Sign in to follow this  
Twimm

Do you consider prize dragons to be holiday themed?

They seem to be in a gray area. On one hand, they were first released in December, around the time of the holiday event. And "Tinsel" is a pretty holiday-ish name. The Shimmers really don't have many holiday characteristics in their design, though, and the obvious difference - you can breed prizes outside of the holiday breeding season.

It was a relatively recent change (to me) that prizes would be given in raffles every month as opposed to the end of the year, so I guess I always saw them as sort of related to holiday things, particularly the Tinsels. I'm curious if that is true for anyone else, or if I'm just an oddball.

Sidenote: Happy holidays, everyone!

Nowadays Tinsels don't have a holiday vibe for me personally... the laurel crown reminds me more of Julius Caesar (and how he was depicted in the Asterix cartoons) :rolleyes:

Shimmers look like the embodiment of chinese new year to me (which is mostly due to their pose and them being eastern style dragons).

They are all beautiful though!

Actually, they weren't released in December, but sometime in January, I think.

21 hours ago, Soulsborne said:

Shimmers look like the embodiment of chinese new year to me (which is mostly due to their pose and them being eastern style dragons).

This. Tinsels only seem vaguely holiday-ish to me because of the crown. But I don't consider them holiday dragons like I do, say, Hollies.

No. The only connecting aspect is the Western's names, which I personally connected more to the fact that they were released as prizes for a tree decorating contest. The crowns are shaped more like the laurels given to victors, after all.

Nah, if the theme for them was more Christmassy, then yeah, but they don’t have much on them to resemble a holiday. The tinsel aspect looks more like a plant to me.

I personally feel like there's a little bit of holiday vibes in the Tinsel dragons, but not as much as the actual holiday breeds. The name 'Tinsel' reminds me of Christmas and their crowns and the wreaths around their tails seem pretty festive too.

I don't consider them to be holiday themed at all because they aren't only breedable during holiday events like other, more obviously holiday themed dragons. Before I saw this thread it had never crossed my mind that they could be holiday themed, even with the name "tinsel" XD

I guess without context for them, I wouldn't consider the sprites very holiday like.

But at least Tinsels, for me, are forever linked to the holiday season because of the first raffle being based on decorating Christmas trees.

Sign in to follow this