RealWilliamShakespeare

ANSWERED:Forum: Bring back Post/Reply Previews

This might just be something that bothers me, but since the "new" forum software update, I've been really sad that we can no longer preview what our posts and replies will look like before posting.

A lot of times, I've posted a post or reply only to find that there's a funky formatting issue, or that when actually posted, fonts, text, image positioning, etc., look a lot different from how they look in the creating and editing text box. The old function of previewing posts allowed you to see how it would look when posted without it actually being made public, allowing you to assess what looked weird/wrong before everyone else had to see it too. While I know that you can just edit the post straight away, it's not nearly as nice considering everyone has to keep seeing your mistakes, and it's a lot harder to assess what exactly the issue is.

I don't know if it's a feature that the new forum software supports, but I would really like it back!

Sincerely, someone who has made way too many formatting mistakes and been embarrassed that everyone has to see it before I can make the change.

It's here in the desktop version:

bar.PNG.bc4e6dd39367f929e0601566d0ddb03d.PNG

Is it not there in the mobile version?

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

Whelp, I just learned something new, because I didn't know we could still do that either.  XD

Same! I feel like it should be bigger.

Thank you @SkyWolf25!

I must admit that I found that button rather recently when accidentally resting my mouse pointer on it. XD So, yes, I did know. Still, it could be a little more obvious IMHO.

Yeah, it really doesn't strike me as a preview icon, more of a "magnify" or "inspect" icon I guess. Then again it's my fault for not properly looking through the toolbar - I just expected it to be next to the big submit/post button like the old one was.

As such, this can probably be closed seeing as it is actually there lol x)