Lumos Rose

Show Your 2018 Snow Wars Fort

20 minutes ago, RockChick said:

I still can't figure out how to get print/sysrq up and ys I am.

Hm, well. Its not bad.

I say more trees if you want it to be more forestry or maybe make a nice garden with the hedges and tree/plants. Also! You can fancy up your stone walls with the icing from the gingerbread page and wreaths

Less weapons when you are done fighting people unless you can work some of them in to the design like I did with my reindeer and helicopter. 

(And if there any part of my fort you like, you can use it and perhaps twink you get a better idea. :D)

edit: you need to open up paint and hit paste then the screenshot you took should show up. (If you are on windows.)

on windows start paint is under windows accessories

Edited by Lady Dragoon

I posted this in the news thread but here it is again -- this will probably be the final version of my fort, though I'll remove the weapons tomorrow.

Dragon Cave snow fort v4.png

6 hours ago, Herk said:

s2vd5h.png

I like to imagine the same hut in the summer/spring when the snow/ice walls are just walls, the trees have leaves and the blank ground is all grass :)

Also the inside of the hut is 4lj1jq.jpg from two years ago :D

With the new available base updates my tent is now the outhouse right at a small creek :D - not enough changes to update but I had to share the thought. Also somehow the reindeer changed its size and doesnt fit anymore where it stood for days, so minor meddling was necessary 

2 hours ago, RockChick said:

I don't think I've got paint...

I've tarted it up a bit now, do you think it's better?

Yes, I say it's much better now. :D

Edit: Yea, I upgrade my tent to actually keep now. I see the front door when I enter it.

Edited by Lady Dragoon

Thanks, accidentally found out how to upgrade the base too, might still change it a bit more before tomorrow and remove the weapons.  Does anyone know when the event will end time & day ?

3 hours ago, RockChick said:

Thanks, accidentally found out how to upgrade the base too, might still change it a bit more before tomorrow and remove the weapons.  Does anyone know when the event will end time & day ?

No problem and Dec 31 at 11:59 PM.

Edited by Lady Dragoon

i think mine looks like some sort of temple? or something?? i pretty much just did what i thought looked good 

Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 11.49.37 PM.png

I like the mazes people are making with the hedges.  :)

As for me - I think every year in every game I make the same mistake of deciding what to build waaaayyy too early, and then I don't want to break it to try all the other ideas that come up later. (We need a "save variant" feature! XD )

Here's my castle. The green crystal (?) things are just too pretty to destroy. Sadly, the tree trunks never grow where I want them. And it bothers me a little that the Aegis can't sit in the center of the castle. Anyway... castle! Garden! Dragons! Yay!

2018castle02edit.png

This year is actually the first time I've participated in Christmas Holiday dragons/events so I was stoked to try it out.  I know my fort isn't the most clean or creative but penguins are LITERALLY my most favorite animal in the ENTIRE UNIVERSE so I kinda went crazy with "Battle Penguins" 💥 🐧

I'm sorry if it looks messy but it's the best I can do!😅

Snow Wars 2 Dragon Cave.png

@Confused Cat

I absolutely love your idea to keep the green Crystal thingies! I wish I had had this idea, too!  Oh, and congrats for the other thing :D

Here's mine!

snowfort.jpg.66d9074c2d551d1e5a77caa7c593025e.jpg

I'm getting so many new ideas from this thread, so I just keep changing it all the time. Claudius has their own rock farm and a cottage, and the visiting Script has built an igloo in the forest to stay in. They live near a castle and maybe Claudius sometimes helps the castle folk with small problems easily solved with magic. The castle has an old garden that Claudius takes care of, currently it only has one decorated pine tree, but in the summer the bushes are filled with berries and the hedges full of fragrant flowers. 

4 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

[...]

As for me - I think every year in every game I make the same mistake of deciding what to build waaaayyy too early, and then I don't want to break it to try all the other ideas that come up later. (We need a "save variant" feature! XD )

[...]

I agree SO MUCH! XD Especially as I can never resist trying to cram all the newly unlocked stuff in later, an it ends up looking cluttered. XD

Some last changes, and I think I'll leave it now:

snowwars2_31.png.65f6455e4f19f6270e9aafc77aa94072.png

5 hours ago, SamuelMaybird said:

My fort is completed! Used the concept of the battle ground not being self contained but a snapshot of an area.

Screenshot_20181231-021614.png

It looks so cool! I love the river