pinkgothic

ANSWERED:[FIXED] Dragon order on BSA pages

I was about to post this in Suggestions, but on reflection, it's really more of a bug, so:

When I'm on the screen to choose which eggs or hatchlings to put into a transfer or trade, the growing critters on my scroll are not in scroll order.

This bit me for the first time today because I'd forgotten I had recently picked up a CB ridgewing. A user asked me to breed a ridgewing, which I did. I left it sorted near the top of my scroll, went to teleport, picked the first ridgewing... aaaand yep, the transfer link I gave the user was to the CB ridgewing. Silly. The error's been rectified, of course, but this has cost me time before ("which of these was the male-influenced one again?", when my scroll order would tell me immediately, since I have a sorting rule for those).

Could the 'offering on a trade' and 'creating a trade/transfer' pages be fixed to use scroll sorting?

(Also: I could swear this was mentioned in a Suggestion topic once, but I didn't find it.)

This should also be fixed for influencing, stunning, biting, incubating, precognition, ward, expunge, and probably every other BSA I might have forgotten existed / to check that shows eggs and hatchlings from your scroll.

Thanks for reading! ❤️

Edit: And then just as I'm giving up on searching, I find it. Go figure:

From TJ09 in that thread:

On 4/26/2018 at 3:41 AM, TJ09 said:

Anywhere that dragons show up that's in an unclear order is probably more of a bug than an intentional choice, so feel free to report any and all of them.

...so I guess Help is the right place, whoo. XD

Edited by pinkgothic

Having this issue fixed would be very helpful for me since I get confused when using the BSA and having to adjust to a completely different sort than my normal scroll one. All the following BSAs use the wrong sorting order: 

• Precognition
  • Stun
  • Teleport
  • Influence
  • Incubate
  • Bite
  • Ward

I SOOOO agree with this. I am often mixed up when I use some BSAs and the order is not the scroll order. (I.E.) I want to influence eggs 1, 3, and 5 male and eggs 2, 4, and 6 female. If I don't keep a notebook on hand and make sure to note the codes, and am not VERY careful, I often make mistakes with such things.

I hope it's okay to put this here:

when you make a trade, the order of the dragons is sorted alphabetically by code instead of the way they are sorted on you scroll.

On 3/17/2019 at 12:45 PM, Cinspawn said:

I hope it's okay to put this here:

when you make a trade, the order of the dragons is sorted alphabetically by code instead of the way they are sorted on you scroll.

As far as I know none of the BSAs have been updated to scroll order yet (most of them have just been made to agree with each other for the time being), but yes, this is the place to mention these things. :D Thanks for the report.

Looks like the fix for this rolled in for me! (I checked Influence, Incubate, Teleport, Stun and Precognition.)

Thank you very much! ❤️❤️ This is super useful.

(That said, my girlfriend reports it's still on the old behaviour for her? But I hope she'll see the new behaviour soon, too, and I'm not worried about it. ^_^)

Even my teleport page is now in scroll order! Thank you so much @TJ09! I noticed last night that the other BSA pages were fixed, but the teleport was still alpha. I just went to send an egg to a friend and was pleasantly surprised. :)

Actually, when offering on someone else's trade, it's still sorted by code and NOT by scroll order.

On 3/29/2019 at 8:49 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

Actually, when offering on someone else's trade, it's still sorted by code and NOT by scroll order.

Looks like this was fixed - is it working for you now?

Edit: Sweet! That means this got fixed. Thanks, TJ! Mods, you can close this if you want~

Edited by pinkgothic