TJ09

2019-02-14 - Happy Valentine's Day!

5 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Has anyone suggested raising the egg slots, maybe during holiday releases only? Especially Halloween as there aren't breed limits.

-dont hate me, just playing with ideas

Honestly, don't need more eggslots. the hatchling limit has me locked way more than anything during these low-time walls.

Even a yellowy orange, or dark purples/black. Green would work too.

I'm thinking along the lines of bouquets I saw in floral shops and posted online during the holiday and weekend. My personal favorite are the orangey red sunset looking bouquets, but this year I saw one with gorgeous dark blues and purples, with eucalyptus for a touch of green

----

Slots in general I mean, I guess. I was just thinking about what it'll be like in the coming years, if it's like this now. I imagine something will be changed at some point

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

11 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Has anyone suggested raising the egg slots, maybe during holiday releases only? Especially Halloween as there aren't breed limits.

I doubt if it has really been suggested  seriously, although I did suggest it in the Unreasonable Demands thread. I don't really think it is that unreasonable, just unlikely to happen. Of course it would have to be accompanied by corresponding hatchie slots or it would be useless, as Dragon_Arbock says.

Edited by purplehaze

@Nightwalkerkey ohhh, yah! I didn't even think of orange, but I know the sorts of bouquets you're thinking of and yes, that'd be lovely. There's just so many ways Valentine themes can go; black dark chocolate (or roses), blue for unrequited love, yellow for friendship, green for more of a "return of spring" theme ala the way this release's lore went, and so on. And those are just some of the most blatant interpretations; there are lots of ways to do it. XD

Nothing against this release at all (they're not my favorite, but they're still pretty), just wish we had a bit more variety. Most things right now are either pink or red/purple which are close cousins of pink on the color wheel.

6 hours ago, atheistcanuck said:

I'm also aspec and arospec and would love an ace/aro coloured Valentine's dragon that focused on friendship/non romantic love.

That would be cool! Also, what if it were  all the LGBT flags as different variants of it? (ok now it sounds more of a pride month release then)

I'm not a fan of the wing spots because I never like mottled anything, but I love the pose and the colors and the delicateness of the dragon. I wish often that Dragcave and other sprite-adoptables like MS had larger sprites so we could see the fantastic details of these even more clearly. A wonderful DC addition.

7 hours ago, tiny_gremlin said:

That'd be awesome!  

10 hours ago, Moondragon007 said:

I'm aro Ace too! Which is a good thing, since I'm so fugly I probably wouldn't be able to get a date.

The official Aro colors are green, yellow, gray, and black; and the official Ace colors are purple, white, gray, and black. Those combos would make for good V-Day dragons that are different from the usual ones. And the Aro Ace symbol is the Ace of Spades.

I really doubt that you are fugly, but at least, you don't have to listen to the "what a waste" trash talk, always look at the positive side!

I'm kind against any specific spectrum, I think the Asexual Flag cover us all, no need to be specific!

6 hours ago, atheistcanuck said:

I'm also aspec and arospec and would love an ace/aro coloured Valentine's dragon that focused on friendship/non romantic love.

Yes to the Friendship~Platonic love!

3 hours ago, Sazandora said:

Another asexual reporting in. I don't mind Valentine's Day at all, but by the gods I wish we'd get some different-colored valentine dragons sometime. I'm so sick and tired of getting almost nothing but pink pink pink pink pink every year. I love pink, but I'm so fed up with all these pink valentine dragons we've been having. A black valentine could be interesting, but I'm also in favor for a green or brown one. Or heck, maybe even white or gray.

Sakuhanas look alright to me, I see them as being very light purple in color instead of all-out eye-bleeding pink.

It is so nice to see more Aces here! :D

A Black/Gray/White/Purple dragon! that would be awesome!

let's try to push it! we need a dark V-day dragon!

AceFlag.gif

30 minutes ago, InfiniteGalaxiezz05 said:

That would be cool! Also, what if it were  all the LGBT flags as different variants of it? (ok now it sounds more of a pride month release then)

A pride month release with a bunch of different pride flag dragons would be cool.

5 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

You know, I support people, but I don't think a dragon adopts site should be pushing a gender/sex agenda.

We're not. You can pick to romance whichever character you feel is appropriate relative to your personal views.

The ungendered ND is a breed with a mechanic that's a relic of how the site used to handle neglected dragons. We added in male and female NDs per user feedback.

No agendas here except an even number of available character genders so players have options.

3 minutes ago, Marrionetta said:

We're not. You can pick to romance whichever character you feel is appropriate relative to your personal views.

The ungendered ND is a breed with a mechanic that's a relic of how the site used to handle neglected dragons. We added in male and female NDs per user feedback.

No agendas here except an even number of available character genders so players have options.

Um.. I wasn't talking about Ion.. I was referring to people talking about creating new dragon breeds based on pride flags. I know what an ungendered ND is.

Just now, Dragon_Arbock said:

Um.. I wasn't talking about Ion.. I was referring to people talking about creating new dragon breeds based on pride flags. I know what an ungendered ND is.

Ah, I missed that discussion. Maybe move concept ideas unrelated to the event to S/R? Not just @ you, @ everyone.

I know I saw it somewhere on here, but I was wondering, since Alt sweetlings can't be CB anymore - 

didnt someone say they breed true to their parents?

so did.. mine mess up? - qWzoH

or is it because I don't have a CB Alt Sweetling on my scroll to begin with (took this as a trade)

3 minutes ago, ComatosedRoses said:

I know I saw it somewhere on here, but I was wondering, since Alt sweetlings can't be CB anymore - 

or is it because I don't have a CB Alt Sweetling on my scroll to begin with (took this as a trade)

Sweetlings will now only be the alt black under the condition that 1) your scroll was one of the glitched ones back with the original release, AND 2) the sweetling's parent is an alt black sweetling. If both those conditions aren't met, it will be pink.

2 minutes ago, ComatosedRoses said:

Yes, you have to have an alt coded scroll to have alt sweets. He'll stay pink on your scroll. Be nice to him, I bred him.

25 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

You know, I support people, but I don't think a dragon adopts site should be pushing a gender/sex agenda.

LGBT+ players existing and wanting to see content they can relate to in some fashion or another isn't an agenda/pushing an agenda.

Edit: That said, even if I'm not ace, I'd love to see a dragon with the colors of that flag. It's a gorgeous color combination.

Edited by Arkee

I also saw somebody say that even if you have an alt coded scroll, new CBs will not be alt either. Shame for anyone who had frozen one, now they can never get two adults.

@Arkee I am ace. I do not want to see that be a dragon. Never mind that if someone wanted a straight-rep dragon I'm sure most people wouldn't be as accepting of that. There's no need to politicize a dragon release. If you want representation you can breed colored lines or describe your dragons.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

@Dragon_Arbock So being ace yourself, you should well know that our existence (I'm bi, so LGBT+ as well) isn't politics and including it in a fictional space in some manner or other isn't politicizing either. Having a dragon have the colors of the flags isn't politics. Especially as it's not as much as "we want Ace Dragon!" but more "we want a dragon to have those colors or a dark V-day dragon that isn't the alt Sweetlings only some folks can have because we're tired of all the pink", at least on my end.

10 minutes ago, Arkee said:

Edit: That said, even if I'm not ace, I'd love to see a dragon with the colors of that flag. It's a gorgeous color combination.

Yes, I think those colors would look gorgeous on a dragon. They compliment each other nicely and I can easily imagine many different dragon images in my mind... Maybe black and grey wings with purple/white body? Regardless of what the colors might possibly represent, it would be awesome in general to have a non-pink/purple v-day dragon. 

'seekers wall has mostly broken, still some left but not a majority. I'm wondering how close we are to the end now?

@Arkee How I see it, (maybe I see it differently than others, but) I find shoehorning in representation just for representation's sake insulting. Like when someone puts in an lgbt character into something and that's their only trait, I find pretty awful, and a marketing ploy. If it's a strong character that just so happens to be lgbt and it's not brought up every other sentence (like Cecil in Welcome to Night Vale), then it's better.
I would like a black and purple valentines or other dragon, but not if it's promoted as the 'ace' dragon.

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

I would like a black and purple valentines or other dragon, but not if it's promoted as the 'ace' dragon.

But isn't exactly what people are asking in the posts above and before? That the flag colors would make a good dragon and that we're tired of pink pink pink pink even if we like the pink?

I agree that shoehorning things in for marketing reasons isn't cool, but that's not what seems to be happening in this case at all. I'm not seeing "let's make LGBT+ dragons and sell our site as super inclusive, woo!". I'm just seeing a bunch of happy people 1. talking about being ace/aro/what Valentines means for them and 2. wanting a dragon that's not the mainstream Valentine colors.

50 minutes ago, Arkee said:

LGBT+ players existing and wanting to see content they can relate to in some fashion or another isn't an agenda/pushing an agenda.

+1 but, people reacted very negatively to the idea a couple years back when it was brought up. Nonbinary Ion is great, but I'm 90% sure that's the only queer rep we'll ever get. (especially given the number of people misgendering them)

Edited by Tinibree

1 minute ago, Tinibree said:

+1 but, people reacted very negatively to the idea a couple years back when it was brought up. Nonbinary Ion is great, but I'm 90% sure that's the only queer rep we'll ever get. (especially given the number of people misgendering them)

Yeah, that's sad to see 😕