pinkgothic

The Release History Of Dragon Cave Spiral

9 hours ago, Serotina said:

Finally got another egg from this pair, but they're not a Jester. Any takers?

https://dragcave.net/lineage/24e0k

I might regret this, but me please. XD I can pick it up early tomorrow, if that's okay? I'm pretty badly locked until then.

17 hours ago, Tinibree said:

Got no egged by the pygmy line v.v

Aww. Thanks for the update, though!

Remembered to give the pygmys a go, another blue bab. Any takers?

Also a z code

Edited by Tinibree

5 hours ago, Tinibree said:

Also a z code

I'll be glad to give z'baby a home. ;)

5 hours ago, Tinibree said:

Also a z code

Argh. My scroll lock is still 24/24 (and honestly really something more like 30/24, but a friend is holding onto some of those Arsanis for me XD Everything is hatchlings!). I'd love it, though, as usual. But don't feel like you need to hold onto it for me.

Edit: Wow, simultaneous posting, after five hours. XD Give it to purplehaze, definitely. ❤️

Edited by pinkgothic

A couple days late with a green baby. They really don't want to go red lol. any takers?

10 hours ago, Tinibree said:

A couple days late with a green baby. They really don't want to go red lol. any takers?

Yes, please! ❤️

5 minutes ago, Tinibree said:

Yet another green baby, rng please have mercy

XD Toss it my way.

Maybe switching to another bred mate could help?

15 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Maybe switching to another bred mate could help?

Hmm, I don't think that'll change how the RNG behaves. If we were trying to beat a completely different species out of a pair, I'd agree, I've noticed a tendency of some pairs to favour one outcome over another, but if the only possibly outcome is "Pargulus" and the RNG only decides what colour it is, I don't think switching it up will change things.

That said, this is definitely speculation about site internals. Might not actually work this way! We could give it a try.

9 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Hmm, I don't think that'll change how the RNG behaves.

Call it superstition:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/u2BDZ

https://dragcave.net/progeny/LMVHN

For this lineage: https://dragcave.net/lineage/AjR5c

(ALL current Pygmy sprites, none repeated)

Was probably pure luck, but still, it made me happy :D

(btw, I love the name @HeatherMarie gave her AP find :D)

At any rate, you could avoid the dreaded "no egg" that is inevitable when you breed a pair religiously every week. Just alternate between the bred mates.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I'm willing to give it a go. Maybe someone (general DC someone not this thread specifically) should organize some DC Science about mates and rng kids sometime

Hi, I bred my pair and the resulting egg sorts as blue. Anyone want it? ok03j

I did toss some names on them, if you all think of something better I'll gladly change them.

6 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

Hi, I bred my pair and the resulting egg sorts as blue. Anyone want it? ok03j

I did toss some names on them, if you all think of something better I'll gladly change them.

I'm happy to take it, although I am (as so often) terribly egg-locked until in about 22 hours. XD Thanks for trying your pair!

The names are awesome! My only suggestion would be to change "Market and Bred Eggs" to "Bred and Market Parguluses" so it's definitely clear you're talking about Pargulus Dragons, even to the inattentive. ❤️

@pinkgothic I'll send you a link for the egg, you can pick up when ready.

I shuffled the names around to add pargulus.  BTW according to Hawaiianbabidoll the plural of pargulus is pargulus.  See post

8 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

BTW according to Hawaiianbabidoll the plural of pargulus is pargulus.

I'm not surprised it's an irregular plural, honestly. XD In fact, I was tempted to write "Pargulae" but also 99% sure that was not the canonical plural, so I went with the "it's probably not this, but at least everyone will know what I mean" plural. XD Maybe we can use that as the next piece of trivia!

Also, awesome rearranged names!

Whee, sprite updates.

The question now is whether or not we want to put any of these into the line.

• Laculas seem a definite yes, those changes feel about as drastic as the change of the silver sprite.
  • Magis also seem like a yes - the changes are less drastic but still (intentionally) very noticeable.
  • Thunders could go so-so from my perspective - with the exception of the back feet and the hairdo, it feels like more of a shading update (despite the sprite being bigger now).
  • Sakuhanas are also so-so - bigger wings, more pronounced chest, but otherwise looks like a shading update.
  • Snows feel like they shouldn't be included - that one really just got a shading update.

Opinions?

15 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Pargulae

That could only ever have been the plural if the singular had been Pargula. The other option for Pargulus would have been Parguli XD

Sakuhanas and Snows: Those only matter if we include holidays at all, and if so, then yes! :D

12 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That could only ever have been the plural if the singular had been Pargula.

In Latin, sure, yes! In biological species naming (which is a weird mash-up of Latin and Greek in the first place, and in recent decades any other strange language we haven't salvaged for parts enough yet XD), no. Dromaeosaurus --> Dromaeosaurae. There aren't many instances where this is used, though; it's easy to think someone is just confused with the group naming schema, e.g. Dromaeosauridea, but this is something else. [Edit: To be clear, this is used about as often as "-ia", which is baked into some prominent groupings, like e.g. Dinosauria, but those tend to be made singular by hacking off the "-ia", in English at least. XD It's its own little world, whose linguistic rules appear to be "whatever we thought might work at the time".]

But like I said, I was 99% sure it wasn't that, because that's usually not how people do plurals on Dragon Cave. And with "usual", I mean that there isn't even one, but I'd not be surprised if there's one eventually.

Edited by pinkgothic

7 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Whee, sprite updates.

The question now is whether or not we want to put any of these into the line.

• Laculas seem a definite yes, those changes feel about as drastic as the change of the silver sprite.
  • Magis also seem like a yes - the changes are less drastic but still (intentionally) very noticeable.
  • Thunders could go so-so from my perspective - with the exception of the back feet and the hairdo, it feels like more of a shading update (despite the sprite being bigger now).
  • Sakuhanas are also so-so - bigger wings, more pronounced chest, but otherwise looks like a shading update.
  • Snows feel like they shouldn't be included - that one really just got a shading update.

Opinions?

For what it's worth, Sakuhana and Snow introduction into the lineage at that point is not something that needs any quick decision, of course, as they can't be bought/caught out of season. I bought a Lacula and a Magi, but yowza Thunders are ridiculously expensive. You knew this already and so did I, but I was just reminded how bad it is. 3300 shards, versus the 2000 shards a Gold Dragon costs in the market.

I'm going to try catching one from the Desert, but I doubt that'll actually work. :P

Good luck catching a thunder, I'll be doing a grocery run so probably won't be around to try.

I think yes to sakus and no to snow, personally. Sakus update is a lot bigger than you think it is at a glance lol, fair bit of pose correcting on all three sprites. Yes to thunder too, obvi.