osmarks

Change text on dragons unable to breed due to being holidays raised this year

Holidays raised in a given holiday breeding season are (mostly) unable to breed during that breeding season. The text on the Breed button for dragons affected by this, though, is

(Code) cannot breed because it has bred recently. Please wait 1 day.

This isn't actually very clear at all, so I think it'd be better as

(Code) cannot breed until this holiday is over.

or some similar text.

Support support support! I don't care what the text is exactly, but it shouldn't say 'bred recently' when it obviously hasn't. Every single holiday we have people asking about that, why can't their dragons breed, they didn't breed them recently, etc. It's confusing and not true and every single time people ask about it, which seems to indicate it definitely should be changed.

I agree that its confusing. I'd like to see it changed to something a little clearer, too. 

Support for this. Not everyone knows that they cannot breed this year's eggs this season and get really lost when their shiny new eggs hatch and grow...and instantly are useless because they cannot be bred. At least change or clear up the text so they know why that is.

Support! It would save new users from confusion every event.

a suggested rewording " cannot breed until it's next holiday season."

other sounds like you just wait till the current holiday day to end. (the start of 26th of DEC for ex.)

above one sounds more like you wait a while till their season pops up again (winter for ex).

something small, but eh.

1 hour ago, reddof-f6 said:

a suggested rewording " cannot breed until it's next holiday season."

other sounds like you just wait till the current holiday day to end. (the start of 26th of DEC for ex.)

above one sounds more like you wait a while till their season pops up again (winter for ex).

something small, but eh.

But that's not true. Holidays can and do breed *out* of the holiday season, they just won't produce their own kind. Let's not switch a confusing sentence to a different confusing/wrong sentence. It's completely accurate to say it can't breed until the current holiday is over. It's not accurate to say it can't breed until the *next* holiday season. This suggestion isn't about being able to breed more holidays or not, it's specifically that the text says it *already* bred when it hasn't. 

How about simply "cannot breed till (date)".

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

How about simply "cannot breed till (date)".

I agree that this would be nice and simple, but I think a reason should be given, because without a reason I imagine new players would be very confused.

Either way I definitely support this

It would match the message you get on BSAs. "This dragon cannot influence another dragon for x days". There's no reason given there either.

"until this holiday is over" is a lot less confusing than "for X arbitrary amount of time".

What - "wait 3 days"  - just like BSA dragons - is less confusing than "until this holiday is over"  - not if you look at the number of people who come here all the time to ask when the holiday is over. It would end THEIR confusion, at least ;)

ETA - and when WOULD you say it was over  anyway ? We just got an extension on the event - which is listed as the HOLIDAY event. But the new dragons are  already breedable, so....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I'm always in favor of clearer text. Support!

I like Fuzz's suggestion of "Cannot breed until [date]" because that seems the most clear. What day the holiday ends is confusing. Holiday breeding ends Christmas day, but that's when the new dragons drop and begin growing up, so it feels like part of the holiday, and now we've gotten an extension on the holiday event, is the holiday not over until the event is? The "end of the holiday" is still a pretty vague way to put it, especially for the newer players that would benefit the most from clearer text.

Maybe it could say, "[Dragon] cannot breed until [date]. Recently hatched holiday dragons cannot breed until the end of the holiday breeding season." Or similiar?

The breed option for dragons on CD says not for x days - what's the difference, really ? Not that I object to GhostMouse's idea.

Edited by Fuzzbucket
major spelink eror

You're right about the holiday-length thing, but the text could equally say "cannot breed during this holiday, which will end in X days".