almne

Marketplace Metallics/Rares

So I had actually dropped out of DC for a while when I realized there was no chance of me catching a CB metallic without using bots, or winning a prize lottery and trading a 2nd gen. Got pretty tired of it. But then the Market opened! And I finally saved up enough shards to get a CB gold on my scroll! I wanted to start a thread for those who have been frustrated like me and finally got a CB (at least lineage wise) metal or other rare through the Market.

Edited by almne

I finally got myself my first CB Gold from the market too! I totally get your frustration, I’ve seen some CB Golds come by in the cave over the years but I was never fast enough to grab one myself so I’m very pleased with the market option 😊😊

I'm about 40 shards away from being able to afford a gold. My first one I got in a trade, and I've still yet to see one in the cave so I'm happy I'll be able to grab one from the marketplace to have a pair.

I actuylly caught a CB Gold in my first month of playing in 2013. That gave me a totally wrong impression of how rare they really are  - I haven't been able to catch one since (I think I saw one at some point, but was too slow). As I love checkers, that was fairly frustrating, so when the Market opened, I started saving up and got my second CB Gold a week ago. :)

I joined in 2010, and got a CB Gold eventually.  Not long after they changed the sprites, I caught another one and because I liked the old sprites, I stupidly traded it.  Never thought that I had a breeding pair there.  I've finally got my CB Gold lady from the market last week!

I just bought a market CB Gold today, making it only my second one. My first? Well call me unlucky but it was from 2008! My next goal is to save up for silvers, as I own none of those as CB. 

Grabbed a gold finally, thanks to seeing this thread. She precogged correctly so that I can finally have a female CB gold, and now I have... nothing else in the store that appeals. :V Oh well.

The market is such a great thing to have! I don't think I've actually ever seen a CB Gold or a Silver in the biomes. I still need a lot of shards to buy a Silver, but even just having the possibility is a pleasant thought - I'll get there eventually. :)

I think Ive only ever seen 5ish golds in the cave, and Ive been playing since 2008 christmas time.

Got my gold in late Feb, glad I did as the prices went up not long after.