okutobee

ANSWERED:Mistletoe hatchie gendered male

Im just wondering if this is even possible? Im pretty sure mistletoes are a female-only breed (says so on the wiki) but i guess i want confirmation from the mods/tj

5 minutes ago, chokokora said:

Im just wondering if this is even possible? Im pretty sure mistletoes are a female-only breed (says so on the wiki) but i guess i want confirmation from the mods/tj

Only the caveborn Mistletoes are female-only, bred ones can be male as well, just like caveborn Hollies are male-only while bred Hollies may be female, too.

As such, bred eggs of those breeds may be influenced.

The CBs are female-only, but bred Mistletoes can be either gender. Hollies are the same way (but reversed) - the CBs can only be male (except a handful of Hollies won as honourable mentions in the raffles, which might be female), but bred hollies can be either gender. (That also mean Influence works on bred Mistletoe and Holly eggs. ^_^)

Edit: I was a bit too slow, I see. XD

Edited by pinkgothic

What it actually says on the wiki:

While CBs are limited to being female only, bred Mistletoes can be either male or female - this was discovered during Christmas of 2015, where the spriters revealed this was intended to mimic what occurred with Holly Dragons.

Just saying. ;)

No worries. Most people don't even bother to try to check ;)

But we do have to remember to influence them. I almost slipped up there - and I DID slip up with two hollies :(

Right. We are so used to not needing to influence any but Halloween ones that it is easy to forget, even if you know. I almost missed influencing my first Mistletoe this season until someone mentioned them in one of the threads I was reading. :o 

I completely blew two pretty Holly stairs :(

I honestly didn't remember they could be influenced until I picked up some bred beauties from the AP and saw the genders on the ancestors. It happens. :) We'll always be happy to help remind others if they forget.

Fuzz, fortunately I don't breed, because I've messed up my fair share of lineages by influencing incorrectly or forgetting to influence at all. 🤦‍♀️

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I completely blew two pretty Holly stairs :(

Maybe you can still do something with them - like this? Beauty, after all, is always in the eye of the beholder. :)

Well im glad im not the only one whos so forgetful!

As for breeding, ive only ever tried to make a stairstep once, based off something i got from the AP (although it doesnt include holiday dragons😞

https://dragcave.net/lineage/6QCCl

I forgot to influence a swallowtail, it gendered male, and i got completely demotivated .-.

Ill probably pick it up again one day, though. I really like the colors and poses :0

Edited by chokokora
Added a few words

12 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'll do something. But it won't be that neat :)

https://dragcave.net/lineage/Yxsa3  :(

An arrow line, then? Breed a male holly to a horse next season. Then continue the stair until you reach the same gen and mis-influence. It will just take several years to get there - unless someone would be willing to trade you a higher-gen stair come Xmas?

Oh I WILL come up with something :) Don''t worry. I could do a double arrow with horses dominant...