BlueLatios

"Abandoning" a GoN

So I've heard, there is a 3rd possibility in Kill and Earthquake attempt. The first is that it dies, 2nd is that it's successful and the hatchling pops out of the egg, what I'm interested in is the 3rd one, where the hatchling runs away in the AP? Has anyone had their hatchling run away on a killing attempt? And knowing this mechanic, does that mean that we could do that on a GoN egg and if lucky, the hatchling stays in AP? (Unless TJ09 has foreseen that and prevented it fron happening in the codes)

Yes, I have.  However, I would assume that if GONs can't be abandoned their only option would be hatch and keep or die.

earthquake.png

Well, there's only one way to find out. However, do you really plan to risk a GoN (plus whatever else is on your scroll) for someone else to be able to catch it?

Also, you forgot the 4th option: Nothing happens!

I would assume that TJ thought about this outcome and prevented it. The other outcome may be that you can't grab a GoN that isn't your own, especially if you are at the limit.

welp like olympe said, there's only one way to find out. Unless the code is something I want to keep, won't be needing a 3rd GoN anytime soon, if I get another lucky summon.

...actually there's another way. If it works like market eggs + holiday dragons with limits, who knows, only TJ knows. And knowing that "nothing happens" is a possibility, and that Earthquake will give the same results on the same day, should I directly ask TJ about it or via PM or Ask-A-Mod?

Uhm, what do you mean with this: 

10 hours ago, BlueLatios said:

and that Earthquake will give the same results on the same day

I don't think I'm following that thought.

Also, if this is a loophole TJ hasn't thought of, and you ask him, you can be assured it will be fixed before you manage to find out if it would have worked without asking him. XD 

@olympe if my memory and info is still correct, when you Earthquake an egg and the result is "nothing happens", the next Earthquakes on the same day will not change that result.

Also, nobody has done it before. Then again, knowing that TJ made GoNs as such for a special purpose, guess not >.<

I used EQ three times when I was playing (with eggs I didn't care about) - and I assure you the results changed. IIRC I even carried on for as long as it took to kill the lot.

@BlueLatios I think your memory isn't correct, sorry. I heard quite a few tales of getting all eggs killed with subsequent earthquakes - plus there's that "AP clearing" that used to happen...

Alright then, I'll ask TJ if there's a chance for it to happen when I summon a 3rd GoN. (Right now, it seems the chances of having a hatchling run to AP is near impossible, and summoning a GoN egg is already hard enough XD)

Thanks for the new knowledge, all! :)

I really don't get why you would want even to TRY this !

As of this time, killed Guardians of Nature cannot be replaced, permanently adding to the user's Guardian limit.

You want to take a chance of permanent loss ?

25 minutes ago, rubina96 said:

Sorry for my question, can a Guardian of Nature be released?

Yup, they can be released:

image.png.6f64ffd950bfd9af6fb846322294efb5.png

@rubina96 they can.
And also, iirc only killed adult GoNs pernanently adds to the user's limit? Or eggs/hatchlings as well?
@Fuzzbucket my initial plan is to have it released if its code is not what I want. However, it crossed my mind that Earthquake might have a chance to make the hatchling run to AP. This is influenced by my discovery that GoN eggs can be bitten, and turned to ND as well.

If you ND one it will still count as a GoN, AFAIK - which would mean you'd be forever limited to two....

Well, even NDs can be released to regain the spot, I guess. It's just such a waste.

17 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If you ND one it will still count as a GoN, AFAIK - which would mean you'd be forever limited to two....

A zombie will because it still remembers it's previous breed.  Vamps and ND's do not so should not trip the limit.  But I can't think why anyone would try either.  My first took a year and half, the other two were fairly quick in comparison, but seriously: Never Again.

People try because they can. And yeah, I think only zombie would count toward the limit.

I'm still on the GoN summoning grind. Nearly two years (if not at 2 years, I've lost track by now), still no GoN, 6 pairs atm. Not a fun grind...and this is just the first one.