angelicdragonpuppy

Undead BSA: Infect (zombie creation)

I've gotta disagree with them loosing their 'special' factor if they got easier to make. The 'special' factor for Neglected's hasn't dropped since people figured out how to turn eggs, the 'special' factor of prizes hasn't dropped despite anything past 3rd gen being fairly easy to get now, the 'special' factor of CB holidays hasn't vanished despite people now having the opportunity to catch CB's each year in the holiday biome. Zombies won't suddenly become worthless because they are more attainable, and frankly I'll still love my undead dragons just as much as I do now even if I could whip up a bunch easier.
Zombies are already 'special' in that they can't be traded, can't be bred, and can't be acquired without you killing dragons for it. Giving zombies the ability to make more by biting would INCREASE their appeal imo. They go from 'god I'm going to have to smother another three sets of hatchlings just to get this last dang variant' to 'oh boy, one of my zombies is ready to bite again! I'm going to find the perfect candidate!'

And going 'oh it's easy now because we just have to bite on the 31st!' is a cop out. That's 7 chances A YEAR, in which you need to be reviving at night, for a slightly increased chance. God forbid you have a job, or live in an awkward timezone and struggle to get online in those hours. And if you weren't able to plan out 3 weeks in advance to have a scroll full of dead hatchlings and 10 dead adults, then congrats! You get 5 chances. Enjoy getting mad when they all disintegrate, and you have to wait for the next 31st.

2 hours ago, Haloclimb said:

I've gotta disagree with them loosing their 'special' factor if they got easier to make. The 'special' factor for Neglected's hasn't dropped since people figured out how to turn eggs, the 'special' factor of prizes hasn't dropped despite anything past 3rd gen being fairly easy to get now, the 'special' factor of CB holidays hasn't vanished despite people now having the opportunity to catch CB's each year in the holiday biome. Zombies won't suddenly become worthless because they are more attainable, and frankly I'll still love my undead dragons just as much as I do now even if I could whip up a bunch easier.

There's very little to compare to Zombies with here.  1) While it might be known how to make Neglecteds, it's not an easy thing to do and for the average member, attempts still usually end up with failures. 2) True, third gen. and above are fairly common, but a real prize from the raffle is in a class of its own.  Also, the gold prizes seem to be more sought after than the others because they are the most rare as well as the most beautiful.  3) Holidays, except for a year or two back for breeding purposes, are not very special at all since everyone can get two of each.  It used to be great to find a Holly egg of any generation at all; now it means nothing.

I don't believe that Zombies would ever become worthless, but their rarity gives them an innate value that would be diminished if they were to become easy to obtain.

7 hours ago, Haloclimb said:

Zombies are already 'special' in that they can't be traded, can't be bred, and can't be acquired without you killing dragons for it. Giving zombies the ability to make more by biting would INCREASE their appeal imo. They go from 'god I'm going to have to smother another three sets of hatchlings just to get this last dang variant' to 'oh boy, one of my zombies is ready to bite again! I'm going to find the perfect candidate!'

And going 'oh it's easy now because we just have to bite on the 31st!' is a cop out. That's 7 chances A YEAR, in which you need to be reviving at night, for a slightly increased chance. God forbid you have a job, or live in an awkward timezone and struggle to get online in those hours. And if you weren't able to plan out 3 weeks in advance to have a scroll full of dead hatchlings and 10 dead adults, then congrats! You get 5 chances. Enjoy getting mad when they all disintegrate, and you have to wait for the next 31st.

I have to agree here - though we CAN try any day of the year, Haloclimb - just the chance is highest on 31sts. But also anyone who chooses to think of xyz as "special" CHOOSES to think that way; It's not as if zombies can even be traded. And as one who is back to having a cursed scroll,  I just got 7/7 disintegrated so I don't think the current mechanic is OK. At least with neglecteds you have SOME degree of control; the zombie thing is random.

I would prefer the turn rates to be changed - but otherwise I think I have come round to supporting this, given that there are SO MANY sprites to collect.

5 hours ago, Stormcaller said:

There's very little to compare to Zombies with here.  1) While it might be known how to make Neglecteds, it's not an easy thing to do and for the average member, attempts still usually end up with failures. 2) True, third gen. and above are fairly common, but a real prize from the raffle is in a class of its own.  Also, the gold prizes seem to be more sought after than the others because they are the most rare as well as the most beautiful.  3) Holidays, except for a year or two back for breeding purposes, are not very special at all since everyone can get two of each.  It used to be great to find a Holly egg of any generation at all; now it means nothing.

I don't believe that Zombies would ever become worthless, but their rarity gives them an innate value that would be diminished if they were to become easy to obtain.

Haven't bothered with negelecteds myself, so I'll leave that argument alone.  Prizes, "real prize is a class of it's own" well yes, because it's the only way they can be obtained, but I would also say the value has dropped dramatically.  I've never hidden mine and rarely have people ask about it and sometimes I can't even give eggs away. Gold prizes are more sought after because they are rarer thus to most equals more value.  Where in, I would argue the silvers are the most beautiful because they are different.  Bronze and gold are only a few shades different from each other.  For holidays, come visit on Halloween and say that: So Many People wanting MARROWS!! (including me).  I guarantee if their wasn't  limit people would still want older Christmas/v-days too.

And Zombies are not tradeable and probably never will be, so the thought of Zombies being "valuable" is really silly to me. Maybe it's because to me "value" translates to "how good it is for trading stuff", but still. So what if obtaining them becomes easier? They're not going to lose their specialness because you still have to kill a dragon to get one. You can't trade them so they can't dominate the trading market. All it does is make it feasible to obtain all the unique Zombie sprites, and that's it.

I don't care how it's done, I just want it made easier to collect all the different zombie sprites! I just got five disintegrations. 🤬