Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charyre

Hi, I'm Charyre!

Hello, everyone!  I'm Charyre (not my real name, obviously; Charyre is one my OC's).  I'm pretty new to Dragon Cave, but I'm already loving it!  I've been trying to collect all the breeds, and it's going pretty well so far.  My favorite dragons at the moment are my Terrae and my Black Capped Teimarr.  In fact, I like the Teimarr so much that I deliberately picked up two more Teimarr eggs even though I'm otherwise avoiding having multiple dragons of the same type.  So far, I only have a couple of questions: One, is there an inbreeding block?  (For example, can you breed siblings to each other, or parents to their offspring?)  And two, why exactly do lineages matter (and what is a "good" lineage)?

Hello and welcome! There is no inbreeding block, you're welcome to inbreed your dragons if you want. I have several inbred dragons and love them. There is no such thing as a "good" lineage, it's all based on what you like. I like even-gens and inbreds, but am not too fond of stairsteps (though I'll still collect them). I also have no problem with messy lineages. Lineages matter only based on what you like. ;) 

Welcome to DC! Enjoy!

Well, one of my very first favorites is Black.

You can make lineage whatever you want. I like non-inbred evengens so most of lineages in my scroll are those. And most of those don't have any pattern other than that so those are not compatible for trade tho. =P

Hi, purpledragonclaw and sh20000sh!  Thanks for the welcome.  :)  

I'm a little uncomfortable with really close inbreeding, so I think I'll get at least two pairs of each kind so that I only have to use cousin matings.  And I guess I'll figure out what sort of lineages I like as I go.  Oh, and one more question: What does "CB" mean?  I see a lot of trades where people say they have, or want, "CB" dragons.