TJ09

2019-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

Big thanks to our indispensable team of overworked volunteers! This has been a fun one.

CREDITS

Birdzgoboom
Bluesonic1
Fiona
Hazeh
JOTB
LadyLyzar
Marrionetta
Mewtie
Nakase
PieMaster
Process
Shajana
SkyWolf25
TCA
TJ09
Windyra
Wookieinmashoo
Wynni

Happy Valentine’s Day!

13 minutes ago, Marrionetta said:

Big thanks to our indispensable team of overworked volunteers! This has been a fun one.

Huge thanks to you all for all your hard work setting things up and fixing problems! Great event.

I still have not had time to work through all the paths. I got the Olivia "friendship" one, which is good enough for me. I will work through the others as the week goes on.

I WILL get more people to the dance. I got Alun to come... Still have to try Tsoko. Then I will go back and redo the ones I haven't danced with...

i'm loving the dating game so far XD just finished Tsoko and Mordred's route  and i got invited to the dance by both :wub:

i'm off to try the others, but I was wondering who was that blue dragon that appeared during Tsoko's rout? I couldn't recognize what breed she was, I hope we get a list of all dragons that appeared or mentioned later, but it's fine if we don't.

thank you for the event ❤️

and to all the artist who did an astonishingly good job with the dragons

Finished a first run through of everyone! From most favorite on:

1. Olivia! She was offputting at first, and I'm not normally a fan of "being rich is SO HARD" storylines--but boy did she grow on me. :D It was really sweet watching her develop and reach out more, and the only story where I was genuinely excited to see what the next day would bring. Also definitely the activities that would most appeal to me; watching a meteor shower while wrapped in gorgeous cashmere blankets and enjoying swirly glitter Kool Drank and cookies! Finding constellations in massive puddles! Bonding with my other best friend because I can't make confectionaries for this crazy party! Also bad puns, bad puns everywhere. I finished literally a few minutes before the glitch where she won't go to the dance with you was fixed, but I was really satisfied with the best friend ending. Watching the stars and enjoying our newly burgeoning club together felt more fitting for us than a dance. :)

I FELL IN LOVE WITH BEAUTY AND MONEY AND IT WASN'T EVEN FOR THE BEAUTY AND MONEY, WHAT A GAL

2. Alun! I am NOT a sportsy person, at all, but he was such a genuinely likable guy that I enjoyed myself very much all the same, haha. How dare his friends cart him off without me, though! I think I was a bit too anti-sportsy at the start, need to try again. :P I also liked his story--being the best at something CAN change how both you and others view you, so it was interesting to see him dealing with that. Also loved him shielding me from the rain and playing in the storm, his unexpected love of reading, and his cute nervous face. Bonus: since he WAS so unusually friendly for a Storm, and since I never realized Storms looked quite the way he did, I was half expecting him to be some other sort of dragon in disguise! That, or to have wind magic that he had to restrain, which was why he had to fake his losses. Guess he's such a super talented and friendly guy though. :D Edit: just replayed and got to the dance! As expected the first answer made a difference; I wanted to give off the impression that I was there for friends rather than sports but it came off too aggressive, haha. The "here for fun" got a much better answer and a very cute ending. Alun's a swell guy. :D 

3. Tsoko! Childhood sweethearts are a weakness of mine, and I liked the bit about separation and him promising to visit. I'll be honest though, I think I loved him more from how kind and helpful he was to me in Olivia's story than from this one, haha. What an outstanding dude, stealing my heart in someone else's romance path! :P 

4. Mordred! WHAT A PUNK YO. Loved his art, loved him being protective of his sister. I did feel his story was missing something, though. WHY has he felt the need to become a rebel and give up studies that he once seemed to enjoy with his sister? I was left feeling a bit unfulfilled at the end--although he was the only one in my first runs to ask me to the dance! (Even if it was just for sabotage :P). Hopefully a second play through gives more answers.

5. Ion. Nothing against Ion, they're a cutie, and bunny watching is definitely a top tier activity. Just didn't really catch my attention like some of the others. The ending was also strangely abrupt when Ion said no to the dance. I think it was the friendship ending, but it felt like it ended on a more sour note due to "no, I can't do that" and then a cold close. Also at one point Ion talks about their dad; hope it's not the same dad who made Ion Neglected! Where's Dragon Protective Services when you need them?! 

6. Wilda. Sweet girl, but that FANCY FIRE GEM kept interrupting us! The story also felt a bit choppy; after protecting Wilda from said Fire Gem (thinking she'd been sent by Olivia to antagonize her), she left in a huff. Wilda seemed to appreciate the protection. But then the next day, it turns out she and Wilda had spent the night baking together? Eh? My favorite bit of this was actually Mordred, haha; he makes a cool bro, but he'd make a scary bro-in-law!

7. Harle. I sympathize with her and the struggle she's going through feeling she needs to be perfect, but I was a good and helpful friend to her and then at the end she was really dismissive of my feelings and shrugged me off pretty coolly. ;___; *sad violin music*

ALSO SHOUTOUT TO HEADMISTRESS MATILDA THE REAL OP

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I just went to the dance with Tsoko. (And I went with Ion, ADP - why didn't you ?)

Has anyone got to the dance with Harle ?

Nice recap ADP- but I think Ion's path got fixed, because I thought I did perfect and he abruptly said no to me too. 

Does anything change the badge, like depending on how far through/who you get?

What IS this ? I went to the dance with Ion.... He was my first dance partner.

I think I well go try him again to see if it was a glitch.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I just went to the dance with Tsoko. (And I went with Ion, ADP - why didn't you ?)

I took a screenshot someone posted but now can't find the post.

In white below because idk how to put spoilers.

-offer to help

-birds

-ask aelita her opinion

-cows

-side with aelita

-give advice

-cows and birds

9 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The only reason I can think of is that during the rooftop question I was on mobile, and my screen had went into power saving dim, and when I clicked on it to brighten it selected the weird panicking about the feather dropping answer instead of the listening one. Maybe I startled the poor thing. 😧 

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

The game starts over at Day 1 every time I enter. I do NOT have time to play the game straight through. I see no way to save and start from that point. Frustrated. Please help.

17 minutes ago, anetofstars said:

The game starts over at Day 1 every time I enter. I do NOT have time to play the game straight through. I see no way to save and start from that point. Frustrated. Please help.

It saves at the start of every new day. Just get to day 2 (it doesn’t take long) and you can safely leave it. Same for the other days. :) 

So far, I've completed the routes for Ion, Tsoko, and Alun.  And yes I did picture myself as a dragon. Because reasons.

Yay! Seeing this come to fruition has been a treat. Happy Valentine's day, everyone!! =D

2 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

1. Olivia! She was offputting at first, and I'm not normally a fan of "being rich is SO HARD" storylines--but boy did she grow on me. :D It was really sweet watching her develop and reach out more, and the only story where I was genuinely excited to see what the next day would bring. Also definitely the activities that would most appeal to me; watching a meteor shower while wrapped in gorgeous cashmere blankets and enjoying swirly glitter Kool Drank and cookies! Finding constellations in massive puddles! Bonding with my other best friend because I can't make confectionaries for this crazy party! Also bad puns, bad puns everywhere. I finished literally a few minutes before the glitch where she won't go to the dance with you was fixed, but I was really satisfied with the best friend ending. Watching the stars and enjoying our newly burgeoning club together felt more fitting for us than a dance. :)

I FELL IN LOVE WITH BEAUTY AND MONEY AND IT WASN'T EVEN FOR THE BEAUTY AND MONEY, WHAT A GAL

tenor.gif.acc7329a26ee10680e9149a572e38db4.gif

This made me light up like a firecracker bless you

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

It saves at the start of every new day. Just get to day 2 (it doesn’t take long) and you can safely leave it. Same for the other days. :) 

Oh, thanks so much!

It's funny that most people seem to be picturing themselves as some type of dragon/creature, I'm totally in the mindset of 'how cool is this, a human getting to go to a dance with a dragon!!', lol. I wonder if there are any biases against dragon/human inter-dating in this society? *thinks way too much about this stuff*

FINALLY went to the dance with Harle.

3 hours ago, meruru said:

... but I was wondering who was that blue dragon that appeared during Tsoko's rout? 

If you’re talking about Alice? I think she’s a Skywing, just because she looks very similar to Ace does in Alun’s storyline with a bit different coloring

Edited by broadway_fiend
got name wrong oops

I found Wilda's route strangely off-putting - "my" lines made me seem like some sort of manipulative creep straight out of shoujo manga. "She's so cute, when she's acting shy" - yikes! Ion's route was also lackluster, your standard littlest cancer patient woobie fare. I really liked Tsoko's and Mordred's routes. Those were the characters I would actually willingly interact with. Olivia's route had some impressive character development. Too bad you had to play such a toadie to appease her. It didn't help that I've played most of other routes before hers and she showed up in them (and even in the prologue, as she comments on Ion's appearance) to be an absolute female dog, so I was coming to her route already disliking her. But so far her story and character was the most developed. Alun's route was the most average for me - character was very likeable, but on the other hand it's sports based plot (basically the same issue I had with Craig from DD). I'm yet to play through Harle's route. ETA: Harle's route seemed rushed, I wish there was more develpment.

Let us date headmistress Matilda, you cowards (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

Edited by dragonspiritdp
ETA

14 hours ago, LemonCakeSavvy said:

unknown.png?width=400&height=278

TJ, are you memeing this up-

Is this

Is this Abe

I am very pleased.

All my respects to you forever.

Petition to add a route for Yagu and his incredible face