Lumos Rose

Show Your 2018 Snow Wars Fort

Before the encore, my fort was kinda a park with a chessboard as the centerpiece:

Spoiler

DC18SnowWarsFort.png.61cbb8c1d94550e78b0d1b6b0259f9cf.png

I remodelled it into a proper castle when the 2013 items are added! The penguins are having a party in the front yard lol.

Spoiler

DC18SnowWarsFortV2.png.b28646ea2622715d372cc47db2dabf52.png

6 hours ago, blackdragon71 said:

No.  No, it is not.  I would love to build an ice pagoda, given the correct sort of building blocks (insert hint here).  2013 had a Roman flavor, this year was medieval.  In five years, I want bonsais and pagodas, with a silver shimmerscale.   Just sayin'.   

//history geeking

Oh, that would be awesome!  :D

Here's mine:

2019-01-05_0742.png

I'm glad the resources didn't respawn when away. Having presents left near the gallows would just be awkward

I could never figure out how to make a fort so I never could do it. It was my first Christmas on here to. 

On 12/29/2018 at 8:56 PM, Cygnet said:

Edited for the encore! Now my fort matches the rest of my walls. 

For my fort, i envisioned a peaceful old caretaker residing at the edge of a mountain forest, dutifully maintaining a tree nursery within the walls of an abandoned old castle. 

Forest Fort.jpg

This is really amazing! ❤️

---

Mine is a little bit... boring and I forgot to remove those weapons in the end.

But well, it's not that bad. :D

Cheers

Seriva

fort.jpg

48 minutes ago, MadameZ said:

Click here!

Here's mine in the actual game. It was meant to be a massive army instead of a homely base.

That's just terrifying.

*runs for cover*

2 hours ago, MadameZ said:

Click here!

Here's mine in the actual game. It was meant to be a massive army instead of a homely base.

The idea of the penguins manning (penguining?) the trebuchets, tho... XD

I'm so happy with my final version and its bird tent, spooky river, forest tower, and weird snowman corner. :D

Thank you to everyone who made the event possible!

SnowWars2FinalFinal.jpg

@Yhme Yours made me cackle, especially with the added narrative!

My fort still looks mostly the same as when the Encore started, but I did manage to get a few more mana crystals spawned. ❤️ They're just the prettiest thing~

(My old fort, for reference, was what made me insist on putting up red banners again.)

I do prefer the aesthetic of the old one (although having a hedge maze is just wonderful), but I think much of my preference comes from the stark white playing field we had back then. Clearly I missed an opportunity to plaster my new fort with white tiles before putting anything else on it. ^_^

I decided to redo mine at the last minute. Pity about the layering glitch in the castle, but otherwise, I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

Redone Fort.png

My fort (pardon the black background, it's on mobile and it was screwing up ever since the update)

Screenshot_20190102-155410.png

Edited by Dalek Raptor

Since people are doing comparisons, here I go as well:

2013: CTF Keep, Doom style.

2018: A cute but haunted cabin in the woods, Blood style, complete with hedge maze. Forgot to remove the cannons but oh well I don't mind em there anyway. apparently it's now my headcanon that my starsingers live there, it's their aesthetic

fort_2018.png

I didn't know that the presents and stumps would stay after the event. XD Oh well. I still like my little village!

I, unfortunately, did not play Snow Wars the first time. :( I remember having a weird hiatus around that time, because I was going to school.

Untitled.png

Edited by HeartJacker13

Wow, some forts are really pretty! Particularly love the hedges :lol: 

I kinde like my fort from 2013 better. I missed the last few days of the event, otherwise I might've changed a few things, like adding more trees and putting the snow wall around the whole fort.

fort2013.png

fort2018.png