Fuzzbucket

ANSWERED:Truce time at end of event

Can we please have - say - 24 hours at the end of the snow wars to tidy up our forts ? I know TJ has said the forts will be preserved as if they'd not been damaged - but at what point ? I keep being about to place something and finding I'll need to repair before I can do so, and so on.

yes, i totally support this. i want to be sure i can remove all the weaponry and decorate, without having to keep repairing things. 

My full support here!!

When we wanna change something it has to be intact.

It happened to me twice already that, while trying to restructure, an attack happened and I had to invest resources again to be able to even touch it. 

I don't want to waste resources like that - especially when I don't know yet what I wanna have standing there in the end xD

Also the "health-bars" are not really helping me to 'picture' the whole picture ;) They are distracting when I try to build. Therefore again, I would need constant repairs. 

IF we knew, we get some "white-flag-time" granted in the end, we could peacefully have a quite enjoyable Fortress building time. :)

Like switching from war-and-destruction-mode into peace-and-reparations-mode xD

I don't think it would do any harm at all. :3 On the contrary :D

Edited by Belisar

I would love to see this. Decorating involves moving things, and I don’t want to spend resources to rebuild things just so I can move them around.

Edited by missy_

Particularly as then one could get rid of all the weapons and instead one can buy stuff just for decoration.

Supporting this! It would be great to have some uninterrupted time to build. I keep running out of stone because of repairs. XD

Alternatively, on the last day players could be given an option to "hide" their fort; a hidden fort could not be attacked or attack anyone else, allowing the player to build with their hourly drops uninterrupted while other players who are more interested in battle can still use that time to fight and be attacked.

Edited by infiniteviking

Support! Very much!

Edit: Even another solution would be welcome. Since the event is 7 days long, perhaps 2 or 3 of those could be "truce" days - so we can thoroughly enjoy the decorating aspect of the event! Or have an option that unlocks at level 50 "Raise White Flag", which permanently removes the user from the war. A warning, of course, that they can also no longer take part in war after raising the flag. Maybe double the hourly drops (1 rock/bush/tree, 1 present) for those no longer participating, or just allow them to freely decorate..

I'm pretty close to my resource goals now, thanks to Update 4, so will probably be dismantling the war machines tomorrow. Hoping for some sort of option for peaceful building for everyone.

Sorry to whomever the "random" option has sent me to hit - it's all in a "necessary evil" sort of way.

Edited by 13310

Yes please! I do want to keep my weapons up, but I would also like to add more decorations, which I'm not right now since we're still at war and all. :) 

But my trebuchet array is ready to crush the lot of you...

In all seriousness though, support.  Either that, or grant one day of cease-fire AND automatic full repairs to allow for moving things around without resource penalty.  However, since gameplay tweaks are still ongoing as per recent updates, it's possible that this may not be necessary once things are more finalized.

I like Lyzar's idea about automatic full repairs in addition to the day of cease-fire. I'd like the chance to fix up my decorations, too. :) Full support. 

What I want MOST is to be able to move things that I haven't the resources to repair, so I can't !

I would also appreciate extra time after "war" to make repairs and decorate.

I'd be okay with this and think it'd be a good idea, especially since I've seen some frustration and people abandoning the event, which I think is a shame. 

Full support from me! It seems like my fort is constantly under attack, so I barely have enough resources to repair the decorations I have and purchase more. I also have too many tiny decorations placed in weird spots, so actually getting at them for repairs requires moving other decorations and ruining the look of my fort. I've deleted a ton of walls by accident because I can't tell what exactly I'm clicking. So it's a big mess right now.

I'd really like to support this idea too.  "All we are saying is give peace a chance..."🙄