Kaityn

****SNOW WARS****

Snow Wars was one of the first DC holiday events that I was around to enjoy, so this year's event is a big old slice of nostalgia for me.

Come gather round the fire, show off your fort, and (of course) pick a snowball fight!

Here's what mine looks like so far:

Kaityn_fort.png

Lol, looking good. Although I have to admit that I started with full-on offence for quick leveling. :) Let's see what resources the next hour brings. Right now, maximum level is indeed 50.

I noticed that the different things have different HP and give differing amounts of XP. It seems like this (for now):

regular snow cannon: does 3 HP damage, has 3 HP or less, gives 1 XP when destroyed.

Rudolph cannon: damage ???,  has 8 HP and gives 8 XP when destroyed. This means you need to shoot it three times with a regular snow cannon in order to bring it down.

snow walls (straight and corner), as well as the tent have 3 HP each and give 3 XP each.

snow Ballista: damage ???, has 5 HP, gives 5 XP

gum drops: can't be destroyed? At least that's my experience.

Snowman: Forgot. I think it got me 1 XP after 1 shot.

Also, I don't know where to report this, but apparently, damaged snow cannons can still fire... And I had lots of mine destroyed so I could repair the others. XD 

ETA: This bug has been fixed.

Edited by olympe

regular snow cannon: does 3 HP damage, has 3 HP or less, gives 1 XP when destroyed.

Rudolph cannon: damage ???,  has 8 HP and gives 8 XP when destroyed. This means you need to shoot it three times with a regular snow cannon in order to bring it down.

snow walls (straight and corner), as well as the tent have 3 HP each and give 3 XP each.

Oooh, thanks for that! I know what to aim for when attacking :D

I didn't even think about the faster leveling! That's a good point; I'll probably leave the decor that I have, but focus on weapons for now while I'm still leveling. :)

yep, i went 100% offense and am now lv 23 having spent like 160 snow lmao

i absolutely love this event; i might compile a table or something of all the diff objects if enough info (hp, xp, dmg) can be gathered..

Edited by -----

Every hour. Unlike the resource drops though, it's not at the top of the hour but rather 60 minutes after the last use.

5 minutes ago, Sethiss said:

How do you get ice and sticks? I'm only getting snow resources on the hour.

i think you have to level up (to 10, 20, etc) and unlock items that cost those resources, before you can obtain them

Just now, AikoTheOctoling said:

what exactly does rudolph cannon do? i cant figure it out

i literally *just* bought one and seems like it can't attack; it's just there to look pretty. it has 8 hp (so 3x snow cannon hits) + gives 8 xp, so just about not worth hitting compared to snow walls + tents (which give 3 xp for 1 snow cannnon hit). 

3 minutes ago, ----- said:

i literally *just* bought one and seems like it can't attack; it's just there to look pretty. it has 8 hp (so 3x snow cannon hits) + gives 8 xp, so just about not worth hitting compared to snow walls + tents (which give 3 xp for 1 snow cannnon hit). 

aw, thats a shame. i thought youd be able to attack with it, considering its under “weaponry” lol

Has anyone tried the other weapons? Right now, things seem quite buggy, so I prefer to keep to my snow cannons. Which even shoot despite being hit. :D 

Well, I am completely confused. First, is there any way to mute the music? Also, when I went to bed last night I only had, like, one cannon and one wall plus the tent. Now, when I logged in this morning, I have a bunch of walls and cannons?

1 minute ago, Raikielia said:

Well, I am completely confused. First, is there any way to mute the music? Also, when I went to bed last night I only had, like, one cannon and one wall plus the tent. Now, when I logged in this morning, I have a bunch of walls and cannons?

So I don't know for every browser, but for chrome, I right clicked on the tab and selected "mute tab." It even remembered the setting after being shut off overnight.

Not sure about why you had extra stuff - I had a lot of snow piles when I logged back in, but no extra walls or cannons... I do feel the event is a tad buggy so lucky bug?

4 minutes ago, Raikielia said:

Do you have someone else in your family who playes - and might have logged in while you were in bed? In this case, maybe you accidentally went to their account?

4 minutes ago, Kaityn said:

So I don't know for every browser, but for chrome, I right clicked on the tab and selected "mute tab." It even remembered the setting after being shut off overnight.

Not sure about why you had extra stuff - I had a lot of snow piles when I logged back in, but no extra walls or cannons... I do feel the event is a tad buggy so lucky bug?

Ah, thanks, that worked.

2 minutes ago, olympe said:

Do you have someone else in your family who playes - and might have logged in while you were in bed? In this case, maybe you accidentally went to their account?

Nope, I'm the only one that plays.

Since this game seems to be creeping with bugs, I started a bug report thread in the help section. ^_^ If anyone wants to join me there...

Also re

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

When do these cannons recharge?

I might be wrong, but the recharge seems to happen a little before the hour is up.

Edited by olympe

23 minutes ago, olympe said:

Has anyone tried the other weapons? Right now, things seem quite buggy, so I prefer to keep to my snow cannons. Which even shoot despite being hit. :D 

i just tried the siege tower, it damages a 4 by 3 area (if i counted correctly) no idea on damage or anything else though

4 to the side or from front to back? XD I want to figure out how to best use the available space to get as few hits as possible with this thing.

38 minutes ago, olympe said:

I tried the Ice Ballista and it damages a 5 by 1 area but I only got it to work from front to back not left to right. (Is that understandable? I don't know how to express that better in English. XD )

1 minute ago, olympe said:

4 to the side or from front to back? XD I want to figure out how to best use the available space to get as few hits as possible with this thing.

Cheeky! I tried to space my Snow Cannons out a bit after I found out about the Ice Ballista... In the end it doesn't really matter if anything is damaged except that you apparently can't move damaged items around.

22 minutes ago, olympe said:

4 to the side i think? its hard to explain huh XD 

oh and.. lets see if i can explain this properly.. it cant go through stuff, like if you have walls or something at the top right it wont be able to go past the walls to anything more than 3 spaces behind it

Edited by AikoTheOctoling

So small tip. If an item is damaged, you can either repair *OR* remove (for a refund of the material cost) and rebuild... better "bang" for your buck to just rebuild.

The problem with the refund is that it's only part of what you paid for building. The snow cannons, for example, cost 5 snow - but you only get 3 snow refund on a damaged one. You also need to pay 3 snow to repair it.

I just started playing the game this morning, because i was busy with Life last night. Snow Wars is fun! But I'm having trouble waiting an hour to attack again. sooooo long to waiiiit. My fort is literally nothing but 1 cannon right now.

I'm not getting ANY new snowdrifts or anything to destroy and earn from :( Not for HOURS now.