Library_gremlin

Tiny Accomplishments

On 1/10/2020 at 1:41 PM, hedy said:

I’ve succesfully finished a week of the 30 days of yoga challenge! 

Good job!! I'm proud of you! :D 

I'm on day 2 of the week and I've been to the gym both days. Last week, I went four out of the 7. xP 

I got out of bed, made the bed, had breakfast, took my pills. I was extremely depressed today. My wife asked me to clean and I didn't and I feel bad. I feel like she asks me for so little and I still can't do it. But at least I did a little bit, which is better than nothing. :)

I suffer from depression and I also worked with psych patients.  Depression is so very hard.

I managed to get my grocery shopping done today!

*raises hand* Another depression sufferer, struggling to deal with all this chaos right now. I took my dog for a walk this evening! I've been so bad about that lately. I also did 4 of the 5 things on my 'weekend' to-do list (weekend as in 'non-work days', so Friday through today). One of the big ones was giving my dog a bath, as well as brushing him (shedding season!). 

I cooked, and prepped my mother's food for the next couple of days. Everything needed to be blended, as she has no bottom teeth, and complains about the dentures not fitting. Trying to keep her from losing weight. 

I weeded a tiny section of the garden.

Before I lived here somebody planted spearmint. It has overgrown everything and left last year's dead stems all over the garden. Previous years I have been like "Ugh what's even the point? The mint is just going to come back anyway." But this year I have at least STARTED to get rid of the dead stems.

I love spearmint in the early summer when it blooms and my whole garden is a sea of beautiful green leaves and purple flowers and the scent of mint... But every other time of year it is a PAIN IN THE BUTT

(2nd small achievement: remembering that there's no swearing here and saying 'butt' instead of the word I normally use) 

Depression is terrible and I wish you all the best in getting out of it. 💕

I completed my math homework on time. Been hard to keep discipline while I'm stuck at home.

On 4/8/2020 at 6:34 PM, subwoofer said:

I completed my math homework on time. Been hard to keep discipline while I'm stuck at home.

Well done!!

It may not be a 'paid' job, but super excited to have gotten a position as a twitch moderator. It's giving me a schedule again, and some work to do. Feels nice with all this sitting at home.

It’s certainly been difficult to remain motivated lately and I still have a little bit of homework to do by the end of the week. But I managed to get my Leetle Tree today which I’m very happy about. ♥ It’s the little things I guess.

Over the last year, I lost around 11 kg. This means I'm only overweight and not obese any more (BMI < 30, even if only). :) 

My secret? I almost gave up on chocolate. (Okay, so I was gifted a lot of that stuff over the Easter holiday, but once that's all gone, I'm going back to not buying it. I can't eat what I don't have.)

Finished all of my course work last night, a whole day before it was due, including an assignment I really didn't want to do, so now I'm free to do whatever I want today. :D 

I'm getting very good at targeting zombies from far off in 7 Days To Die with the hunting rifle. Especially head shots! And my aim usually sucks!

I did laundry today! This is a project, as the "laundry facility" in this apartment complex is not only about 1/3 the capacity needed (which means sometimes you get there and can't do the laundry anyway, because all the machines are in use), it's also not in the same building as I am. It's probably a couple hundred yards, maybe more, which might not seem like much, but there's a bunch of stairs involved because this complex is built on a fairly steep hillside. Like, I'm on the ground floor on one side of the building, and my upstairs neighbors are on the ground floor on the other side steep.

Very glad to be moving soon, even if it is gonna be a bigger pain than usual thanks to Miss Rona. We're making a point of looking at places that have washer/dryer in unit, or at least have hookups so we can get our own.

I painted the laundry room! We are considering moving and selling the house, depending on how the market goes... the real estate lady says if we "re open" prices will probably spike a while. If it does we'll sell, and move... so in the meantime, painting!

I built up the courage to get on the phone with my advisor and sign up for fall classes. :) 

^ Good for you! I still can't talk to strangers on the phone; too stressful.

I went inside a supermarket for the first time in about a week. Had to bribe myself with Starbucks to do it.

I actually took my migraine PRN medications when I was supposed to instead of trying to "tough it out" (exactly what my neurologist tells me not to do but I do anyway) and only spent 1.5 hours in bed over it rather than 15-ish.

I finished my homework yesterday and went to bed earlier than usual. The workloads gonna get a lot tougher though, but I'm glad that I can at least complete my assignments right now

I joined Etsy and made my first purchase.

@Admiral_Craymen That's rather huge. ❤️

I got my bachelor's degree certificate in post today! I have the best grade in everything, including my bachelor's thesis.

I backed up all the music and videos on my computer onto a large thumbdrive. I have backups of everything else but I hadn't even realized I didn't have my 1k+ songs backed up, plus what feels like a bajillion videos I've collected over the years. 

I also sorted this month's money into the appropriate bill/budgeting envelopes. 

i've been slowly naming my unnamed dragons.  the other day i had 498 adults.  now i have 450 adults (technically 451, but one Script is remaining unnamed, because that's how she is in the story)