TJ09

2019-01-01 - Holiday Event Encore

WHAAAA?? I didn't remember the original Snow Wars had an encore! Omg yay!!! 

....... But I'd finally gotten my fort exactly how I wanted it. Dang. What do I do now?

I hate this >,<

I'm crying T^T

I begrudgingly stayed up half the night with items I didn't like too much, and now... this...

Welp, good for y'all that're glad by this turn of events...

This is seriously the most awesome event that DC has ever had! Thanks, TJ!!

I love the nods to Final Fantasy; it brings back many happy memories for me! I simply LOVE :wub:Snow Wars. :nyan:

Thank you to TJ, to all artists and all involved, in this wonderful event. 

How does the Magi Statue work? I'm afraid to test it since I have a lot of resources in my design. Does it harvest all resources (mana spires -> 10 mana) or does it make the resource items purchasable?

Let me get one and test it out... 

(Sorry for the delay. I need to do a whole XP bar.)

Edit: Okay, so. It has a "gather resources" button when you click it. This gives you a target range (a circle/oval a little smaller than if you're targeting a snow trebuchet).  

Edited by tori

7 minutes ago, tori said:

Edit: Okay, so. It has a "gather resources" button when you click it. This gives you a target range (a circle/oval a little smaller than if you're targeting a snow trebuchet).  

And then what happens in that circle?

If you click (like you were targeting a weapon), then the resources in the circle get effectively "clicked up" at once and added to the store counts in the upper right corner. 

17 minutes ago, tori said:

9 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

And then what happens in that circle?

If you click on a resource item (i.e., an item that the game has dropped for leveling up, which if you destroy it will give you ice or snow or wood, for example), that resource item will disappear and automatically the resources (let's say 10 wood) will be added to your inventory. I imagine, for a crowded landscape, it's handy to collect using the Magi Statue instead of having to move all items out of the way in order to collect resources. It only works over a circular covered area so you can pinpoint where to pick something up. You can choose to pick up certain resources and leave others in place. 

ETA: The Magi Statue's red circular "collection" area has different parts to it. You can move and reposition the circular area so that it collects more items or fewer items.  You can also drag it half off the map if you only want to pick up something on the edge of the landscape. There is no cooldown associated with using the Magi Statue as far as I can tell; you can keep using it repeatedly to collect items. (I haven't extensively tested it, though; but in my limited testing I didn't run into a cooldown.)

Edited by missy_

Yay! I'm glad we get more time with Snow War, esp. with the problems during the regular war time. 

Thank-you TJ and all the spriters of the new, and old, items available for the encore. Enjoy everyone!

Before; after! I'm so happy we'll get time to play with all this. ❤️

SnowWars2Final.jpgSnowWars2Final2.jpg

Edited by infiniteviking

Happy New Year everyone! It's nearly 8 am here and I'm still awake... so after a few hours of sleep I'll look into all this new items!

Thanks for the extra days!

oh, the magi dragon with the x-ray resources feature is just AMAZING holy guacamole!!! did the spriters do this on last minute notice?!?!?!

2 hours ago, TJ09 said:
This encore brings four more days (until Jan 5 at 11:59:59 EST) to decorate your fort,

Wait, I'm confused... I thought today (Jan 1) it would be over already, so today would be the first day of the encore - but then four days would only be until the end of the 4th, not the 5th?

1 minute ago, Confused Cat said:

Wait, I'm confused... I thought today (Jan 1) it would be over already, so today would be the first day of the encore - but then four days would only be until the end of the 4th, not the 5th?

6NdzIG0.gif

Happy New Year DC!

I'm just about to redecorate my base as i'm not that happy with how it looks now.

Ahh it's almost perfect! Only three things that could make it better for me is 1) Rotatable base 2) Rotatable dragon statues and 3) Rotatable flags. This event has been really fun for me so far. I especially appreciate the addition of gaining more resources per "level up" after level 50 as it allowed me to finish my base in time (and early apparently!). Also, it made fighting more meaningful as several wars irl have been fought over resources.

Dragon Cave Snow Fort 2.PNG

I am sooooo happy with snow wars 2. This is my alltime favorite game and I wish we did it every single year. The only thing I would add would be a concurrent gingerbread house decorating event too, hahaha SO MUCH FUN! Thank you for the encore! I needed to redecorate!