Kaityn

****SNOW WARS****

I got something shortly after every hour. (Cleared your cache?) Although none of them were snow drifts. One looked like a bunch of fir branches on the ground, another was a present (with icicles and snow in it). I forgot what the first one after leveling looked like, though.

ETA: Is there a level above 50?

Edited by olympe

Sorry, I've just started the snow war and I'm at level 1.

If I get hit, does the snow bar refill? Or do I have to wait 1 hour?

I mean, I built up a little wall and a cannon, but I deleted the cannon trying to move it in another place and I don't have any weapon right now.😥

Edited by devil.92

18 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm not getting ANY new snowdrifts or anything to destroy and earn from :( Not for HOURS now.

I just wanted to check if I can see anything on your playing field by attacking you but apparently that is not possible because your scroll is hidden? So I can just give you the standard answer: hard refresh, clearing cache, switching browser/devices and see if that helps.

Edit: With the new fix TJ put in I could actually do that and I don't see anything either. :(

9 minutes ago, devil.92 said:

Sorry, I've just started the snow war and I'm at level 1.

If I get hit, does the snow bar refill? Or do I have to wait 1 hour?

You will have to wait for the next drop of resources at the top of the hour.

Edited by MiaLily
new possibilities

can anybody else hit damaged objects? if an object has already been damaged and I target it with my snow cannon, nothing happens; the object takes no damage and my cannon doesn't grey out like it's been used. this means that I have to do a *lot* of random battles looking for objects that haven't already been damaged--and also means I have no way of destroying objects, because my cannons seem to ever only do 1 point of damage.

My scroll is NOT hidden, and hasn't been all day. But I am still not seeing anything to destroy.

31 minutes ago, olympe said:

The problem with the refund is that it's only part of what you paid for building. The snow cannons, for example, cost 5 snow - but you only get 3 snow refund on a damaged one. You also need to pay 3 snow to repair it.

repair = -3 snow; +1 exp (just added by tj) but can't re-use it until the cd is up

refund = +3 snow -> build new = -5 snow -> net = -2 snow and you get to use it immediately as it has a fresh cd

so a very slight benefit in refunding + building anew compared to just repairing

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

My scroll is NOT hidden, and hasn't been all day. But I am still not seeing anything to destroy.

yeah i just checked your scroll ('flurp') and there's nothing on there... strange. i don't think it's on your end because it says that the resources accumulate even when you're not playing. might help to post it as a bug.

Edited by -----

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

But you're hiding your adults. (I know, not the same but maybe that was the reason.) ANYWAY, whatever it was, it's fixed now and your problem might need to be reported as a bug?

4 minutes ago, elynne said:

can anybody else hit damaged objects? if an object has already been damaged and I target it with my snow cannon, nothing happens; the object takes no damage and my cannon doesn't grey out like it's been used. this means that I have to do a *lot* of random battles looking for objects that haven't already been damaged--and also means I have no way of destroying objects, because my cannons seem to ever only do 1 point of damage.

You can't hit damaged objects (well, you technically can). Looking for forts that have undamaged objects is a bit of a hassle, but TJ said, he's probably going to fix it at one point.

Different objects give different amount of XP but I found that I only needed to hit most things once to destroy them fully and get the XP.

OK - so I unhid my adults - no change. Oh well.

I, on the other hand, am getting destroyed faster than I can build anything.

Plus, I need wood to repair the tent which I can't even get yet.

And just one tiny pile of snow per hour just doesn't help much.

Attacking random forts only gets me ruins that are already snowed into the ground by others so zero XP for me.

This thing is stupid, time for the family. :dry:

17 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

OK - so I unhid my adults - no change. Oh well.

Sorry, I meant that TJ changed something so I could actually try to attack you specifically and I also couldn't see anything in the way of resources on your scroll so like I've said, probably report it as a bug?

15 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I, on the other hand, am getting destroyed faster than I can build anything.

Plus, I need wood to repair the tent which I can't even get yet.

And just one tiny pile of snow per hour just doesn't help much.

That's exactly what I was concerned about in the 'Holiday thread'... Try to attack my fort. ;)

I've got like nine cannons, used them all hitting both walls and other cannons, did not destroy a single one--just did 1 hp of damage to each thing, then couldn't hit them again. GRUMPH. at least I seem to be getting xp from other people attacking my fort. XD

4 minutes ago, elynne said:

I've got like nine cannons, used them all hitting both walls and other cannons, did not destroy a single one--just did 1 hp of damage to each thing, then couldn't hit them again. GRUMPH. at least I seem to be getting xp from other people attacking my fort. XD

if you can't hit something, that means it's broken and you did indeed destroy it - you can see whether something's destroyed by the empty grey bar below/above it. 

for those who don't have much time to grind exp, tbh i'd just wait until tj patches in the change where forts with no damageable targets won't show up in "random".

Huh seems other people keep attacking forts with nothing to attack too XD I literally just have cannons, since the walls don’t seem to connect properly, asthetics aren’t possible right now 

Well, I used to have around 30 (?) or so snow cannons, several have been refunded by now as I'm at level 50 and didn't get my level to 51 despite firing all of my remaining 24 cannons. If someone wants to shoot down the rest of my cannons, feel free to do so, I'm going to refund them anyway. Just as a heads-up. :) Also, I'd love to know if the gumdrops can be damaged by now, so shoot away.

52 minutes ago, ----- said:

repair = -3 snow; +1 exp (just added by tj) but can't re-use it until the cd is up

refund = +3 snow -> build new = -5 snow -> net = -2 snow and you get to use it immediately as it has a fresh cd

so a very slight benefit in refunding + building anew compared to just repairing

This is a very good point, now that damaged cannons are, indeed, unable to shoot. 

Edited by olympe

yep, unfortunately tj had to fix that bug :/

my snow cannons don't seem to do anything to gumdrops, but maybe other weapons might?

Hah, well this snow war is more funnier than the first one... only because I figure out what to do and actually did stuff. :lol:

Wow, it initially took me so long to find a base that wasn't already destroyed but now that I've found a few I'm having fun! :)

Just now, Twimm said:

Does anyone know how many days this game will be available to play?

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing 3 days since that's how long the holiday eggs will be out

I'm going to close this for now since we have the news thread to discuss snow wars in - please keep the discussion there for the time being. 

You can post problems to help.