TJ09

2019-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

5 minutes ago, Shuxiray said:

i'm happy to be olivia's friend but i wanted to go to the dance with her... alas...

Yeah same, is it even possible?

I pick all the options that seem like the right ones and somehow always end up friends with everyone. Am I just doing all the hard routes?

screw this i'm going to slack off-oh, i am on the Mordred path. :o

Time to see if I will get a date or just be friends with him as well :D

This new dragon is really nice! :D And event is just awesome. It's similar to "Angels With Scaly Wings". 

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! 💝 Hopefully you are able to celebrate it with a loved one or significant other. 

How's everyone's Valentine's Day Event coming along? So far I've joined the Astronomy Club, and have decided I'd like to take Tsoko to the Winter's End Dance. 

Edited by SeasonofCrows

Definitely not my favorite event... in fact, I'm finding it rather tedious and uninteresting. Do we have to complete it to get a badge? How many days are there?

13 minutes ago, Niyaka said:

Definitely not my favorite event... in fact, I'm finding it rather tedious and uninteresting. Do we have to complete it to get a badge? How many days are there?

As for the badge, I don't know.

But there is only 7 days in the event.

edit: victory! I went to the dance! ...sure it was mostly to mess with everyone else, but I still went! :D

Edited by Lady Dragoon

Very pretty hatchies. I'll have to try playing the game on my computer when I get home. It was hard to navigate on my phone.

31 minutes ago, Niyaka said:

I concur. I'm hitting the Enter button quite often to just scroll through the text. I see the badge for participating on my scroll, but I'm not sure if there's one for getting to the dance. 

21 minutes ago, SeasonofCrows said:

I concur. I'm hitting the Enter button quite often to just scroll through the text. I see the badge for participating on my scroll, but I'm not sure if there's one for getting to the dance. 

I think you can go ahead and skip it after getting the basic badge. Unless something's changed later, there's just the 2019 heart after passing through many of the dialogue trees (incl. unintentional dances) on my scroll.

I just noticed the new dragon sorts between Royal Crimson and Sapphire 😕 Well. that overthrows any guesses I had about their name based on looks and description.

can't believe we get a visual novel about seducing dragons. bless this site

Sorry to ask, but is this the only badge possible at the moment? Anyone got a different one? 4NWaf4Q.gif

Edited by Helel

Welp, I played through it only once and Ion has already won my heart; I'm not sure I could play through and go to the dance with anyone else now. 🤣 They're my kind of dragon. ❤️

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Sending lots of love and hugs and positive vibes everyone's way! 🤗

The eggs and hatchies are looking good; I can't wait to see the adults! 

Thank you TJ, spriters/ artist, and everyone else involved in making this event happen! ^-^ ❤️

Strange event.  I agree with others that the dialogue is tedious and I stopped reading within day 1 and just clicked through.  The dialogue itself is also awkward - its sort of as if an alien species that has been observing earthlings attempted to write down how they think a human conversation would go.

For me I definitely prefer events where we interact with and gift things to fellow forum members and DC players - flowers, V-day cards, etc.  Those are a lot of fun.

This event is adorable! I've only done Ion's path so far, but they are SO cute.  I absolutely love them ❤️ 

2 hours ago, Shuxiray said:

i'm happy to be olivia's friend but i wanted to go to the dance with her... alas...

Yeah - me too. Where did we go wrong ? :P

10 minutes ago, Leidarendi said:

Strange event.  I agree with others that the dialogue is tedious and I stopped reading within day 1 and just clicked through.  The dialogue itself is also awkward - its sort of as if an alien species that has been observing earthlings attempted to write down how they think a human conversation would go.

For me I definitely prefer events where we interact with and gift things to fellow forum members and DC players - flowers, V-day cards, etc.  Those are a lot of fun.

Ha ha ha uh I am definitely not an alien observer and I have normal cordial human relationships in my normal cordial human meat what a ridiculous assertion it causes me pain

who told you

Interesting game... though I have some critique for it. I will note upfront that I'm not a romantic, but it's not the theme necessarily that bothered me.

The first thing that annoyed me is once the game gives you a choice, it doesn't ever give you a choice again even though it's implied you can make more. So once you choose a route to go with a particular person, you're committed to it, and there's no prior implication of that when you're making the choice. I honestly thought I would be able to visit every character without having to restart the event over and over, but it turns out that once you choose, you choose. The end. Any other choices you have are just really minor effects that happen within the plotline you're then stuck with. So I was a bit disappointed by that.
   The other thing is I've noticed a consistent problem with the latest interactive events (excepting Snow Fight): because they're in second person, and because the game doesn't know you, it assumes a LOT about you; especially that you'll make stupid decisions for the sake of the plot. I understand that the game can't magically predict people, and coding any sort of preliminary test that customizes your options is rather pointless in a minigame like this, but I found myself quickly jaded and detached from the game when it assumed I had a personality 180 from my true one. Examples (may have spoilers): I chose the Cooking class option because I was comfortable with it and knew how to cook. The game assumes I'm a nincompoop and don't know squat about cooking. That wouldn't have been a problem, except, before the first class started it gave me two options: let your friend help or start on your own. I thought "let your friend help" meant the storyline for "yes, I don't know how to cook", and "start on your own" meant the writing presumed you do have a clue what you're doing; but no, it just makes you look even more like an idiot. I wasn't a fan of that. The game also didn't ever give me the option to say "I chose the cooking class because I like cooking"; no, it forces me to say "well I only joined because of you", which I would never say or do because that's stupid and I would obviously fail the class, which makes my original effort of hanging out with someone pointless. On top of that, there were several options to say, back down from a fight, or say two different things, but the options were extremely limiting and again, rather presumptuous. The only option I liked the outcome of after picking my storyline was the "confess it lightly" one; and even then, my preferred option would be "let the other person speak first". Finally, at the end of my plotline, I didn't even go to the dance; the most eventful things are my friend beat up some other guy and I got yelled at by the school doctor.... yay?

So basically I was really disappointed with the writing. The art is good and the game seems to work flawlessly, and it starts out pretty well, but that's all I can give it.
   Since I am being rather harsh and this is a holiday though, I will say this: I think the impression the game gives would have flowed tons better had I not been playing "myself" in the story. Had the game began as "you're this nondescript heartsick dragon who just wants a friend" and gone from there, I wouldn't have been peeved by all of the game's necessary presumptions about me because they would have come across as facts about this other dragon. This very concept is what made me like the Dragon Matchmaking event (the one where you decorate your cave to attract another dragon); you're not playing yourself, you're playing as one of your dragons. Because the game is trying to make this a story about You the Scroll Owner though, it really killed everything. It's really unfortunate because previous events have proven how great these minigames can be.

So there are my two cents about my experience. To end on a light note, the new dragon eggs look stunning and I can't wait to see how the adults turn out~

EDIT: I second Leidarendi in that once I caught on to the game not giving me a lot of other options, I just kept hitting "Enter" and watched everything happen in a... bit of an awkward way. Again it boils down to the game turning into a visual novel instead of being more like the CYOA it presented itself as.

Edited by skwerl56767

It certainly didn't read that way to me. I can understand mentioning the controls for picking options on the page (using W/S to navigate menus) - that's the first thing that confused me - but then why not just make them point-and-click options if there are so little? TJ knows how to do that. I can also understand presenting different options for different dragons you can choose to hang out with, but again, the execution made it look like those wouldn't be the only important choices in the game, and it certainly didn't imply "You might do this for the rest of the week because of <x> reason", which hugely diminishes the importance of the other "choices" you can make, so why have them at all? Perhaps the game had more choices in development that were nixed because of this reasoning, and that's why there are so few in the first place, but I still question the point of them.
   What I'm trying to say is, if I were to develop a visual novel, I would start the game off with some narration about the main character, then go through the first day as normal, then present the after-school classes options as a more obvious "pick your plotline" situation". Again, saying something like "Your schedule is too tight to look at more than one class", or maybe "All of these classes run at the same times and you want to take one fully" would have been a good indicator. Then the novel would just play. I also wouldn't have keyboard controls (thus needing to mention the controls on the game's page) for the choices; when the choice comes up, I would just say "Pick a way to spend your week" or however much time the plotline may run for. That would be a good way to avoid implications that the game will have important choices throughout, instead of just one choice that you then have to run with and some frivolous dialogue pocketed here in there. (I don't know what it is psychologically that made me think keyboard controls meant more (important) choices, but that's what they did).
   I'm sorry if it looks like I'm attacking the event creators, by the way, I just realized it could read like that... but I think the critique is useful as a future reference.

Happy Valentines day one and all! Very cute game, sweet, silly, corny and has all the dating sim tropes. Although since the last dating sim I played was DDLC I was a little paranoid something creepy would start to happen XD

Happy VD Everyone!! I am happy to be poking around more, got my work transfer to a new job with ZERO customer service interaction woohoo, M-F day shifts and weekends off which means I should be back around more just in time to give those Player Events and all of you the love and cheering you deserve, don't think I've disappeared or forgotten, I hope you all are enjoying and continue to enjoy this event, I think it is a lot of fun to have a game of this version I was laughing so hard well done!! and.... ALSO - don't forget to consider sending out PMs to thank and appreciate people or post in the Thank You Thread or whatever, part of Valentines is sharing appreciation for others, even on a virtual pixel game!!! Still real people. Take time to love yourself and those others you choose to love, appreciate those who are good to you, and appreciate yourself, and I super appreciate the admins, mods, and other event organizers, it was great fun and cannot wait to see the new dragons!!! woo!

Love and Hugs to all! Hope this Holiday season run has been a ton of fun, but even if DC official events might wind down a bit, we got plenty of ongoing players who run events all year long, very generous people, and tons of DC events that are always ongoing, including more and more and more releases, raffles, and everything! We have so much to do, never think you are missing out cuz if you are, ask someone how to get the inside scoop on the fun and we'll give you all the details. This game is to have fun and enjoy and love your time here and appreciate the people. This Holiday is just something we should carry with us thruout the normal days too! HUGS to all and thanks for those who keep the events of all types going~!