VixenDra

ANSWERED:Snow War2 - overlay issues

I see 5 right now but it's very likely there are more.

4 of them are seen here:

455042877_overlayissues.png.8b7619adedf2e32f50ee79b04abd0d75.png

1. wreath against Gingerbread Window wall (see screenshot)

2. wreath against Gingerbread Arch's left half (see screenshot) (it's possible this is true for the Gingerbread Wall & Fancy as well)

3. Snowdragon vs Castle Gate (see screenshot) - sorry but it looks very phallic now:o same for Snowcat, trees... (the wall is always on top)

4. same as 3. but against Castle Wall

5. Aegis Clauius(no matter the form) vs Castle Guardtower (see screenshot - his butt is no top, instead of behind the tower)

No matter what I tried, these overlay issues continue, even if I do manage to place the items correctly, when I refresh, they are all back to the wrong overlay automatically... and I'm so scared of having them saved in the wrong overlay! (ekhm, especially the Snowdragon)

Edited by VixenDra

I have already postet this in the Holiday Event Encore thread, but it might be a good idea to collect all of the still occurring issues here as well. So here's a quote:

44 minutes ago, _Dragoness_ said:

I'd also like to point out an overlay issue:
snowwarsglitchcxdbf.png

The gingerbread Icing overlays the left wing of the Dragon Sculpture A.

The Dragon Sculpture A also likes to hide behind Ice Walls, but this issue can easily be fixed by moving the Sculpture around a bit. But the Icing is stubborn enough to insist it should always be top layer, no matter what.

Edited by _Dragoness_
Typos fixed

43 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Me too, the icing refuses to be like the other one on the side of the roof, which is a little annoying.

45C0CFD3-77B7-40BE-94D5-354093A3CFB6.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Kitty137 said:

I also have a minor overlay issue. The tree roots go over Claudius' horns

layering.PNG

Edited by VixenDra

I have an overlay issue, the tree by my castle is in the walls, and for some reason I can't get rid of one damage bar. I think I've deleted the item that was damaged and I have tried moving the entire scene behind it and just can't get it to go away

Try using the silver magi to repair whatever it is you can't see.

Ehh, I'm not risking it, since the issues are still there(well, it's just 5h till the end of the event, and 1am for me...), I removed the wraith, moved the Snowdragon and only left the enraged Aegis despite his butt over the tower(is minor compared to the other two)... I spent way too many days spawning the perfect resources in "perfect spots" to wreck it all with unfixed overlays of such severity...
Still, I wish TJ to fix those anyway, even if later on.

This one can actually be resolved by either moving the icing or the roof around, I just forgot which one. I think you needed to move the icing from behind the wall to its intended spot, though.

49 minutes ago, olympe said:

This one can actually be resolved by either moving the icing or the roof around, I just forgot which one. I think you needed to move the icing from behind the wall to its intended spot, though.

Actually all overlay problems I reported in the OP can be placed correctly - thing is they get back to the wrong overlay when I revisit the fort, are you sure the icing stays there and doesn't return to the wrong overlay upon revisit?

Fort layering will appear as it does when you enter your own fort (or view someone else's for attacking). There will be no surprise tweaks: as I believe I have said in the news thread, what you see is what you get (sans damage) which many people who have declared their forts "finished" days ago are relying on.