DragonLady86

Snow wars level/progress reverting

I had my level clear up to 25 and I'm back to 14.    Seen others post about this, and also losing things they had already built.  Is there a fix for this in progress?

Yeah, um.. I was level 10 last night, now I'm level 3, and lost several of the cannons I built. I want to play the game, but not if I'm gonna lose progress all the time.

True. Although I kept my level, I lost my gumdrops. They just poofed. :blink:

ETA: Or not? I seem to have two more ice than before, which is what you should get when destroying them. (Half their original price, rounded up.) Still, I don't remember getting rid of them. :( 

Edited by olympe

Have you tried a hard refresh? Or singing in on another browser/device? Does that restore anything?

My levels were still set when I checked this morning, and I just maxed out my level. I'll see if it reverts.

Haven't had this issue on my computer but any levels gained on mobile from battling don't seem to carry over. Got to level 50 on my phone to circumvent the softlock issue, come back to my computer, and I'm still level 46.

I just refreshed to get around the softlock issue and I'm now level 28 and missing all my carefully placed decor when I was level 50 and had finished off my fort.

e: To clarify, this is all on the same browser and tab. A simple refresh destroyed my progress.

Edited by Guillotine

7 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

I just refreshed to get around the softlock issue and I'm now level 28 and missing all my carefully placed decor when I was level 50 and had finished off my fort.

e: To clarify, this is all on the same browser and tab. A simple refresh destroyed my progress.

I see right now that you are level 50 and have been for a while. Where are you seeing level 28?

8 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

I see right now that you are level 50 and have been for a while. Where are you seeing level 28?

When I posted that, I was at level 28 and had to rebuild everything, with my first priority being getting back to fifty. I'm fifty now, because everything also reverted to being destroyed, but I spent a bit at 28 with nothing left.

Edited by Guillotine

1 minute ago, Guillotine said:

When I posted that, I was at level 28 and had to rebuild everything, with my first priority being getting back to fifty. I'm fifty now, because everything also reverted to being destroyed, but I spent a bit at 28 with nothing left.

I have logs of every save that occurred, and there is no point at which your experience went backwards. Sounds like your browser wasn't saving for a long period of time for some reason, but that also sounds pretty bizarre.

2 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

I have logs of every save that occurred, and there is no point at which your experience went backwards. Sounds like your browser wasn't saving for a long period of time for some reason, but that also sounds pretty bizarre.

It's still reverting item placement and repairs in a new tab, I'm just now still level 50. Clearing cache didn't help.

I'm not going to bother trying again. It's not worth spending twenty minutes making **** look right if it just gets deleted.

I, too, add my name to this growing list of absolute deletion of all progress made. I hit level 50, was ready to start finally having fun making some neat stuff, and now, upon coming back to the event after eating dinner, find I am at level 4.

This is, understandably, infuriating.

I just found that my item placement was reverted back to an earlier point from today. Items like the stone castle walls/towers and the chess kings I bought a couple hours ago are now gone, and instead my resources went back up as if they were never bought. I'm currently at level 50 if that helps. 

8 hours ago, helix9 said:

I just found that my item placement was reverted back to an earlier point from today. Items like the stone castle walls/towers and the chess kings I bought a couple hours ago are now gone, and instead my resources went back up as if they were never bought. I'm currently at level 50 if that helps. 

Did you try clearing your cache? Perhaps you're having the issue TJ mentioned above about your browser not showing the saved data. Trying the usual things like clearing your cache, logging out and back in, trying a different browser, etc. is all I can think of that might help. 

I just lost basically everything. My levels, my timber, stone, and crystal access. My stone towers, siege towers, catapults, snow cannons. Trees, lamps, bridge, all gone. I cleared my cache and logged back in and it's still all disappeared. I know that it must have been in the system at some point, because I used my weaponry to attack other forts and it caused damage so it must have registered somewhere. I hope it can be fixed because I put hours of works into it and I don't think I have the heart to start all over again.

19 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Surely the saves are on the server - or we couldn't move from one devoice to another. It shouldn't get lost through BROWSER error...

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Surely the saves are on the server - or we couldn't move from one devoice to another. It shouldn't get lost through BROWSER error...

If your computer isn't successfully telling the server what you've been doing, then the server never knows what progress you've made.

That's why I've made the saving process much more visible, with a spinner to let you know that saving has happened (if it never goes away, then you're very likely going to lose progress) and a popup when things fail.

8 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

Did you try clearing your cache? Perhaps you're having the issue TJ mentioned above about your browser not showing the saved data. Trying the usual things like clearing your cache, logging out and back in, trying a different browser, etc. is all I can think of that might help. 

The troubleshooting didn't help, so it was probably due to my browser not uploading the progress to the server. Luckily I've been adding new stuff to my fort and I've been seeing that new save spinner working, and everything is looking stable. Thanks all! 👍

16 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

If your computer isn't successfully telling the server what you've been doing, then the server never knows what progress you've made.

That's why I've made the saving process much more visible, with a spinner to let you know that saving has happened (if it never goes away, then you're very likely going to lose progress) and a popup when things fail.

Ah thanks - - so that warning I got - "save failed" - was for REAL !

The game kept giving me new things, both resources and access to new items. I also recently used those items to attack another fort. I saw the damage register when I attacked it with catapults and siege towers I don't even have access to right now. I don't understand how I could interact and change other people's forts if the system didn't acknowledge the new resources and weaponry I had.

ETA: I know it's probably not possible to restore precise things, even though they've interacted with other people, but I wish that, even without the resources coming back, access to the items could be restored. At least then it would just be about saving for the items to rebuild what I had, but now I have to actually go back through the entire process of building stuff I'm not going to use just so I can demolish it to get the things I actually want to keep,

Edited by skauble