pinkgothic

The Release History Of Dragon Cave Spiral

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Paradisiske said:

Just got another cb gold. I will see if I can get any bites for the cb orange gemshard from 5/21 or 5/22.

❤️ This is super kind of you, but please don't burn all your epic metallic hunting skills for our sakes. 🤗 But as long as you're enjoying it, I'll definitely cheer you on!

Meanwhile, who wants this Sunbeam Drake? Gone to @Paintra!

Edited by pinkgothic

9 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

❤️ This is super kind of you, but please don't burn all your epic metallic hunting skills for our sakes. 🤗 But as long as you're enjoying it, I'll definitely cheer you on!

Meanwhile, who wants this Sunbeam Drake?

I dont mind. I think this project is really cool even if I dont partake in it myself. I would hate to see it crash and burn due to how unexpected this bday release was.

1 minute ago, Paradisiske said:

I dont mind. I think this project is really cool even if I dont partake in it myself. I would hate to see it crash and burn due to how unexpected this bday release was.

No crashing and burning is ever going to happen. ❤️ If we can't get earliest-release-date dragons, we grab the next best thing. We've had to do that for the entire time of the Fog, after all. We try to pitch in a strong concerted effort during the releases to make sure we don't have to grab the next best thing instead, but for example we made the conscious decision not to even try to get CB coppers for this release, because of how expensive they are. (Well, I say "we", but it's me who made the decision and said it would be chill not to try for them, but I wouldn't have stopped anyone if they wanted to try anyway!)

From the first post:

On 1/6/2019 at 11:57 PM, pinkgothic said:

CB dragons contributing to the lineage can come from any scroll, but should be caught on the date of the release.
Sometimes this will be tricky to impossible, but we should pitch in an honest effort, and always prefer dates as close to the release as possible.

So it's not a make-or-break situation, just "we all give it an honest try". If we miss any, we can still put the date of release into the trivia if we really want to (and I tend to recommend that, although to date it's happened only rarely, like e.g. with this pair).

So no stressing about it, not allowed. 🤗 But as long as it's fun to try, it's worth doing. Just be sure to use your own threshold for fun for yourself!

27 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Meanwhile, who wants this Sunbeam Drake?

Did anyone claim yet? I'd love to give it a home :D

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, Paintra said:

Did anyone claim yet? I'd love to give it a home :D

Nope, you're the first! Sending you a PM. Done!

Edited by pinkgothic

25 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

threshold for fun

That is exactly the idea I have been trying to express in the release thread. Thank you for putting it into words for me. Of course we all have a different threshold, but this release has exceeded mine.

Posted (edited)

May have some good news coming your way. Will keep you updated.

Edited by Paradisiske

Posted (edited)

Trying again. Let’s see if this One goes the right colour! 

~view link changed to lineage link~

Edited by purpledragonclaw

7 hours ago, EragonSaphiraRider said:

Was this the one we needed for the pygmies?

Nope, we want red. :) Thanks for the update, though!

On 6/12/2021 at 6:21 AM, Serotina said:

I'll take them if no one has yet!

Hey, I don't know if you don't get notifications for PMs, so I'll let you know here, too: I've been trying to get that Drake your way for several days now. XD Sorry if it wasn't the best way to contact you!

On 6/12/2021 at 7:06 AM, EragonSaphiraRider said:

Fingers crossed that this fifth attempt is the Pargalus we need!

Sweet! Looks like the right colour. :D Are you willing to part with it? I'd love to have one of these.

1 hour ago, TCA said:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/lRw02

eyyyyyyyyy okay now what do I do with it

Oh gosh, this is a tough one. I think the only CB silver female we've got in our line-up so far is @SlowHornpipe172's! Try reaching out to them? ❤️

Meanwhile, if anyone else has a CB female Silver Dragon from any date (but the older, the better) they'd be willing to contribute to the project, please speak up!

silver_f.png

(I have two CB female Silver Dragons (1, 2) from 2013 I can in theory contribute, although both of them have at least one offspring on other people's scrolls named after them. That wouldn't stop me from renaming them, but it does mean I do have a preference toward someone else having the honour. ❤️)

11 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Meanwhile, if anyone else has a CB female Silver Dragon from any date (but the older, the better) they'd be willing to contribute to the project, please speak up!

I have this one from Jan. 2009. The only person who has named an offspring after her is me, and that's not a problem in this case.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I have this one from Jan. 2009. The only person who has named an offspring after her is me, and that's not a problem in this case.

Great! Thanks for the heads-up! I've added her to the GDoc.

6 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Hey, I don't know if you don't get notifications for PMs, so I'll let you know here, too: I've been trying to get that Drake your way for several days now. XD Sorry if it wasn't the best way to contact you!

Sweet! Looks like the right colour. :D Are you willing to part with it? I'd love to have one of these.

More than happy to send him your way! I even influenced the little guy! I'll shoot you a PM

I also have a cb silver but she's from like 2019

5 hours ago, EragonSaphiraRider said:

More than happy to send him your way! I even influenced the little guy! I'll shoot you a PM

Awesome, thank you so much! Got him.

5 hours ago, Tini said:

I also have a cb silver but she's from like 2019

That wouldn't stop me from adding her. Metallics are tricky XD - enough that any contributions are welcome. ❤️

I have a cb silver girl and a boy too. Not release date but still cave horns. Would prefer not to change their names though as I have a naming scheme already in place that’s going across my scroll (except my pargalus) 

1 hour ago, pinkgothic said:

Awesome, thank you so much! Got him.

That wouldn't stop me from adding her. Metallics are tricky XD - enough that any contributions are welcome. ❤️

Welcome to him

13 hours ago, EragonSaphiraRider said:

I have a cb silver girl and a boy too. Not release date but still cave horns. Would prefer not to change their names though as I have a naming scheme already in place that’s going across my scroll

Gotcha!

I added your CB pair and @Tini's CB female to the notes (with a lot of question marks for the dates for now XD). Thanks for throwing them into the ring! ❤️

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Gotcha!

I added your CB pair and @Tini's CB female to the notes (with a lot of question marks for the dates for now XD). Thanks for throwing them into the ring! ❤️

Happy to help where I can. Metallics can be such painful things when we want anything from them! Male silver and Female silver

Edited by EragonSaphiraRider

Have a few to add to the lists of contenders.

Female cb silver 10/17/14 with few offspring and no activity since 2015 mZ0k3

CB pink sapphire from May 24th that was influenced female just in case we need one.  UFSBU

Another pair of cb peach florets from release day. IbLaL q3GZ1