TJ09

2019-01-01 - Holiday Event Encore

Oh dear, such wonderful new items... but I wouldn't want to change everything in my fort! This certainly was a surprise but nothing too bad. I'm not sure if I had rather been done with decorating for this Christmas but I do love those cats and dragons and birds so thanks! Happy New Year everyone.

Edited by Varislapsi

8 minutes ago, Ashray said:

Will the fort stay after christmas, or will we loose it after the event is finished?

It stays, you just can't edit anymore.

Happy new years, everyone.

The new (old) decorations are really nice. I'm thinking of a cute little ginger village around an ice pond, surrounded by trees. But I just don't have the heart to tear the current one down and start decorating again...

If anyone is in need of supplies, I'll be trying to keep a temporary ginger wall up for the next hour or so. It's at the bottom of my lot along the ice wall. Bomb away!

9 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

This. I was cluttered already, but NOW.... But chickadees. Grosbeak. Cats. Owls....

Can we SEE our inventory ?

I have to incorporate the snow chicken again!! My mess of a fort got a redo once but I think I can do for some more tweaking. 

The only inventory is in the corner with your resources, I’d assume. 

I also changed my tent to a cabin (I was tempted to make it a castle) but I decided my small cabin base is now an outhouse LOL

46 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

Thign is battling an d'leveling up' spawns resources... and many people want to spawn correct resources in correct palces to decorate their fort... though tbh I' prefet the battle mode to be gone and the resources to be just craftable...I just CAN'T get it to spawn mana crystals-_-

Then... when will we EVER have time to just BUILD and NOT have battle mode on at all???

I can't keep affording to repair it! But I don't want a battered fort to be permanent and visible for forever!

I sincerely believed the Encore was going to be that, at long last...

Now I'm sad and dispirited again...

9 minutes ago, Indigo_Dragon said:

Then... when will we EVER have time to just BUILD and NOT have battle mode on at all???

I can't keep affording to repair it! But I don't want a battered fort to be permanent and visible for forever!

You don't need to keep repairing if you don't want to. TJ said that all damage will be gone in the 'saved' version, when the game is over whatever you made will be saved *minus* the damage. If you don't want to rebuild then don't, the damage won't stay.

I'm so confused as to how people are hitting my fort.  I don't mind, lol, but it's hidden inside a log cabin and even I can't reach it without moving things.  So how are you wizards doing it?

1 minute ago, willworkforhugs said:

I'm so confused as to how people are hitting my fort.  I don't mind, lol, but it's hidden inside a log cabin and even I can't reach it without moving things.  So how are you wizards doing it?

I think the roof gets removed when you are battling a fort with timber roof.

Or I swear I have seen a roof one moment and then it poofs, then I see what's in side..

5 minutes ago, willworkforhugs said:

For one, the timber roof is not visible in attacking mode. And there are several weapons that cause area damage. So you just point it at the cabin and hit everything there. :D

Good thing we now have an area repair thanks to the golden dragon statue as well.

Edit: I'd be grateful for some attacks since I need some more drops in my fort.

Edited by e-sheep

OK, am I the only one not able to even see the new Event game?? Also I am very disapointed to not beeing able to play the other game from the years before, I was really looking Forward to it. Too bad, I only have the house to look at now, I miss the old game.

Oh wow. I've been so busy working and being a healthy adult (low carb despite all that Holiday Dragon Breading I participated in, got that at least!!), I thought I would miss my first Holiday event. I at least logged in??? I was sad!!! Still more sad about SHARING ONE COMPUTER between two adults, and Oh yah makes a good excuse to be a healthy responsibility well enough balanced adult.... BUT I am OFF WORK ... finally..... tomorrow!! I wonder if I can sneak something in but not sure fingers crossed, not sure how that works for logging in just a few times. 

I loved the original snow Fort wars and also this one.  I prefer the events when we do something rather than traipse all over the event - back and forth and in endless circles.  Thank you so much for the extra 4 days.  I appreciate them and the effort the crafters went to to make this happen for us. 

Happy Holidays and have a great New Year!

I just realized that Starsingers are the only Holiday dragons NOT named "Holiday Dragon"...

Does...

Does that mean...

NAME CHANGES????!!!

No more Holiday Dragon (20XX)?!

??????

Edited by Shokomon
Fixed how the Holiday Dragon names are arranged.

1 hour ago, Indigo_Dragon said:

If you buy a White Dragon it will repair a 4x4 area 1 time per hour.  If you buy a Magi Dragon it will let you "see" hidden resources - every time you click on it it will put those hidden resources in your inventory.  The cost of the two dragons is far less than what it would cost to repair in both resources and time.  Repairing and finding hidden resources became fun for me rather then something tedious.  Look in Special to find these two dragons.

59 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

I just realized that Starsingers are the only Holiday dragons NOT named "Holiday Dragon"...

Does...

Does that mean...

NAME CHANGES????!!!

No more Holiday Dragon (20XX)?!

??????

Garlands have names too. :)

I hope we'll eventually see the other old breeds updated in kind.

4 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Garlands have names too. :)

I hope we'll eventually see the other old breeds updated in kind.

Herp Derp. Whoops. 

I missed that apparently. Lol.

Someone will have to make descriptions for all the older ones first though.

I'm glad the large snowy pine trees were added from the first game. They're nice sprites and I was disappointed when I didn't see them among the other plants.

Only problem is that the land grid is too small and fits a maximum of 8 trees side by side. I'm sure this was just an oversight though, because everybody knows 8 is a terrible number to end up with.

Could someone attack me please? thanks (scroll name Tropicalslashdragon) ugh i cringe

2 hours ago, Pinch of StarDust said:

If you buy a White Dragon it will repair a 4x4 area 1 time per hour.  If you buy a Magi Dragon it will let you "see" hidden resources - every time you click on it it will put those hidden resources in your inventory.  The cost of the two dragons is far less than what it would cost to repair in both resources and time.  Repairing and finding hidden resources became fun for me rather then something tedious.  Look in Special to find these two dragons

Can you access them even at level 4 or are you supposed to level up to get them, like everything else in the game?

In build mode, I can only see Weapons or Snow options in building. Nothing else.

If it's not accessible to anybody below a certain level then I guess count me out of those supposedly great benefits.