Library_gremlin

Tiny Accomplishments

I took all the trash out of my car, vacuumed it, and hand washed the exterior yesterday.

It was well overdue

@wonton55912 For a moment I was wondering why you would vacuum the trash... :D

- - -

Maybe don't read the following "tiny accomplishment" if you have super bad arachnophobia.

Spoiler

I just had to remove what I think was the biggest spider I've ever seen in real life from my house. I saw what looked like a bunch of dead legs or possibly plant parts in the door frame, tried to get it out with a broom, then it ****ing  MOVED, unfolded itself into a monster spider, and came inside. So, two options: 1. panic, or 2. get some big container and piece of cardboard to catch it. After some consideration I decided to try option 2.

Good news is I did it and carried it to the other side of the road. (Which is why I'm posting this here.)

Bad news is spiders like this exist, and they exist here, and they want to come into my house.

I got used (almost) to the daddy longlegs that are in here all the time. But this was, like, a serious spider. Three-dimensional legs. A professionally scary nope-nope-nope spider.

Now I have to talk about it on all the forums and social media because otherwise my head will explode. Thank you for reading.

Edit:

It was identified as a "common European house spider". I do not like the word "common" in that name. Could this please be a very rare creature?

Unfortunately Wikipedia doesn't tell me what animal I need to adopt that would eat these. A very big bird? A bear? A dinosaur?

Edited by Confused Cat

@Confused Cat I have so many bugs in my apartment that I'd actually like a bunch of spiders here... I don't have any idea where these all are coming from! My mom even says this place is a real zoo as you discover new breeds of insects every time you visit here. But maybe that is because there are no spiders to hunt them? One of my cats loves her raw snacks, though, but the other one seems to hate bugs, and anyway, they're so tiny that often they can escape. 🐈

Speaking of cats, I finally got myself to book a vet appointment for Merri. He's been scratching his ears for weeks now, and I feel so bad for not having done this earlier. It's just so hard to find money for everything despite the support I get from my parents. That's a terrible excuse but it has been a crazy summer; I needed to take them both to dentist, and in addition, Merri fell of the cupboard and hurted a leg. I've also had health problems myself and I've had to pay over 100 euros for my own public healthcare visits. I'm still so relieved we will see a vet on Monday now and I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll be able to pay that bill.

Cleaned out most of my inbox, so I'm down to own page and one message again :)

I drew something that's not a Christmas or birthday card or something like that for the first time in... years, I think. 😸 When I was at school I used to draw a lot, just for the joy of drawing, but I kind of forgot how much I enjoyed it.

Edited by Varislapsi

On 9/14/2020 at 11:48 AM, Confused Cat said:

Maybe don't read the following "tiny accomplishment" if you have super bad arachnophobia.

Hide contents

It was identified as a "common European house spider". I do not like the word "common" in that name. Could this please be a very rare creature?

Unfortunately Wikipedia doesn't tell me what animal I need to adopt that would eat these. A very big bird? A bear? A dinosaur?

I have arachnophobia, but it's mild enough for me to have googled the name. YIKES. BIG. YIKES. I pray for your safety and urge you to adopt a t-rex to stomp this thing to death immediately.

Have been feeling pretty overwhelmed and anxious with upcoming deadlines (Master's Thesis due in one month... yikes) but today I cleaned my apartment and now it smells of lavender. 

I am reminded of one of my favorite comic boards: 32d3a9184b4505f69605c89ed0910d7b.jpg.2c8aba82cf6658f71d902c32fe31c943.jpg

Edited by EarlGreyGlitch

my mental problems have been very bad today. but i got homework done, and now i'm back to speed and no longer lagging behind :) yay !

i was perusing the eggs i sent to the ap, and discovered that someone adopted two from my pairs and bred them! my dragons are all four grandparents, clearly just adopted and bred together by chance, and that just made me very happy for some reason, thank you mystery adopter and im so glad to see what people do with my dragons’ offspring!

Edited by thamnophis

(un)dusting my room. Been a while since I thought that I should do it without actually doing it. Feel nicer.

I've been a bit poorly since late autumn, so I decided to take just three uni courses for this spring (half of what's recommended). If I'm honest, I've been worried if I'll manage to finish even those. But this afternoon I got an email from one prof, he wanted to know if he could use some of my responses on the take-home exam as examples later because they were written so well. After that, my Italian prof sent us the results of last week's exam and it seems that I got the highest points of all students on that course (we were not many, though 😹). I still have to figure out what I'm going to do with that third course, but the teacher said that I can have as much extra time as I need to finish the assignments. I also just signed up for the Advanced Studies Seminar for next year, to start writing my Master's Thesis. Yikes! Now I'm feeling quite exhausted but happy, and I hope next autumn would already be totally normal health-wise and study-wise. 🌼

We got 7 Jeep-loads of stuff down to the storage unit, with 3 more trips planned for tomorrow.

I am so behind on everything. We were supposed to bring the stuff there today and then finish painting my son's room, but instead I will be curling up on the couch with my dog tonight.

Had a small to-do list that took a good week to actually do, but I have taken out the trash twice, washed/dried/put away dishes twice, made grocery list, and made the dreaded anxiety-inducing phone calls, all in the past week. Given how much I'm struggling to just exist right now, I'm fairly pleased with all that. (Still need to fill the water jugs though...)

I finally finished weeding the round pen so I can exercise my horse. I probably spent over 5 hours doing it, and I finished it all by myself with no help 

It has been almost a month since my mother passed.

Still trying to declutter the house while working full-time with little help from the family (as far as taking things away). My nieces took some of the art supplies and my BIL took most of the family pictures.

They help with lawn work, etc, but I need the things that they want to keep removed from the house.

Got rid of most of the kitchen clutter, as well as painted and decluttered 2 of the 3 bedrooms. The kitchen had 3 cabinets in it that needed to go. 2 are downstairs; the 3rd is a hoosier that is too heavy for me to move, but is almost empty. I want to put a small table back into the kitchen. Dog is blind so I need to be careful with the traffic patterns in the house staying close to the same.

I have 2 big bags of food to bring down to community services and 1 big bag of clothing. I will have another bag of clothing and my son will as well. We brought a bunch down a few days ago.

On 5/30/2022 at 3:57 PM, PrincessLucy said:

It has been almost a month since my mother passed.

*hugs* Remember to take time for yourself, too, while you're dealing with her things.

On 5/10/2022 at 1:53 PM, Varislapsi said:

use some of my responses on the take-home exam as examples later because they were written so well. After that, my Italian prof sent us the results of last week's exam and it seems that I got the highest points of all students on that course

Well done! :)

I finally sat down and mapped out my volunteer schedule for the next three months (now to start shifting people around to fill in gaps).

@Lagie Thanks a lot!

And I managed to complete my last essay a week ago and just received feedback from the prof. He gave me the highest grade for that course! I honestly wasn't expecting that... he wrote that even though I was mostly just giving a summary of what has been written on the subject (of which I was very much aware), my sources were excellent and plentiful and I had done careful work reflecting on them.

Also received an email from my Seminar teacher, he asked us to write him something about our plans for the autumn and, most of all, for our theses. I sent my brief reply already last week, telling that I'd try to give it more thought towards the end of the summer, after a little summer break. He still hasn't replied back so I guess I'm done for the academic year now. 😸

Ive been using social media less and less, which Im pretty proud of, considering how much time I used to spend on it. Im really behind on most things I need to do atm, but were off to a good start already!

I had a birthday today!  :D  I can hardly believe that I made it all the way to 78 years old.  🥳

1 hour ago, Stormcaller said:

I had a birthday today!  :D  I can hardly believe that I made it all the way to 78 years old.  🥳

happy birthday! 🧁

one of my clients loved her hair so much that she praised me in front of the salon owner, it was great because my boss is never 100% satisfied with anything I do