TJ09

2019-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

34 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

While that's all true, that adult sprite is only 100x100, so there is definitely a bit of wiggle room that could've been utilized. Lore-wise, the spriter already specifically said the wings are supposed to be big compared to the body, so they can fly fast. I don't see why that wouldn't be enough to justify expanding the sprite just enough to make the wings look bigger. Of course I'm not TJ, so....

I really love these new dragons, I *really* do. I looooooove the fact that they are more purple-pink then straight pink, I will *always* love any sort of purple dragon!! But I do agree that after seeing the concept art, the wings in the art really don't match the wings on the actual sprite.

Yes you are right the Sprite is 100x100 and I wasn't able to go bigger.

Glad you guys saw the surprise Sprite for the event, thanks to Marri for writing her in!

3 minutes ago, Shajana said:

Glad you guys saw the surprise Sprite for the event, thanks to Marri for writing her in!

they are very pretty!

thank you...and I'm just curious, what is the alt Sprite like?  

You are unable to go bigger, but you are able to design the sprite and pose in such a way that the important details are portrayed more accurately. The game of spriting has always been making the best of your limits.

That's the most I really have to say. I like the dragon otherwise, but I feel it doesn't properly communicate a key feature. If it was a western like the original idea, wouldn't be as needed to have the large wings. (mostly because no law says a western /has/ to be flight capable, but a non-flying wyvern is a bit awkward).

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

5 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

You are unable to go bigger, but you are able to design the sprite and pose in such a way that the important details are portrayed more accurately. The game of spriting has always been making the best of your limits.

That's the most I really have to say. I like the dragon otherwise, but I feel it doesn't properly communicate a key feature. If it was a western like the original idea, wouldn't be as needed to have the large wings. (mostly because no law says a western /has/ to be flight capable, but a non-flying wyvern is a bit awkward).

If you have a problem with that then it is ok, if you don't like it, it is fine for me, but stop complaining again and again about it, I understood you in your first post, you don't have to post it all over this thread.

4 hours ago, hazeh said:

She could potentially have a wild side XD I only had 7 days to work with, alas. 

Oh wow! I would've loved to see it. Awesome writing by the way. ^^

WB

I did't really like the Sakuhana's that much when I first saw them, but they're growing on me. I really like their tree branch antlers, and I think their heart markings are cute. I also like the cherry blossom theme. The eyes in the concept and event art are really pretty, but they're hard to see on the sprite itself.

I know everyone's tired of pink, but I think they'd probably look better as a pale pink color rather than purple-ish. Just my personal preference.

I've also been enjoying the event. I only have one route left to try.

If you don't like them, don't collect them, its that simple. More for me! There's no downside :)

I gotta disagree on the eyes, I saw it on the sprite before we even got the concept art, I just wasn't sure if it was an odd colored eyeball before that.

Did you do the surprise sprite as well or is that someone else? Feel like it has to be you 'cause I don't think artists get told what the release is gonna be.

Edited by Tinibree

I think it's really cute!

I'm baffled by the news that it is inspired by cherry blossoms though. I see... basically zero resemblance to cherry blossoms. Cherry blossoms are white to pale pink and very delicate looking. Unless something is wrong with my monitor, this dragon is bold looking with purple, scarlet-orange and gold. It looks more like a Fuchsia than a cherry blossom.

I think it will look nice with the darker-tone but similarly colorful Arcana dragon.

54 minutes ago, Shajana said:

Thank you for the beautiful new dragon. I love everything about it. I especially love those little hearts and the beautiful colors. Your dragon is just gorgeous. :wub:

31 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

If you don't like them, don't collect them, its that simple. More for me! There's no downside :)

I gotta disagree on the eyes, I saw it on the sprite before we even got the concept art, I just wasn't sure if it was an odd colored eyeball before that.

Did you do the surprise sprite as well or is that someone else? Feel like it has to be you 'cause I don't think artists get told what the release is gonna be.

I made the surprise sprite for the event, yes.

30 minutes ago, tjekan said:

I think it will look nice with the darker-tone but similarly colorful Arcana dragon.

Ooh!  Have you put this up on the lineage plans thread yet?  Because I'd love to see that.

After checking there, it looks like at least one other someone has also thought of that, so adding it again could be a little unnecessary.

Edited by Pilauli

Lovely event! Still fingers crossed for a drake or pygmy Vday dragon next year or dark, brooding colors. ❤️

1 hour ago, Shibunari said:

they are very pretty!

thank you...and I'm just curious, what is the alt Sprite like?  

Maybe looking at Shajana's current avatar will give us any clue? xD

Edited by Cyberr

Wait, is the surprise!Sakuhana only in the very beginning of the game? Like, the introduction? I haven't come across her, but then again I'm right in the middle of a story.

6 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Wait, is the surprise!Sakuhana only in the very beginning of the game? Like, the introduction? I haven't come across her, but then again I'm right in the middle of a story.

She appears right before the conversation with Tsuko at the beginning of Day 1.

Aaaaah~! Completely missed the new eggs, hope a trade works 'cause the sprites look wonderful. Will check out the event now.

31 minutes ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

Aaaaah~! Completely missed the new eggs, hope a trade works 'cause the sprites look wonderful. Will check out the event now.

A couple eggs just popped into the AP if you're quick!

11 minutes ago, Shajana said:

Finally got adults.😂

Hi yes HELLO those are stunning

Whoaaa those alts are gorgeous!! I definitely wouldn't mind a v-day dragon with those colors... 

They're so pretty.....I do prefer their colors.....

36 minutes ago, Shajana said:

Finally got adults.😂

Oh my! Yes you did and they are fabulous! 

I finally finished the last of the story routes -- well, the last of the characters at least, I only went through once for each character so I probably missed a few things. I really enjoyed the dialogue. I laughed out loud at some of it. I had a little bit of trouble putting myself back in high school to get into character, but it was still fun. I got to the dance with everyone but Olivia.

I realize that these things are put together quickly, but please consider the next time you do something like this that we need a better way to get back to the place (or places) where the story branches off, without having to start over from the beginning each time. I would have tried more of the options if it weren't so tedious. Even clicking through the dialogue as fast as possible didn't help all that much. Other than that, though, I have little criticism for the story, which I thought was pretty well-written. And those dragons! They were superbly drawn.

Much thanks to everyone involved with the event and to Shajana for the pretty new dragon and to TJ for making it all happen.

The Sakuhana's encyclopedia entry currently has two sets of sprites, I'm assuming the 2nd is the spriter's alt? Don't think that's supposed to be there....