SkylerFarrier

Cannot Access Scroll Page

Starting at 3a server time, I have been unable to access my scroll. I can click on the Account tab, Trading, etc, but when I try to view my scroll directly I get the familiar tombstone "RIP An error has happened" page.

I can also view my dragons via workaround (Teleport, click on the Magi, click on an egg/hatchling).

I can also view my scroll through the username link (dragcave.net/user/username), but dragcave.net/dragons seems to be broken, making it difficult when I want to Incubate several eggs since there's no drop-down menu for "BSA" on the username link.

I've been having this occur recently too on Firefox version 64.0 these past few days. I use the Disable Javascript and Ghostery - Privacy Ad Blocker extension when AP/Cave hunting, which might be causing some conflicts as I've found the toggling the javascript on and off again seems to fix it.

If you have any browser extensions that disable webpage features like javascript, ads or scripts try turning them off and reloading your page. Re-enable if preferred.

I do have adblock but I've got it disabled on DC because I haven't noticed any intrusive or foul ads and it's for a good cause.

I've only got one other extension and disabling that didn't seem to have an effect.

Edit: Wait, no, I also have NoCoin and that seems to have been the case.

It definitely is for a good cause to have DC whitelisted! If my internet was faster I'd keep DC whitelisted full time.

From a quick Google search, it seems like cryptocurrency browser mining uses some form of Javascript which NoCoin blocks. Since toggling the extension that disables Javascript worked for me, and toggling NoCoin worked for you, there might be something with the blocked Javascript elements causing the errors which resolves when Javascript is allowed again? I don't really know if that's what was going on, but at least it fixed the issue.

Regardless, I'm glad you were able to resolve the error page! Losing access to the /dragons page made for navigating DC a little tedious. :lol: