the 'Romance' ending with Tsoko.  Both were cute.

I've done them all, now. I like Harle's and Olivia's most writing-wise, and Mordred's was amusing too. I think I'll leave mine on Tsoko's ending though.