TJ09

2019-01-01 - Holiday Event Encore

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Oh LAGIE -I do love you ! Have a cookie XD 

XD *noms* Thanks. But... what did I do? :huh:

Thank you so so much for snow wars 2!

It amazes me how a detailed game within the game can be dreamed up and brought into existence in a short time. Major kudos and hugs to everyone who made it happen. You're all fabulous!

I also LOVE the music! The fort music and the battle music has a great beat to destroy stuff or decorate to and I know I'll have an upbeat ear worm for a long while!

(Also keep hearing a swoosh sound as the battlefield goes from mine to whoever's, lol my brain is silly.)

Thank you for making this holiday season so much fun for myself and my family/friends. I'm truly grateful and have enjoyed myself immensely!

2 hours ago, Mewtie said:

New resources shouldn't appear if you no longer enter the game. See this post:

So I just avoid my fort until the event ends? Man I like looking at it so that's going to be hard lol

Once again because the event is getting close to ending, here are the current suggestions for the Snow Wars! Maybe we can get some last minute changes?

- Current Snow War Suggestions (in spoiler because long list):

Spoiler
  1. Gingerbread House Roof: 
  2. Balancing Resource Drops: 
  3. Wreaths on the Roof: 
  4. Make Resources Movable Items: 
  5. Make Repair Bars Clickable: 
  6. Collect all Drops/Repair all Items:
  7. Last Day Truce Time: 
  8. More Tiles: 

And on a side note, BADGES:

Spoiler
On 1/2/2019 at 6:43 PM, Shokomon said:

@Royal-Tentacle: I hope you don't mind me using the Igloo in a badge.

Speaking of Badges, here are some simple base (and gingerbread) badges for Snow Wars!

2v9c6za.jpg 

http://i66.tinypic.com/2v9c6za.jpg

2sbr3au.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2sbr3au.jpg

xmo6cw.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/xmo6cw.jpg

2d9qq68.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/2d9qq68.jpg

2jeo4f8.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2jeo4f8.jpg

I'm kinda sad we can't have a gingerbread house base...

(Also in spoiler because long)

I think I'm gonna keep it like this. Not a huge penguin army like before, but there's still some there ^_^

image.png.ff1534ab22e76303891d8aae9c331103.png

Anyone else still having trouble getting on the game via mobile device? I'm using Silk (the browser for a Kindle Fire tablet) and I either get the music of nothing at all. And it's been happening for days. XS

I wanna get back on to check out the new stuff and maybe add a few things before the event ends but I can't if the game won't load properly. ^~^;

5 minutes ago, Dragonchild17 said:

Anyone else still having trouble getting on the game via mobile device? I'm using Silk (the browser for a Kindle Fire tablet) and I either get the music of nothing at all. And it's been happening for days. XS

I wanna get back on to check out the new stuff and maybe add a few things before the event ends but I can't if the game won't load properly. ^~^;

I'm having the same problem.

Can someone please help me?

I can't figure out how to rotate things in my base. I was told you right click when you're moving the item, but it didn't work.

I'm trying to rotate a reindeer, can only certain items be rotated?

1 minute ago, AppleMango said:

I'm trying to rotate a reindeer, can only certain items be rotated?

The reindeer can't be rotated. Not all items can.

22 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

The reindeer can't be rotated. Not all items can.

Aw :(

Thank you 

Guys, seriously, chill with the attacks. I can't finish my fort if I have to repair every single thing. Which I have to because in one hour's time my fort was trashed. I thought there was a truce for the last day? I haven't attacked a fort in three days!

Just to make really, really, really sure: the first page says the encore will last for four days, until "Jan 4 at 11:59:59 EST". That means we have one more day and the event ends tomorrow night, Friday, at 11:59:59 EST?

16 minutes ago, infiniteviking said:

Just to make really, really, really sure: the first page says the encore will last for four days, until "Jan 4 at 11:59:59 EST". That means we have one more day and the event ends tomorrow night, Friday, at 11:59:59 EST?

Oh, so we still have another day? Oh good. I feel better now. I was thinking it was tonight. ^_^;

So...Once the ability to play on my PC was fixed, and I figured I could double click my mouse to rotate things, I went to town and had so much fun with this!  I wish I could go back in time and fix a couple  minor things on the first Snow Wars fort I created, but I am done up to the last second on this year's and can live with it.  :)    Thanks for the fun and hard work, all involved!

Edited by blackdragon71
Ohhhhh, we have a whole other 24 hours...Ooooooo

I was wandering why the event has not finished yet. 

So, we have almost another day. Nice. 😘

Edited by Cleo4

The current plan is for them to stay. Drops that aren't "claimed" (i.e. you didn't enter the event to generate them) shouldn't appear, though.

that is fine with me, but what happens when the Aegis is in enraged form when the event ends? I mostly go in to repair him to make sure he appears in his calm motion in the final deco. Will that stay too when I do not enter the event anymore?

Edited by Kiwiana

5 hours ago, Dragonchild17 said:

I'm on kindle too. I've even tried loading opera and duckduckgo but nope, crashes on loading very time and then just the music.  I did pop on to my son's computer and tidy everything up yesterday so there's that but essentially it looks like the game is finished for me.

2 hours ago, Kiwiana said:

that is fine with me, but what happens when the Aegis is in enraged form when the event ends? I mostly go in to repair him to make sure he appears in his calm motion in the final deco. Will that stay too when I do not enter the event anymore?

TJ posted that it will PROBABLY calm down after the event ends.

I tried on a mobile device once (tablet) and the event did crash everytime, but works all fine on PC (as long as your browser doesn't have any addon that is triggered with a rightclick - that collides with the rotate feature).

I'm afraid that anyone who can't load the event will have to find a PC/laptop access today...

Also, there's still issues with certain things and the overlay:

(gosh, at least the crystal I fought for for 6 days finally appeared today!)

I'd also like to point out an overlay issue:
snowwarsglitchcxdbf.png

The gingerbread Icing overlays the left wing of the Dragon Sculpture A.

The Dragon Sculpture A also likes to hide behind Ice Walls, but this issue can easily be fixed by moving the Sculpture around a bit. But the Icing is stubborn enough to insist it should always be top layer, no matter what.

Edited by _Dragoness_
Typos fixed

8 minutes ago, FoxintheBox said:

Nothing compared to my overlay issue...

Claudiushead.png

True but it's at least not resulting in sth potentially NSFW unlike the Snowdragon, haha xD

Well, I had mentioned a few days ago that we should have an option in the item menu to "place on top", all those issues (some extremelly severe) only show how much would that option help xD ... But well, I don't count on that at this point, and all we probably can do is to report particular cases and hope TJ fixes them, preferably before the event ends so we can know what designs we can keep safely and which not (well, I'd hate to end up with a phallic snowman in my final fort^^;)

Edited by VixenDra

I couldn't figure out the game on mobile, now I have a chance to properly try on my laptop - but I still can't get it to work. I have no resources and I can't figure out how to get any. There is nothing I could destroy etc. And I entered on the first day the game was available. I'm on a macbook if that is important? 

edit: nevermind, I seem to have figured it out. :)

Edited by blah