TJ09

2019-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

@Arkee I was mostly reacting negatively to the person above who said "A pride month release with a bunch of different pride flag dragons would be cool", Also the more I think there'd probably be a problem with the 'gay' and 'ace' dragons only being able to be bred straight or the fact that they could be made to breed at all.

It's just kind of a can of worms and we know how DC handles things (dramatically).

6 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

@Arkee I was mostly reacting negatively to the person above who said "A pride month release with a bunch of different pride flag dragons would be cool", Also the more I think there'd probably be a problem with the 'gay' and 'ace' dragons only being able to be bred straight or the fact that they could be made to breed at all.

It's just kind of a can of worms and we know how DC handles things (dramatically).

Asking for dragons with the colors of the flags is vastly different than asking for the dragons to be LGBT.

I'd like to see dragons with flag colors they are great combos. Combos we don't see in cave

So, I'm only on day 4 right now, but right now I can't imagine actually wanting to go to the dance with Olivia? Does she do a complete turn-around or something, because right now she is just a prissy *female dog word*. I guess she's used to being in charge and whatever, but seriously the way she talks to me really isn't winning any points here.

31 minutes ago, Arkee said:

But isn't exactly what people are asking in the posts above and before? That the flag colors would make a good dragon and that we're tired of pink pink pink pink even if we like the pink?

Yes. My proposal was basically, "I suggest this combination of colors and here's my rationale for choosing those colors." If the spriters want to throw in other colors, that's fine. Just as long as it's not pink or red. 😛 And the lore doesn't have to mention asexuality/aromance if they can think of a better lore.

Here's images of the flags so you can visualize the colors together.

Asexy flag:

asexual_flag___pc_wallpaper_by_people_of_the_lie-d5rqvyb.png

Aromantic flag:

latest?cb=20150430151823

Here's some more color inspiration for the spriters. This is a hillside full of California wildflowers.

AFP_NC3FH.jpg

And here's a closeup of a California Golden Poppy.

th?id=OIP.vAu7Gd2thIOUkhM2LYXZrAEsC2&pid

How long do we reckon Valentine's dragons are going to last in there now? Anyone have some they bred last minute to check?

12 minutes ago, bonvoyage said:

How long do we reckon Valentine's dragons are going to last in there now? Anyone have some they bred last minute to check?

I would say the wall is going to end soonish? I bred my dragons right before Vday ended (around 11 PM EST) and eggs are sitting at 3 days, 7 hours right now.

Okay wait, dragons live in houses? Huh, for some reason that caught me off-guard. (Olivia's path)

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Okay wait, dragons live in houses? Huh, for some reason that caught me off-guard. (Olivia's path)

I imagine for the sake of storytelling, events like this diverge pretty far from Valkemare canon. I mean, realistically, how many giant dragons can one school squeeze in to begin with? XD 

20 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I imagine for the sake of storytelling, events like this diverge pretty far from Valkemare canon. I mean, realistically, how many giant dragons can one school squeeze in to begin with? XD 

They're not giant yet. They're still in school, after all. 😋

I've been waiting for the AP to empty out since midnight. Will the Valentines stop dropping soon in the AP? I need to pick up some bsa hatchling and eggs and I'm impatient, lol. 

We're really close to the end I can tell you that much. It'll probably end sometime today

3 hours ago, Siliskor said:

Yes, you have to have an alt coded scroll to have alt sweets. He'll stay pink on your scroll. Be nice to him, I bred him.

Well of course I still love him xD I thought I broke him at first. 

Oh, darn.  What are the chances it'll hit while I'm in bed or in class?  Pretty high, I'll bet.  Why couldn't DC have the decency to schedule everything to be convenient for me?

Actually, I'm pretty much hatchie-locked from keeping the pretty ones of the AP blockers, anyway.  And there should be some low-timers left, too.

5 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Even a yellowy orange, or dark purples/black. Green would work too.

I'm thinking along the lines of bouquets I saw in floral shops and posted online during the holiday and weekend. My personal favorite are the orangey red sunset looking bouquets, but this year I saw one with gorgeous dark blues and purples, with eucalyptus for a touch of green

Maybe a chocolate themed Valentine . . .

2 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

More and more people in the AP. Do we all sense it's almost time to go back to normal? I hope it is

I hope it lasts for another hour (that's when my next hatchling grows up).  I am soooo scroll-locked.

Woooah, over 100 people in the AP? Dang!! I'm an avid AP hunter and very rarely see it get above 70-80, even during holidays. Guess everyone is excited for the end of the wall! I was momentarily worried I wouldn't have enough slots for the hatchie/low-time regular wall, but I haven't found anything good in the v-day wall at all today so I'm good there.