Library_gremlin

Tiny Accomplishments

I took all the trash out of my car, vacuumed it, and hand washed the exterior yesterday.

It was well overdue

@wonton55912 For a moment I was wondering why you would vacuum the trash... :D

- - -

Maybe don't read the following "tiny accomplishment" if you have super bad arachnophobia.

Spoiler

I just had to remove what I think was the biggest spider I've ever seen in real life from my house. I saw what looked like a bunch of dead legs or possibly plant parts in the door frame, tried to get it out with a broom, then it ****ing  MOVED, unfolded itself into a monster spider, and came inside. So, two options: 1. panic, or 2. get some big container and piece of cardboard to catch it. After some consideration I decided to try option 2.

Good news is I did it and carried it to the other side of the road. (Which is why I'm posting this here.)

Bad news is spiders like this exist, and they exist here, and they want to come into my house.

I got used (almost) to the daddy longlegs that are in here all the time. But this was, like, a serious spider. Three-dimensional legs. A professionally scary nope-nope-nope spider.

Now I have to talk about it on all the forums and social media because otherwise my head will explode. Thank you for reading.

Edit:

It was identified as a "common European house spider". I do not like the word "common" in that name. Could this please be a very rare creature?

Unfortunately Wikipedia doesn't tell me what animal I need to adopt that would eat these. A very big bird? A bear? A dinosaur?

Edited by Confused Cat

@Confused Cat I have so many bugs in my apartment that I'd actually like a bunch of spiders here... I don't have any idea where these all are coming from! My mom even says this place is a real zoo as you discover new breeds of insects every time you visit here. But maybe that is because there are no spiders to hunt them? One of my cats loves her raw snacks, though, but the other one seems to hate bugs, and anyway, they're so tiny that often they can escape. 🐈

Speaking of cats, I finally got myself to book a vet appointment for Merri. He's been scratching his ears for weeks now, and I feel so bad for not having done this earlier. It's just so hard to find money for everything despite the support I get from my parents. That's a terrible excuse but it has been a crazy summer; I needed to take them both to dentist, and in addition, Merri fell of the cupboard and hurted a leg. I've also had health problems myself and I've had to pay over 100 euros for my own public healthcare visits. I'm still so relieved we will see a vet on Monday now and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll be able to pay that bill.

Cleaned out most of my inbox, so I'm down to own page and one message again :)

Posted (edited)

I drew something that's not a Christmas or birthday card or something like that for the first time in... years, I think. 😸 When I was at school I used to draw a lot, just for the joy of drawing, but I kind of forgot how much I enjoyed it.

Edited by Varislapsi

On 9/14/2020 at 11:48 AM, Confused Cat said:

Maybe don't read the following "tiny accomplishment" if you have super bad arachnophobia.

Hide contents

It was identified as a "common European house spider". I do not like the word "common" in that name. Could this please be a very rare creature?

Unfortunately Wikipedia doesn't tell me what animal I need to adopt that would eat these. A very big bird? A bear? A dinosaur?

I have arachnophobia, but it's mild enough for me to have googled the name. YIKES. BIG. YIKES. I pray for your safety and urge you to adopt a t-rex to stomp this thing to death immediately.