pinkgothic

The Release History Of Dragon Cave Spiral

16 hours ago, painless_j said:

Un. Be. Lie. Va. Ble! We have JSIax on the first try! @pinkgothicTo whom do I pass it?

FYI, there's generally no need to ping me directly (though you're welcome to! ❤️), I have this thread subscribed. Second vax jab just took me out of commission yesterday. XD (Nothing bad, just a weird form of exhaustion without a sleepiness component, "Huh it sure is weird that even typing seems to take energy?")

Try @Screech for this gal!

I do see they've not been on the forum for a few weeks, so just in case:

water_f.png

Anyone else have a nice ol' CB female Water Dragon they're willing to rename and throw into the spiral? ^_^

16 hours ago, painless_j said:

And please help me with naming the silver pair!

Will edit something in here soon, but give me about half an hour or so, I'm still waking up after twelve hours of sleep. Got one! Rare Dragon - metallics - could x first only breed with commons

BTW, super congrats on the single-strike boss battle! That's amazing! You're a good luck charm. :D

Edited by pinkgothic

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I have this lady that could work. She is one of my oldest dragons.

Wow! That's really old, great! Sadly my oldest CB female is from 2011 (somewhat ironically, one of my first dragons was also a CB Water Dragon, but a male - so close and yet so far!). I added her to the document with yours, nonetheless. ❤️

My very first dragon was a Water male. He is only 9 days older than that one. :) She was my fifth.

It looks like @purplehaze's dragon is older. Should I pass the egg to them?

And with you a speedy recovery. Side-effects from the shot can be unpleasant. But I suspect we get vaccinated with different stuff, what with living in different countries :)

I'd rather see it go to Screech, if possible, as I already have a good many dragons in the project.

3 minutes ago, painless_j said:

It looks like @purplehaze's dragon is older. Should I pass the egg to them?

I had the same thought, but honestly, I think I'd like to give Screech an opportunity to join the main line fun.

I had just edited that earlier post of mine with a name suggestion, btw!

3 minutes ago, painless_j said:

And with you a speedy recovery. Side-effects from the shot can be unpleasant. But I suspect we get vaccinated with different stuff, what with living in different countries :)

The twelve hour sleep seems to have fixed me up to about 95%! I had Moderna's vaccine, for what it's worth. 🤗

4 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

I had the same thought, but honestly, I think I'd like to give Screech an opportunity to join the main line fun.

Agreed. I will stand by to take the egg/hatchie if Screech does not respond, but I think it should go to them if possible.

Ok, sent a message to Screech. We'll see if they respond. I shall influence the egg male just in case.

Update for drake spiral.  Once more a sabertooth egg Qv7x3  Up for grabs, send a PM if you want it.

5 hours ago, Dracaena said:

Update for drake spiral.  Once more a sabertooth egg Qv7x3  Up for grabs, send a PM if you want it.

Thanks for the update! *sends Greater-Spotted-Drake vibes to the pair for next time*

I haven't heard from Screech in 3 days, so I've influenced correctly and hatched the silver egg. Shall I wait a couple more days?

3 hours ago, painless_j said:

I haven't heard from Screech in 3 days, so I've influenced correctly and hatched the silver egg. Shall I wait a couple more days?

Aw! But no; I'd say go ahead and give it to purplehaze at this point. Thanks for staying on the ball!

Okay, the little one is safely on my scroll. However, if @Screech happens to surface before it grows up, I will happily pass it off to them. :)

Does anyone have information about the potential variants of the Volcano eggs yet? Asking because I intend to use Earthquake on my scroll tomorrow (statistically I might get one surviving skittish critter, but no guarantees - I only have two eggs) and need to know whether I ought to temp-store all or only some of the Volcano eggs on someone else's scroll while I do.

I have one equ'ed volc hatchie and one uneffected volc hatchie, and then a m/f pair of skittish.

Its impossible to plan for the volcs, it might just be a bsa like decorate (which i dont remember if was brought up here, but there's no real point to including all those in the spiral is there?) but more drastic? Given my current guess is fire colors at least. Could be wildly different.

Edited by Tini

Could somebody please explain to me about new egg alt in more detail? Or link to some place where it's explained?

14 hours ago, Tini said:

I have one equ'ed volc hatchie and one uneffected volc hatchie, and then a m/f pair of skittish.

Sadly my EQing had no effect and when I tried for force-hatching all my attempt-eggs died, but yours is good news - glad we have a skittish pair, at least!

Re: Volcanos, I have one incubated and one unincubated pair.

4 hours ago, painless_j said:

Could somebody please explain to me about new egg alt in more detail? Or link to some place where it's explained?

You need to "force" the Shumoga dragons out of their eggs to get the darker coloured variant (the "skittish" hatchling). You can do that with Earthquake or with the "Kill" action, although former of course affects all eggs on your scroll, and latter has an even more terrible success rate than Earthquake. (Incubate sadly doesn't count, even though it does hasten hatching.)

Based on the desc I have to think that the volcanos will be user determined alts, not anything done to the egg, so i imagine we're set with those.

1 hour ago, Tini said:

Based on the desc I have to think that the volcanos will be user determined alts, not anything done to the egg, so i imagine we're set with those.

Yeah, I don't think it's an egg thing, either, but I'd be bummed if I didn't try some things and then it turned out later it was an egg thing after all. >_<

Edit: Forgot to answer this earlier: 

19 hours ago, Tini said:

(which i dont remember if was brought up here, but there's no real point to including all those in the spiral is there?)

With how subtle the Glystere variants are, I don't think it makes much sense to include them all, no. ❤️

Edited by pinkgothic

4 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

You need to "force" the Shumoga dragons out of their eggs to get the darker coloured variant (the "skittish" hatchling). You can do that with Earthquake or with the "Kill" action, although former of course affects all eggs on your scroll, and latter has an even more terrible success rate than Earthquake. (Incubate sadly doesn't count, even though it does hasten hatching.)

Oh I see, thank you! My EQ killed 2 eggs and 2 others were unaffected.

Heads-up, everyone, with Tini's blessing, I am going to begin transitioning this project to them.

My scroll is still (and always will be) available for this project (and temporary or non-temporary egg-holding for anyone in the project!), and I still have connections to Sethiss and rehchoortahn (who have never really been active on the forum, I guess!) and can help you reach them within about 24 hours, just as right now.

What changes is that I won't be the go to person to coordinate the line any more and I won't maintain the docs (or only rarely - knowing me I'll still make changes occasionally, if I happen to see them first).

Tini and I will figure out how to proceed with the thread logistics over the coming days. ❤️ Huge thanks to Tini for taking the reins!

Meanwhile, they're not release date, obviously, but I grabbed a Hellfire Wyvern (for cyan), Water Dragon (for bald) and Brimstone Dragon (for blue) from the cave and will hatch them all as females (for a nice regular pairing off with Pyropellis males, since presumably only the female hellfire will give cyan flames).

I also intend to catch a green Fire Gem (for purple) and a Magi (for green) and hatch them as females. [ Edit: Magi acquired. ]

That said, I only have two release date males, so I'm looking for up to three volunteers with release date males to take some of these commons off me once I've hatched them as females. :) Let me know if you want one and which one you want, assuming you have a preference.

(Also, don't let this restrain you from doing your own plans, I'm not in charge any more. ❤️ This just came in mind based on the spreadsheet being compiled in the release thread.)

Edit II: What would be neat to find out is whether a colour-changed Pyropellis stays colour-changed when breeding with a Pyropellis dragon of a different colour. That would make things a bit more streamlined for the lineage! Guess we'll only find out in about a week or so, though.

Edited by pinkgothic

I'll have two cb males and would love to take the gem and magi, but shouldn't they be mixed genders? Since it's non dimorphic?

Oh wait hmmm, technically none of the color change breeds would need to be in the spiral. PB Pryos of right color would get it done. On the other hand, the old breeds would help for demonstration. Depends on if we wanna treat them as alts (cantors) or hybrids. Though we don't know how PB pyros breed yet either, or if 2g are influenced by their parent color. Hard to make a call until we know that kind of info.

(Don't worry about stepping on any toes, handing it over at the tail end of a release makes it a tad confusing whos coordinating this time lol)