TJ09

2019-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

I just tried the Tsoko event route. There is no "evening" or dance on day 7. Is that the usual ending, or did it bug out on me ?

Because so far (in other story lines), after agreeing to go to the dance there was the "starry sky" picture for the evening, followed by some texts about what happens at the dance. Then The End.

Or did I get the message wrong, and wasn't invited after all ? After class met with Tsoko in the kitchen, talked about going to the dance together and it being a "real date" and the last thing I get is him saying "You're not leftovers. You're the main dish." And then "The End". I'm confused.

@Lantean_Pegasus That is the same ending I got and I was a bit confused, too, but I guess that is the "successful" ending.

I knew I'd miss the end of the wall while asleep, but there are still low-timed regular eggs, which is really nice to pick through! Thank you to everyone who posted screenshots, it's always fun to see the progression of the end of the wall. 

I haven't done much on the v-day game the last two days, I really need to finish up Olivia's path, she's the last one for me. While I do sorta feel bad for her in that 'poor rich girl doesn't know any different' way, I think she's my least favorite of the different options... Though it's possible that might change by the time I actually finish her path.

I actually went down the Olivia path and got to the dance. First time I've played it since I got the normal ending with Tsoko. It was pretty cute, though I wasn't too fond of her stuck up attitude. Yeah, I get the fact she's rich and she learns to loosen up and all. But I think I would've liked it better if she actually had a bit of a wild side that she would only show around you. Then again that might just be me.

WB     

@purplehaze Ah, I see. Thank you for the answer. Let's be successfully confused together (and assume the dance was a blast) ! ;)

10 minutes ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

@purplehaze Ah, I see. Thank you for the answer. Let's be successfully confused together (and assume the dance was a blast) ! ;)

Mind I join you two?

I got the same thing and even ask here if I miss something. XD

Aw, the AP is regular again. The Floral V-Days must have been rare because I only saw like 2 and both got snatched. I was really hoping for one more. 'Til next year.

3 hours ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

I just tried the Tsoko event route. There is no "evening" or dance on day 7. Is that the usual ending, or did it bug out on me ?

Because so far (in other story lines), after agreeing to go to the dance there was the "starry sky" picture for the evening, followed by some texts about what happens at the dance. Then The End.

Or did I get the message wrong, and wasn't invited after all ? After class met with Tsoko in the kitchen, talked about going to the dance together and it being a "real date" and the last thing I get is him saying "You're not leftovers. You're the main dish." And then "The End". I'm confused.

I didn’t write an at the dance scene, just the invitation.

1 hour ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

I actually went down the Olivia path and got to the dance. First time I've played it since I got the normal ending with Tsoko. It was pretty cute, though I wasn't too fond of her stuck up attitude. Yeah, I get the fact she's rich and she learns to loosen up and all. But I think I would've liked it better if she actually had a bit of a wild side that she would only show around you. Then again that might just be me.

WB     

She could potentially have a wild side XD I only had 7 days to work with, alas. 

The sprite is alright but the wings look a bit wonky, the issue is only highlighted by the concept art and the spriter-fun-facts.

dczzot2-27ed06e6-2277-4fe5-ad6d-4a64ccd1latest?cb=20190217200217It's pretty but it has very strange proportions in comparison to the more anatomically sound concept art.

The wings are big compared to their body, so they are able to fly very fast.

I don't see that on the sprite, the wings are actually pretty small and stubby looking. The far wing even looks much longer than the near wing. I know sprites have their constraints but i'm pretty sure DC allows for larger sprites than these so it can't be a limitation issue. I'm not a spriter or anything but don't see any technical reason for the wings to be this way. I assumed that they where modeled after short-winged birds but when the quote was posted my theory was proven wrong.

Edited by blockEdragon

5 hours ago, broadway_fiend said:

Has anyone looked at the event today? The Sakuhara got one of those lovely avatars here at the beginning, instead of Tsoko as an introduction, and it’s absolutely gorgeous!

edit: whoops lol I didn’t notice the replies above me were talking about the event haha

I can't see it even after hard refresh on my mobile, can anyone post a screenshot?

9 minutes ago, Cyberr said:

I can't see it even after hard refresh on my mobile, can anyone post a screenshot?

Spoiler

c1a53244a49a19286aa0a6b5c760096e.png

Here you go!

is today the last day to do the event? I haven't been able to do it at all, and I'm scared I won't be able to complete everything in time...

4 minutes ago, BrazenChase said:
  Reveal hidden contents

c1a53244a49a19286aa0a6b5c760096e.png

Here you go!

Thaaaaanks! So pretty!

1 minute ago, DragonNeko said:

is today the last day to do the event? I haven't been able to do it at all, and I'm scared I won't be able to complete everything in time...

The event goes all day tomorrow too according to schedule post

19 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

The event goes all day tomorrow too according to schedule post

Thank you so much! ^_^

In other news, I accidentally abandoned a hatchling... *sighs*

Edited by DragonNeko

I was a little bummed I didn't find enough messy v-days to freeze, but now I guess it's a good thing I didn't use all my freezes because I found two awesome Blacks in the low-time AP to join my frozen army. 

.... It feels kind of weird that the egg drops are completely over, including the extended AP wall, yet we have over a full day of the event-game left. 

1 hour ago, Marrionetta said:

I didn’t write an at the dance scene, just the invitation.

And it was very cute, in that friendly squabbling sort of way. :)

Thank you for clearing that up ! The ending is fine for me, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

@blockEdragon I brought that up a day or two ago and just got bashed for saying it, but it's true. I thought the wings were small before that, but seeing the art and the statement that the wings are supposed to be big.. I'm not sure why then make a sprite that is contradictory to that. I obviously understand that they'd need to be shrunk a little to fit in the size limit, but they could have been folded or posed in a way that allowed them to be bigger.

I think that the Sakuhanas are cute, it's just that, colour scheme-wise, they don't make me think of sakura at all. I love the branch-like antlers, though!

Aw! I missed the wall ending and hatchie wall!

And also this lovely pic:

12 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

unknown.png

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

lol

2 hours ago, blockEdragon said:

The sprite is alright but the wings look a bit wonky, the issue is only highlighted by the concept art and the spriter-fun-facts.

dczzot2-27ed06e6-2277-4fe5-ad6d-4a64ccd1latest?cb=20190217200217It's pretty but it has very strange proportions in comparison to the more anatomically sound concept art.

I don't see that on the sprite, the wings are actually pretty small and stubby looking. The far wing even looks much longer than the near wing. I know sprites have their constraints but i'm pretty sure DC allows for larger sprites than these so it can't be a limitation issue. I'm not a spriter or anything but don't see any technical reason for the wings to be this way. I assumed that they where modeled after short-winged birds but when the quote was posted my theory was proven wrong.

Ah, the unfortunate symptoms of sprite size limitation. 

Technically, the size limit is 120 in one direction and 100 in the other (so, 100x120 pixels or 120x100 pixels), and you usually have to have a lore reason for your dragon to be that big a sprite size. (Like they have to literally be big dragons; I've run into that issue a lot...) And I'm not sure if these dragons are supposed to huge.

So the sprite had to decided between details or accurate wing size, and obviously, the spriter went for detail. There is a lot lost with a smaller body. 

Well, I think they are LOVELY :)

21 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Ah, the unfortunate symptoms of sprite size limitation. 

Technically, the size limit is 120 in one direction and 100 in the other (so, 100x120 pixels or 120x100 pixels), and you usually have to have a lore reason for your dragon to be that big a sprite size. (Like they have to literally be big dragons; I've run into that issue a lot...) And I'm not sure if these dragons are supposed to huge.

So the sprite had to decided between details or accurate wing size, and obviously, the spriter went for detail. There is a lot lost with a smaller body. 

While that's all true, that adult sprite is only 100x100, so there is definitely a bit of wiggle room that could've been utilized. Lore-wise, the spriter already specifically said the wings are supposed to be big compared to the body, so they can fly fast. I don't see why that wouldn't be enough to justify expanding the sprite just enough to make the wings look bigger. Of course I'm not TJ, so....

I really love these new dragons, I *really* do. I looooooove the fact that they are more purple-pink then straight pink, I will *always* love any sort of purple dragon!! But I do agree that after seeing the concept art, the wings in the art really don't match the wings on the actual sprite.