Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
angelicdragonpuppy

Undead BSA: Infect (zombie creation)

Recommended Posts

Name: Infect

Effect: Gives an Undead dragon a chance to convert another dragon into an Undead

Text:

- Attempts to infect another dragon with the undead curse, potentially creating a new Undead dragon

> When clicked, you're brought to a list of all your dragons (similar to fertility) and choose one to try to infect.

- [Name] waits for [target's name] to wander too close to its dwelling, then lunges out in attack! 

>Success: Successfully landing a lethal bite, [name] shuffles back and awaits the outcome. [Target's name] collapses... and rises again soon after as an Undead!

>Failure: Successfully landing a lethal bite, [name] shuffles back and awaits the outcome. [Target's name] collapses... time passes, but they do not rise again.

>Miss: [Target's name] avoids the strike in the nick of time and escapes. [Name] would almost seem frustrated, if only it was capable of feeling anything at this point.

Mechanics: 50% chance of success, 40% chance of killing, 10% chance of missing

Cooldown: 31 days

 

This is intended as an alternative / companion piece to raising the chance of normal undead conversion rates, linked here.

Success/fail/miss rates can be toggled as desired. That being said I don't think the success rate should be lower than 25% minimum; this is intended to be a help on top of the current abysmal turn rates, not another pointless endeavor. 

Undead descriptions don't specifically say anything about spreading the curse by bite, but I thought this played well enough with normal zombie lore while nodding to the fact that here, they're made with dark magic. I don't think it's too big of a stretch to be unreasonable.

 

 

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Share this post


Link to post

I'd like anything to help boost the utterly awful rates, but this BSA should probably only be available when Zombies are visible. I'd be happy for the chances to be more along the lines of a coinflip rather than a crapshoot.

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, FlyingDragona said:

I'd like anything to help boost the utterly awful rates, but this BSA should probably only be available when Zombies are visible. I'd be happy for the chances to be more along the lines of a coinflip rather than a crapshoot.

 

Yeah I can agree with this. Seems reasonable to me!

 

I'm ALL FOR increasing Zombie chances. Like it's been said before - there are so many beautiful sprites that we barely have a chance of collecting, so I'd love any opportunity to get more :3 But with a proposed 50% chance success, that's really dang good, so I feel like there should be some drawback, like only having this available when Undeads are visible. Plus that just makes sense - how would a gravestone bite something!

 

I think this would be a super awesome alternative.

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly, while I am TOTALLY interested in better zombie-making chances, I really don't want to see their entire creation changed so drastically. It'd be like suddenly being able to breed a GoN. Zombies have a very specific, unique creation process, the only breed in the entire game that has this specific process. You have to use your own magic to make a zombie. Allowing zombies to suddenly make more zombies would completely change the whole mechanic, and turn them into just another type of Vampire-being. I'd much much rather the current mechanic simply have better odds.

Share this post


Link to post

It should only be applied to dead dragons (those that died within the past 2 weeks, as usual), not to living dragons.

Basically, the infection could "influence" the revival process in a certain direction, adding a few percent points to the regular zombifying chance (like fertility raises the chances at getting an egg without guaranteeing it).

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

It should only be applied to dead dragons (those that died within the past 2 weeks, as usual), not to living dragons.

Basically, the infection could "influence" the revival process in a certain direction, adding a few percent points to the regular zombifying chance (like fertility raises the chances at getting an egg without guaranteeing it).

 

Ooh, also a really good point. I quite support this too 😄

Share this post


Link to post

I support this completely, and also agree the success rate shouldn't be lower than 25%. Fantastic BSA idea!

Share this post


Link to post

One thing to remember is that zombies are scroll locked. So yes, it would change the mechanic and make things easier down the line, but it's very much a progressive thing. You still have to make the first yourself, and even then things will probably be difficult until you build up your numbers, giving you more incentive to make them the "old school" way.

 

Perhaps there could also be an "infected by" link similar to vampires, so people who want "clean" zombies would go about it the normal way.

Share this post


Link to post

I wouldn't mind this. Even with hardcore rules, lower chances, it could still be helpful. Easier to remember, at least, for some of us. And we still have to put in the usual amount of death effort & timing into getting that first zombie.

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly, I'd be happy with anything that increases chances at this point. I'd love to be able to get more than one or two zombies a year, even when I'm killing a whole dang cave's worth of dragons to get those one or two.

Share this post


Link to post

Oooo I support this. It'd be amazing to have multiple shots (potentially) at creating one dragon into a zombie, like a special code. Instead of it killed and gone forever, you can try every month. That is, if you could try with a member of the living. I'd definitely want it that way. I also agree about it being a really low success rate. 

 

Excellent idea! Definitely support. ^^

Edited by catzrule1990

Share this post


Link to post

I would absolutely love to have anything that helps us get some more zombies, especially since we got the sprite updates. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm all good with this, and the cool down as well as the rates, but mainly because zombies have in every movie I've ever seen them in, been able to make more zombies by biting/eating the living. So really why can't a dragon zombie do the same? Even if it was an experiment gone wrong we specify them as a zombie and not some monster like Frankenstein who could not create another of himself. XD

Share this post


Link to post
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.