Shirubia

ANSWERED:Scroll only sorts by date

Usually my scroll is sorted by breed (with eggs and growing hatchlings at the top), but since yesterday it refuses to organize itself in any other way but by date (oldest first).

I have tried loging out and back, tried from another computer, changed pasword, cleared cache and attempted all the sorting orders, but nothing seems to work.

Is it a problem in the website, a bug or is my scroll cursed?

Edited by Shirubia
Tired and made some grammar mistakes

I was just digging into this, it's not just you. I can't show my eggs on the top of my scroll, either. I too cleared cache and no change.

But now DC seems to be down alltogether?

No, wait - I only get the An errotr has accopured meddage when I try to look at other groups of my cave. Have the same sorting problem, moreover.

Edited by Varnayrah

Same problem here 😧 I had a complicated custom sort and now I'm dreading that I have to sort my whole scroll again.

edit. Groups and breeding don't work either!

Edited by hedy

6 minutes ago, hedy said:

Same problem here 😧 I had a complicated custom sort and now I'm dreading that I have to sort my whole scroll again.

I have hope that won't be the case. I you go to your account page and enter the change scroll order page, you'll see your custom order. It just won't show on the scroll itself.

1 minute ago, Gluria said:

I have hope that won't be the case. I you go to your account page and enter the change scroll order page, you'll see your custom order. It just won't show on the scroll itself.

Ah, thank you, so it seems!

19 minutes ago, hedy said:

edit. Groups and breeding don't work either!

Same here, I would hate to recreate my sorting order........and i don´t even have a Custom sort order option any longer....

EDIT: To clearyfy: I saw that my scroll was a complete mess, so I went to my account settings, removced that tick for eggs and hatchis first, saved, went back to my scroll, saw now change, went back to my account settings, placed the tick on eggs and hatchis first, saved again and went back to my scroll.......NO change at all, when I went back to my Account settings again, I didn´t have a Custom Sort Order Function......

Edited by Chaser11

My scroll seems to be sort by date too, all of a sudden. I want my custom sort back. If I have to sort them back manually it would take ages. 😮

I have the same problem. When I wanted to move my dragons, I've noticed that there they are in the same order they always were, but when I'm looking at my scroll, it's just a mess ;_; 

EDIT:

When I see it from link https://dragcave.net/user/<nickname> then everything looks ok, but when I see it from my account, theeen it's messy and sort by date

Heres the link to screenshot:

LEFT from account, RIGHT from user-link

ECnXTMP.jpg

Edited by Tokusa

Same issue. My scroll was rainbow with new eggs and hatchlings at the top. Now it's sort by date or something. 

I tried logging in with a different browser and all was normal. Cleared the cache in Firefox and all is back tor normal. Might be worth a try for you too!

I tried clearing my cookies on IE and it's still the same issue. I also used Chrome on my phone and it's also not showing up correctly. 

ETA: Trying to go into my Secret Santa group shows an error message and a tomb stone. Someone please fix this issue. 

Edited by jewel21

Cleared the cache in FF but no use, still got the sort by date (at least I know now what my oldest dragons are).

Mine's fine in Opera, Pale Moon and Firefox.

SO FAR.

ETA all the scrolls of those posting look right from here. DEFINITELY not the oldest at the top.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Yes, everything looks normal when viewed by user link from outside, and in the Sort Order menu. It's only messed up when you're logged into your scroll and view your dragon overview.

8 hours ago, Gluria said:

Oh thank God! ;__________; / clings to her custom sort promise

I hope this gets resolved quickly, I have 8000+ dragons in a super specific custom sort and the very idea of redoing that is... a nightmare... beyond all imagining...

DC seems to be having a lot of basic function issues lately (tons of error pages, now this), I wondering if TJ is tinkering something? Or if something really essential in the code croaked?

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I hope this is resolved, it makes me want to cry. The default order is so ugly to the eye.

7 hours ago, Gluria said:

I tried logging in with a different browser and all was normal. Cleared the cache in Firefox and all is back tor normal. Might be worth a try for you too!

I have this issue with all browsers. Have cleared cache

I believe this issue is fixed. It should have only affected a small subset of people, and should not have impacted any stored scroll order, only forced the dropdown to a specific value.