Lumos Rose

Show Your 2018 Snow Wars Fort

1 minute ago, anetofstars said:

Question: how are you folks building the square stone tower forts with the round towers, please and thanks?

They're a tent upgrade I believe.

2m3p8k6.png

I'm quite happy with my fort, even though planning it on a 17x17 board was a bit difficult when I originally wanted to go for symmetry. Let's pretend that maze is functional, okay, and NOT just there to be pretty. I wish the Xmas trees at the corners didn't glitch with the walls, but oh well. (I'd also like being able to place banners in those towers, but other than that, it's just as I want it.) That orange thing peeking behind Claudius is a Magi for scooping up resources; not aesthetically matching my vision but way too handy to let go.

I mostly REALLY wanted a moat. 

Snow Wars 2.JPG

Edited by Nimras
Attached old image

Honestly..I think mine looks really lame and plain in comparison to everyone else. ><;

WB

Capture.JPG

Decorating? What's decorating?

war.PNG.4223da26008dfaf31a104c9abdaf2d78.PNG

(it got completely obliterated an hour after I took this screenshot)

Sooo, I caved and flattened my old fort to build Snowa's Cat Fort aka "Stronghold of the Crazy Cat Lady" 

5voFQNg.png

I hope the gifts that you don't claim stick around. I'd love for this to be the last result...with more presents...

UKxhwxS.png

How sweet. White and gold dragons in love with each other...although it looks like there's a white and gold still deciding.

I also like how the White and Gold inside the fort got a gift of the same colour behind them. Lucky!

Edit: Final Version

yb105dF.png

I can smile at that. Hope the presents stay.

Edit #2
I didn't know that if I had the chess stuff down it could cover the stuff that was above it 😢

6PBjW5H.png
I can never look at this again

Edited by warriorjames
Update image

2 hours ago, seshat1407 said:

Sooo, I caved and flattened my old fort to build Snowa's Cat Fort aka "Stronghold of the Crazy Cat Lady" 

5voFQNg.png

That's amazing and now I have fort envy. 

LXmEL7a.png

Claudius has made some new friends. Please don't tell him that they're not real. Snowa's tried to make things a bit more festive with snowmen and Christmas trees but I don't think he's got the hang of it.

I like the helicopters but they take up way too much space compared with how they look. Also does this mean helicopters are canon in DC now and we can write descriptions featuring them? /s

Edited by Chaos Rider

Here's mine. I like to think its like a scavenger hunt, picking all those gifts up around the maze!

snowwars.png

That maze is awesome! :D I thought about one since I saw the hedge parts, but I lack imagination to actually create one myself.

Some pretty impressive designs here! I changed my fort around a bit, Claudius' rock garden turned into flowers and I left only the trebuchets in the castle. Pretty happy with it now! Also the Magi and White statue additions are amazing and sooo useful.

snowfort.jpg.dd8ad6ef6f8976b5b0e7646416481086.jpg

@seshat1407 All those kitties... I'm in love 😍

Mine ended up quite different from my first "final" version! My cabins in the woods have a little ice-ring for all the birdies and a garden for a lovely Christmas tree and all the presents.

1405336946_Capturadepantalla2019-01-03alas11_38_45.thumb.png.c30045b835b71abaaac53f8a423e62e0.png

It feels a little crowded though, I'm debating deleting some of the presents. I'm not sure. 

these are fantastic!! I'm still fiddling with mine, trying to get presents to spawn where i want 'em. I'll post a pic as soon as I work out how to get one

So many nice forts, here!  Creative and inspiring.  🙂  I especially like the hedge mazes, winding river, the moat, the penguin ice skating rink, the castles and cabins embedded in the forest, Claudius opening presents, snowman seeking head and reaching for a pumpkin, gardens, rock gardens, and snowcat stronghold! 

Mine, as it likely to remain, although the army tent is a little out of place now that I tore down my weapons.  Claudius holds court with many bird friends!:

20190103_004643.jpg.095e2d6438df3d8313dc758c09e271c1.jpg 

Loving the idea of this thread!

And all these forts are amazing :wub:

Here's mine, before and after the 'Encore':

Spoiler

149nl9x.png

Spoiler

izlw1g.png   30t6zva.png

I had a lot of fun in this event, hoping you all are having fun too!!

snowfort.png.4f326b571fb79852622f9b79e8c9b4b0.png

I'm pretty happy with mine! I didn't have time to even DO the event until the encore, so this is probably going to be the final version.

I really wish the presents would stick around ;w;

53 minutes ago, Aithne-Onik said:

I really wish the presents would stick around ;w;

If I remember correctly, in the main thread of the event TJ said they will stay where you leave them :D

I think this will be my final version. Added some encore items, most notably flowers. Still holding on to that cozy hut in the woods theme though.

FHgkboC.png

Pre-encore:

AXArPIl.png

I think the added decorations brought quite a bit of life to this one!

Edited by Nagapie