pinkgothic

The Release History Of Dragon Cave Spiral

Welcome Tini as the new head of operations.  pinkgothic I completely understand your point of view and hope things go well for you.

Afraid I've been less then interested in the new release this time.  My scroll is death free.  No zombies, neglected, vampires, wanna be vampires (mimic pygmys), enraged aegis, exalted pitfires, earthquaked cantors or anything else.  And I'm not a fan of flaming hides or birds masquerading as dragons so it's been a very meh release for me this time.

And the darn drakes insist on always tossing sabertooth eggs.  Another one up for grabs if any want it. xTSLS  Sent on it's way to BringsTheSnow!

Edited by Dracaena

I've been scroll-locked with new eggs until now.

Just bred the Silver to my Water lady. What are the chances of this? :blink: Only when it is not what you want!

I shall keep it, since it is a Z'code.

If it had been a Water, who is next in line to get the egg?

I've been lurking and watching for a while...

I am looking to join this project but am unsure of how helpful I can be. I have been sporadically active on DC in the years 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018, and 2021. From my past periods of activity, I have a number of CB release day dragons so when you get up to that point I would love to help! (When I have more time I will check the Google Doc to see specifics of where my dragons fit it.)

Also, looking back through the names of the Drake line I noticed an error. The 5g pair has the names "Glaucus and Howler Drake" x "was the only Drake-only release". Now that there has been a second Drake-only release (June 2021), wouldn't it be more accurate to rename the female to "was the first Drake-only release"? 

8 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Just bred the Silver to my Water lady. What are the chances of this? :blink: Only when it is not what you want!

For the record, I'm laughing my butt off. XD

8 hours ago, purplehaze said:

If it had been a Water, who is next in line to get the egg?

I'm not Tini for canonical answers, but I believe it's @WhisperingWillows for pairing with this boy, or anyone else with

stone.png

a suitably ancient CB male Stone Dragon.

7 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

I am looking to join this project but am unsure of how helpful I can be.

Welcome! :D Even just helping out with releases as they happen with the hope of being around a couple of years from now is great, really. In the meantime any help you feel like giving to coordination is welcome (like I just did with the Stone dragon). Tini is the main coordinator, but if my experience as a project coordinator is any indication, other people pitching in from time to time is a huge life-saver. ❤️

7 hours ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Also, looking back through the names of the Drake line I noticed an error. The 5g pair has the names "Glaucus and Howler Drake" x "was the only Drake-only release". Now that there has been a second Drake-only release (June 2021), wouldn't it be more accurate to rename the female to "was the first Drake-only release"?

A nice case for the argument to always future-proof one's names! Thanks for the comment. :) What do you think, @Ruby Eyes?

On 8/28/2021 at 5:08 AM, Tini said:

I'll have two cb males and would love to take the gem and magi, but shouldn't they be mixed genders? Since it's non dimorphic?

Sent you the Magi. Fire Gem took me forever to catch because I'm scatter-brained, so it's still an egg.

Re: mixed genders, not if we do in fact breed these into the spiral, because then it'll look like this:

- Pyropellis (blue)        - Pyropellis (cyan)       - Pyropellis (purple)
            |                          |                         |
Pyropellis -|            - Pyropellis -|           - Pyropellis -|                   - ...
            |            |             |           |             |                   |
            - Brimstone -|             - Hellfire -|             - Fire Gem (green) -|
                         |                         |                                 |
                         - Brimstone               - Hellfire                        - Fire Gem (green)

Whether we do or not is a different question and your decision, ultimately.

Would anyone here want to have a CB female Water, CB female Hellfire or CB female Brimstone? I'd like to get rid of one of those three to someone with a male Pyropellis and I don't mind which it is.

Edited by pinkgothic

2 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

I'm not Tini for canonical answers, but I believe it's @WhisperingWillows for pairing with this boy, or anyone else with

stone.png

Welcome! :D Even just helping out with releases as they happen with the hope of being around a couple of years from now is great, really. In the meantime any help you feel like giving to coordination is welcome (like I just did with the Stone dragon). Tini is the main coordinator, but if my experience as a project coordinator is any indication, other people pitching in from time to time is a huge life-saver. ❤️

A nice case for the argument to always future-proof one's names! Thanks for the comment. :) What do you think, @Ruby Eyes?

Sent you the Magi. Fire Gem took me forever to catch because I'm scatter-brained, so it's still an egg.

Re: mixed genders, not if we do in fact breed these into the spiral, because then it'll look like this:

Pyropellis -|            - Pyropellis -|           - Pyropellis -|                   - ...

Would anyone here want to have a CB female Water, CB female Hellfire or CB female Brimstone? I'd like to get rid of one of those three to someone with a male Pyropellis and I don't mind which it is.

Do you mean eggs or adults?

Also, you'll be missed! 

6 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

stone.png

I promise I'll get a Proper taking up the reigns post done this week

Its nice to have the option if we do go this way, either way.

17 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Do you mean eggs or adults?

For the female CBs? They're on my scroll as hatchlings (except the fire gem, which I'm still in the process of hatching).

Edit: Stunned so they don't grow up.

Edited by pinkgothic

On 9/1/2021 at 11:19 PM, pinkgothic said:

Last call. Hellfire gone to purplehaze! Thanks ❤️

Edited by pinkgothic

18 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Last call.

I would take the Hellfire.

Looks like Pyropellis dragons keep their colour when bred with each other, so we don't actually need the hack I prepared. Sweet! I'm gonna breed my Pyropellis dragons to some flame-generating critters so I've got some variety for whenever we get around to them (not that I wouldn't be able to change them, but it'll be nicer this way 8D).

Drake line update.

Finally got that greater spotted drake egg.  BGQRe  Sending to pinkgothic for the next step.  Parents are named from what was on the top of my head as I write this.  If someone thinks of something better I'll be happy to change them.

11 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Need ideas for naming the parents, please!!! I am no good at this.

There is this huge trove of trivia that I keep wondering when to use, stuff like "Adults used to continue x gaining clicks and views", but I don't know if this is a good place for that sort of thing. How about "Post-Fog Water sprites resembled x their later female sprites", or something along those lines? :D

1 hour ago, Dracaena said:

Drake line update.

Finally got that greater spotted drake egg.  BGQRe  Sending to pinkgothic for the next step.  Parents are named from what was on the top of my head as I write this.  If someone thinks of something better I'll be happy to change them.

Safely received and influenced!

My tentative release date Pyropellis dragon colours are:

Happy to change them if there's something better-suited to the project!

(Am just flying through, maybe someone else can update the docs.)

Any luck with the Magnesiums? I still have my male Grey Magnesium. 

Spotted Teal Drake fail (Morphodrake):

https://dragcave.net/lineage/Z3aVn

Anyone want it? (My default action would be to let it grow up on my scroll and then get released.) I actually ended up abandoning this. I'm sure there will be others if anyone is interested.

Edited by pinkgothic

1 hour ago, WhisperingWillows said:

I got a Stone egg, so I'll message @painless_j. Should they not respond, I do have this White I could breed it to, but I'd rather it go to someone else if possible.

Got the eggie :) Thanks! I guess next step is also mine (with Skywing)?

10 hours ago, painless_j said:

Got the eggie :) Thanks! I guess next step is also mine (with Skywing)?

Yes, exactly! Thanks for keeping an eye on the doc. ❤️

Edit: I did my best to give it a quick update.

Edited by pinkgothic

On 9/29/2021 at 5:24 PM, pinkgothic said:

Since I have more than I need, release day Scymrian Pygmy pair:

https://dragcave.net/teleport/c0eafc1185f8c4e66a1b6005e36db926

Release day Mirisia Amphiptere pair:

https://dragcave.net/teleport/c2fe2e8cadc87e975b5e9592293b1ca1

Offer a dummy.

Last call :) Going up on the DC Community Notice Board tomorrow.

Last call :) Going up on the DC Community Notice Board tomorrow.

Offered! 

Was too late to grab any release day babies myself.

2 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Offered! 

Was too late to grab any release day babies myself.

^_^ Enjoy!