TemmieFlakes

not being able to place walls (event)

i moved a snow wall and a snow wall corner over to destroy something, and i couldn't put them back in there (i dunno how to use all the different kinds of 'there' ) original places? it wasn't red or anything but when i clicked it didnt place (i clicked multiple times), so i destroyed them, but i still cant put anything there, help??

I've noticed that sometimes you can't place things if your curser is too close to something else that's already placed, because it registers it as you trying to place something in a spot that's already occupied. To work around this, I've sometimes had to move things in front of the thing I want to place, then go back in and rearrange later. Build the back first and work forward, if that makes sense. Let me know if this works. 

1 hour ago, TemmieFlakes said:

wait what

This isn't a very helpful response because it doesn't tell me what you want further clarification on. 

I'll try explaining again. If you place a tall item, for example, and the image partially obscures some of the empty spaces behind it, you might have trouble placing things in those spaces because you can't click them directly (because the tall item is covering the squares). This might be why you couldn't add the walls you moved - because you weren't able to directly click the space you wanted to put it in. I had this problem earlier when moving my walls and it meant I had to start with the walls at the back (northwest), then build forward (southeast). If you want to place items close to each other, start with the ones that are going to be in the northwest of the field. Sometimes you have to move other items out of the way to place things where you want them, then put the other things back.

If you still want further clarification about what I mean, please try to be a little bit more specific when you post so I know exactly how I can help.