Jet Raptor

ANSWERED:Snow Wars - unable to rotate castle gate

Hi.  o/

As the title suggests, I can't rotate the castle gate. I click to spawn one in, and it's facing the opposite direction as it's depicted in the menu. Surely that means it CAN be rotated, but right-clicking does nothing.

Please send help, thank you.

I've had some problems with rotations too, but I've found it does work... it just a bit sticky and doesn't seem to work on the first try. What I've been doing is taking the object out of bounds (so it's red), and right-clicking repeatedly until it rotates. Then I just rotate it to where I need it and then place it~

24 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

I've had some problems with rotations too, but I've found it does work... it just a bit sticky and doesn't seem to work on the first try. What I've been doing is taking the object out of bounds (so it's red), and right-clicking repeatedly until it rotates. Then I just rotate it to where I need it and then place it~

Thank you! it does work!!!

Taking it out of bounds doesn't seem to work for me. Unless I need to click hundreds of times...I just took it into the red and mashed right-click and still nothing happened.  :c

The castle gate, so far, has been the only object I can't seem to rotate. Everything else that I've placed I've been able to rotate (if it's able to be rotated).

EDIT:  In case it helps, I'm using Chrome.

Edited by Jet Raptor

8 minutes ago, Jet Raptor said:

Taking it out of bounds doesn't seem to work for me. Unless I need to click hundreds of times...I just took it into the red and mashed right-click and still nothing happened.  :c

The castle gate, so far, has been the only object I can't seem to rotate. Everything else that I've placed I've been able to rotate (if it's able to be rotated).

EDIT:  In case it helps, I'm using Chrome.

I'm using Chrome as well.

From my experience, the amount of click it takes before something becomes 'unstuck' seems to vary, even when rotating the same item. I've had instances where it only took a few right-clicks, and I've had others that it took nearly a minute spamming right-click to get an object to rotate. I don't think it needs to specifically be out of bounds, I just take it there because right-clicking while it's over an open space automatically puts the object down without rotating it.

Taking it out of bounds just assures I don't accidentally put it down before I'm ready. I'm guessing it still works as long as the object is highlighted red, meaning it can't be placed in that space.

As far as I can tell, the castle gate doesn't actually rotate. I haven't been able to rotate it myself and I haven't seen anyone with it rotated in their forts. 

5 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

As far as I can tell, the castle gate doesn't actually rotate. I haven't been able to rotate it myself and I haven't seen anyone with it rotated in their forts. 

DDD:

I hope that's not the case. It's shown in the menu one way and spawns in the other way. I need it the same way as it is in the menu. Hopefully it is just a bug that needs to be squished. I don't think I've even seen any castle gates in other forts, though I don't battle as much now that I'm level 50.

Yup, the display image shows the castle gate facing toward the right, but using it spawns the object facing the left.

Same, can't rotate on Firefox, bf can't on Chrome, just Opera seems to work (and correctly). Better than nothing but that's still too bad that 2 of like the most frequently used browsers are the incompatibile ones...

Edited by VixenDra

UPDATE: I tried again and I can now rotate items on my desktop! (Mac in Safari). 1. Select item; 2. Select Move; 3. Right click on the item and it will rotate. 

I can't rotate any items in Safari on Mac even when right clicking. The only workaround I have found is to place some items on the board and then go to my iPad and use the tablet (which is awkward; playing the game on the tablet is awkward for me as it doesn't work as smoothly) which has a rotate option if you click on "move" then click on the "rotate" option.  But I have not been able to simply rotate items on the desktop. I have tried right clicking and it doesn't work for me. 

ETA: It now works for me! See "update" above. Thank you.

Edited by missy_

I just want to note that if you can't rotate ANYTHING, make sure you don't have an addon that affects or triggers on right click. In my case, it was Snaplinks. I just disable it when I'm working on my fort now.

On 12/27/2018 at 9:52 PM, Keileon said:

I just want to note that if you can't rotate ANYTHING, make sure you don't have an addon that affects or triggers on right click. In my case, it was Snaplinks. I just disable it when I'm working on my fort now.

OMG, that worked! I have Linkclump, and turned it off, and now I can rotate! *Snoopy dances* Yay!

I've tried all of the mentioned fixes, and I still can't rotate the gate. As far as I know, none of my addons do anything on right-click.

I can rotate gates now!  \o/

Is it fixed for other people, too?