TJ09

2019-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

Hatchie Wall is gone except for the Sakuras. Can we agree not to toss the new valentine breed into the AP next year? Or at least less of them?

With the limit on adopting cb valentines a  wall of cb new valentines is a bit of a problem.

Edited by Laura-Lana

I would agree to do so if I were throwing them in there in the first place. After all, the eggs were available for 3 days instead of 1 now... and rarely people are busy like it were Christmas during the Valentines.

There are still people that miss the release, I mean they all got picked up, pretty quick.

V-day has always been 3 days as far as I remember?  But I while I personally agree it's not needed, I guarantee people will come out of the woodwork to say how helpful it is to them because they couldn't be here.  We had the same discussion at Christmas.

There are still people that miss the release, I mean they all got picked up, pretty quick. 

There are still a whole line of them.  so I guess, that depends on what you mean, by quick.

Edited by DragonLady86

I'm watching all the non-Valentines eggs show up at 1hr in the AP and thinking about cool it would be if someone accidentally made a Neglected trying to save these.

The new dragon is cool but the I like the hatchling sprites the best.

Though during Christmas people tend to be very much even further away from computers and not be around during the holidays due to family obligations (aka visiting relatives and such) to the point of missing out entirely... But Valentines doesn't really reach that kind of need, given that rarely you need to visit your parents for example for it. So I personally don't see the need for it in this magnitude.

2 minutes ago, Moonlightelf said:

Though during Christmas people tend to be very much even further away from computers and not be around during the holidays due to family obligations (aka visiting relatives and such) to the point of missing out entirely... But Valentines doesn't really reach that kind of need, given that rarely you need to visit your parents for example for it. So I personally don't see the need for it in this magnitude.

With the holiday biome now being a returning thing, is it needed at all?  There is always next year.

5 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

With the holiday biome now being a returning thing, is it needed at all?  There is always next year.

Yeah, there is. Though some users probably haven't grasped the concept of "There is always next year" yet.

Yup, that was quick - the new eggs were only there for about half an hour before the wall went to hatchies  That's nothing compared to two Christmases ago when there was about 3-4 solid hours of Garlands at the end there, remember?  This was nothing.  And, I still managed to fish out an unrelated 4G Rosebud x Blusang!  Had a good birthday, got a nice last minute Val egg, & now I shalll sleep before getting to the last few routes of the event I've been neglecting.  Enjoy the rest of your night/day, all, & I look forward to all the new pairs to be bred ^_^!

Annnd now I'm hatchie-locked and don't want to drop anything.  Despite the fact that the AP is eggs at 13-17 hours.  Say, has anyone considered graphing AP times near the holidays?

Looks like I didn't actually miss the low-timers, although I'd thought I might.

Am I the only one who found the holiday "game" tedious? So tedious that I only completed two of the possible outcomes & just couldn't be bothered to do more? The theme & interactions also made me feel very out of the demographic (what IS the DC demographic?).

I appreciated the effort of all involved. Maybe the game mechanism could be streamlined in future? I would have loved to be able to skip directly to the club selection scene after the first round.

You may not be the only one, but I think you are in a minority.

24 minutes ago, Blue Nadir said:

Am I the only one who found the holiday "game" tedious? So tedious that I only completed two of the possible outcomes & just couldn't be bothered to do more? The theme & interactions also made me feel very out of the demographic (what IS the DC demographic?).

I appreciated the effort of all involved. Maybe the game mechanism could be streamlined in future? I would have loved to be able to skip directly to the club selection scene after the first round.

I did only two as well - my first attempt Ion didn't want to go to the dance with me and when - what was her name? Astronomy path - fell in love with me I figured I do no want to disappoint her with trying on other dates XD (nah, I just didn't have the time to do the others^^)

Didn't expect I will see something new starting event again now, after few days

Spoiler

but right at the beginning Sakuhana appeared :blink:

6 minutes ago, Verse said:

Didn't expect I will see something new starting event again now, after few days

Hide contents

but right at the beginning Sakuhana appeared :blink:

Not here...

Spoiler

unless you don't mean RIGHT at the beginning.

Oh wait - yeah -OK :lol: Took a hard refresh.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Has anyone looked at the event today? The Sakuhara got one of those lovely avatars here at the beginning, instead of Tsoko as an introduction, and it’s absolutely gorgeous!

edit: whoops lol I didn’t notice the replies above me were talking about the event haha

Edited by broadway_fiend

1 hour ago, Blue Nadir said:

I played through each story once and was rewarded with some great artwork (the Arcana!) and some funny text interactions. I appreciate the effort that went into it but I agree, it was not really my style. Definitely agree that we should have been able to skip straight to the end of Day 1 after the first playthrough, clicking through all that text again was beyond tedious. I assumed that the idea was, "haha, dragon dating sim, let's make it extra silly by setting it in an anime highschool," but you're making me wonder if I just wasn't the intended audience. 

Oh well, it was a nice event! Couldn't find all my mandatory pairs because of limits (still needed a 2nd gen Sweetling from White and one from Silver) but I suppose next year! :)