angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Undead BSA: Infect (zombie creation)

Name: Infect

Effect: Gives an Undead dragon a chance to convert another dragon into an Undead

Text:

- Attempts to infect another dragon with the undead curse, potentially creating a new Undead dragon

> When clicked, you're brought to a list of all your dragons (similar to fertility) and choose one to try to infect.

- [Name] waits for [target's name] to wander too close to its dwelling, then lunges out in attack! 

>Success: Successfully landing a lethal bite, [name] shuffles back and awaits the outcome. [Target's name] collapses... and rises again soon after as an Undead!

>Failure: Successfully landing a lethal bite, [name] shuffles back and awaits the outcome. [Target's name] collapses... time passes, but they do not rise again.

>Miss: [Target's name] avoids the strike in the nick of time and escapes. [Name] would almost seem frustrated, if only it was capable of feeling anything at this point.

Mechanics: 50% chance of success, 40% chance of killing, 10% chance of missing

Cooldown: 31 days

This is intended as an alternative / companion piece to raising the chance of normal undead conversion rates, linked here.

Success/fail/miss rates can be toggled as desired. That being said I don't think the success rate should be lower than 25% minimum; this is intended to be a help on top of the current abysmal turn rates, not another pointless endeavor. 

Undead descriptions don't specifically say anything about spreading the curse by bite, but I thought this played well enough with normal zombie lore while nodding to the fact that here, they're made with dark magic. I don't think it's too big of a stretch to be unreasonable.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I'd like anything to help boost the utterly awful rates, but this BSA should probably only be available when Zombies are visible. I'd be happy for the chances to be more along the lines of a coinflip rather than a crapshoot.

18 minutes ago, FlyingDragona said:

I'd like anything to help boost the utterly awful rates, but this BSA should probably only be available when Zombies are visible. I'd be happy for the chances to be more along the lines of a coinflip rather than a crapshoot.

Yeah I can agree with this. Seems reasonable to me!

I'm ALL FOR increasing Zombie chances. Like it's been said before - there are so many beautiful sprites that we barely have a chance of collecting, so I'd love any opportunity to get more :3 But with a proposed 50% chance success, that's really dang good, so I feel like there should be some drawback, like only having this available when Undeads are visible. Plus that just makes sense - how would a gravestone bite something!

I think this would be a super awesome alternative.

Honestly, while I am TOTALLY interested in better zombie-making chances, I really don't want to see their entire creation changed so drastically. It'd be like suddenly being able to breed a GoN. Zombies have a very specific, unique creation process, the only breed in the entire game that has this specific process. You have to use your own magic to make a zombie. Allowing zombies to suddenly make more zombies would completely change the whole mechanic, and turn them into just another type of Vampire-being. I'd much much rather the current mechanic simply have better odds.

It should only be applied to dead dragons (those that died within the past 2 weeks, as usual), not to living dragons.

Basically, the infection could "influence" the revival process in a certain direction, adding a few percent points to the regular zombifying chance (like fertility raises the chances at getting an egg without guaranteeing it).

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

It should only be applied to dead dragons (those that died within the past 2 weeks, as usual), not to living dragons.

Basically, the infection could "influence" the revival process in a certain direction, adding a few percent points to the regular zombifying chance (like fertility raises the chances at getting an egg without guaranteeing it).

Ooh, also a really good point. I quite support this too 😄

I support this completely, and also agree the success rate shouldn't be lower than 25%. Fantastic BSA idea!

One thing to remember is that zombies are scroll locked. So yes, it would change the mechanic and make things easier down the line, but it's very much a progressive thing. You still have to make the first yourself, and even then things will probably be difficult until you build up your numbers, giving you more incentive to make them the "old school" way.

Perhaps there could also be an "infected by" link similar to vampires, so people who want "clean" zombies would go about it the normal way.

I wouldn't mind this. Even with hardcore rules, lower chances, it could still be helpful. Easier to remember, at least, for some of us. And we still have to put in the usual amount of death effort & timing into getting that first zombie.

Honestly, I'd be happy with anything that increases chances at this point. I'd love to be able to get more than one or two zombies a year, even when I'm killing a whole dang cave's worth of dragons to get those one or two.

Oooo I support this. It'd be amazing to have multiple shots (potentially) at creating one dragon into a zombie, like a special code. Instead of it killed and gone forever, you can try every month. That is, if you could try with a member of the living. I'd definitely want it that way. I also agree about it being a really low success rate. 

Excellent idea! Definitely support. ^^

Edited by catzrule1990

I would absolutely love to have anything that helps us get some more zombies, especially since we got the sprite updates. 

I'm all good with this, and the cool down as well as the rates, but mainly because zombies have in every movie I've ever seen them in, been able to make more zombies by biting/eating the living. So really why can't a dragon zombie do the same? Even if it was an experiment gone wrong we specify them as a zombie and not some monster like Frankenstein who could not create another of himself. XD

Even if the chance doesn't get increased, it's an improvement because you can go beyond your kill limit. Still, hearing how awfully hard it is to create zombies, I fully support this. (Despite not collecting them in the first place.)

I like this idea! and it makes perfect sense given that is a thing that zombies do in pop culture. 

Even though I don't have any zombies and I don't care much for them, I support this. Truth to be told, this BSA could convince me to change my mind about collecting undeads :)

Yes please spread the Z Viruses it makes so much more sense than increased chance on Halloween

I like this method because it requires you to still get at least one Zombie on your own. And for the first while, it'll be faster to still use the traditional way (along with using the Infect BSA). Cooldown time is appropriate and mirrors the peak chance windows for normally turning a dragon into a zombie. I can't see any reason not to!

Yes I am all in for this. I'd love to collect more the sprites that seem to be completely out of reach due to the god awful turn rates.

WB