MoonlightEevee

ANSWERED:Glitch: Harvests Gone in General

The Harvests seem to be missing from the market and alpine

Apparently I got this gal here last year in the alpine. Further proof that they glitched

Edited by Dalek Raptor

Perhaps they don't drop at all during Winter? I remember their prices went up during fall because of their lore (where they store up fat then hibernate)

I have a couple CB Harvests from winter. They do move to the alpine for winter so maybe that has something to do with it?

Maybe but...why completely eliminate them from the Market just because they move biomes? Fleshcrownes also skyrocketed in price during autumn but they're just fine still. Why just the Harvests?

EDIT: Apparently someone told me it could be because Fleshcrownes are active during the day in winter, while Harvests just straight up hibernate. I'd accept that as a reason but...you can find Harvests in Alpine during winter, as Karp said. So yeah, still not a good enough reason to eliminate them from the Market if they're still obtainable in the biomes, in my opinion.

Edited by animatedrose

Huh, the market has revealed another breed quirk?

Idk

To be fair, just because adults hibernate doesn't mean there aren't eggs. Doesn't something similar happen with bears?

I think TJ's non-response speaks for itself, and to confirm, I tried the following:

I looked at all 24k entries in AoND. I didn't spot a single harvest egg or hatchling.

I tried breeding all of my 24 harvests to random holiday mates. I didn't get a single egg.

Try to prove me wrong, but I think that, at least since this year, harvests are completely out of commission during winter.

Bred all 25 of mine to NON-holiday dragons. 0 eggs. So I think olympe's right.

If harvests are unavailable at all during winter, the no interest/no eggs text is in-game representation of that.

The last egg I got from a pair of z-code dragons that I breed about every week was back on Dec. 4th and that was a Plated Colossus. The last Harvest egg I got from them was Oct. 20th. I don't have others that I breed regularly, but I tried breeding about 10 Harvests just now and got no egg at all from any of them no matter what I bred them with -- including Aether, Ash, and Boreal.

I just bred about 12 harvests to celestials, and got no eggs whatsoever. Even when breeding to rares I usually get celestial eggs at minimum. This seems like a bug.

(Also the harvest encyclopedia still says they're supposed to drop in alpine, and I have prior alpine harvests, so this probably shouldn't be happening.)

If it were a bug, TJ would (most likely) have commented.

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Hibernating dragons don't lay eggs, I presume.

Nope. ;) Nor do they breed, so no eggs from their mates, either. 

12 minutes ago, olympe said:

If it were a bug, TJ would (most likely) have commented.

Nope. ;) Nor do they breed, so no eggs from their mates, either. 

Considering I pointed out a vampire glitch in July, it wasn't until I think November or last month before he finally pointed that it was supposed to be a glitch 😬 So if it's a bug or not, who knows until TJ answers?

If it wasn't a bug and TJ had read this thread, he would also have likely commented as he had for the red-tailed wyrm clarification and the more recent harvest/fleshcrowne jump in price. More importantly, I have both bred and cb alpine harvests from last year's winter, so unless this was a very recent update I'm more inclined to believe this is a glitch, given that even holidays will give the other dragon's eggs.

Either a glitch or a more recent "hidden" change to how things work. It was rather recently that TJ confirmed that dragon migration actually is a thing, and nobody ever noticed squat until the fleshcrownes became way more expensive than before...

I've been hunting alpine for days now searching for harvests with no luck.  Not seen a single harvest in the AP either (I'm bouncing back and forth between cave and AP hunting).  This really looks to me like a bug.  I have harvests from previous years from alpine, the encyclopedia says they are in alpine currently.  

Did a mod actually ask TJ about this or just the tag in the thread.  I expect TJ gets so many tag notifications in a day he doesn't have time to look at them all.

Will a mod please ask TJ:

Is the vanished harvest a bug or working as intended?

Glitch or not, we need communication, especially considering this thread was created a while ago. I would hope if it was a change, TJ would've made an announcement.

I went through my harvests and found one from last year I caught in January. Honestly, I would have loved to get a response of 'I'm looking into it' from TJ. I would have been much more satisfied to know he's trying to resolve the issue. If I was the owner of a dragon site and a breed suddenly just vanished, I would be very much concerned as they are supposed to be dropping in a specific place right now and they just upped and vanished

If it is planned and intended behaviour, he has no need to "resolve" anything. That would just mean the one you caught before was a glitch - just like when a few of us caught spitters in the forest. As I recall, when winters moved to the Alpine, there was no announcement.

The encyclopedia only backs up my claim by saying winter (for now). I would still like to hear a response from TJ saying if this interests or not. I poke JOTB about this inquiring about the situation