Princess Kiara

Any Sindarin or Quenya speakers?

Mae l'ovannen! Any Sindarin or Quenya speakers here, willing to chat/share experiences/best ways to learn and hear it spoken?

Mae govannen! I don't speak Sindarin or Quenya, but I would love to learn it. I wish that Sindarin and/or Quenya would be available in Duolingo, just like Klingon and Valyrian. However, I understand that the company may need permission from the Tolkien Estate first. Anyway, I chanced upon https://www.elfdict.com/ this year and it seems like a very good resource for learning. 

Nau, jhal Usstan telanthus Ilythiirra foldraevals, mzil drasven zhahn. (No, but I spoke Drowish sometimes, many years past.)

Old D&D veteran here (as in, playing since the 70s old) and for a while in the late 90s, early 2000s, several of us had a Drow House going online, originally at TSROnline. Met a few of the House in person as well, we even had House rings and stuff. Fun times. We used the Chosen of Eilistraee site for the language - there's both a Common to Drow dictionary and a Drow to Common, plus a bit of a grammar guide and a quick translator. (Quick note, I just realized that an image on portions of the linked site is NOT work-safe. I set the link for the Common to Drow page, which is okay, but you don't want to go exploring the site at work.)

I still cuss in Drow sometimes, when I'm beyond irritated but don't want to drop actual f-bombs around kids. 😉

I've been interested in learning Sindarin for years now. But as is the nature of humanity, I keep getting involved with other things which take my concentration, and my intention to learn it is forgotten for several months before it reappears again.