Arella

ANSWERED:What happened to Black Sweetlings?

I just hatched my first Sweetling egg, and it's pink! I've got a black sweetling scroll, so I am very confused. Do Sweetlings breed true now (Pink to Pink and Black to Black)? I've been really excited to start Black Sweetling x Red Zyumorph and Leodon checkers this year, but I can't do that if they're all going to come out pink. What happened??

Alt Sweetlings were mostly-discontinued last year.

Instead, the behavior will be changed to allow everyone to access normal Sweetlings without breaking too many existing lineages. Rather than fully retiring alts, those with alts will be able to breed more and trade with people who also have alts, but eggs from non-alt Sweetlings will not magically become alts upon changing hands to someone with alts.

Edited by GhostMouse

As far as I remember, TJ changed Sweetling breeding last year. Sweetlings now breed true (Pink to Pink and Black to Black) for owners of Black Sweetling scrolls only. So if the line you hatched comes from a Pink Sweetling dad, it will stay pink on your scroll.

But a Sweetling from black dad will be pink on a normal scroll like mine.

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you both so much!! I hadn't heard about the details of that, just that "no more black sweetlings - wait no, that was fixed' so I was deeply confused when this egg hatched Pink, and I couldn't find anything recent on the matter. I'm so relieved to hear that I can continue my Black Sweetling lineages. I adore the black/red color combo, and would love to see more "Dark Valentine" breeds!