TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Okay, I'm going to complain: I appreciate the artists and people who put effort into these events, but can we please please PLEASE have a Christmas event that's also much more mobile friendly than what we've been having?

21 minutes ago, Essfi said:

Try again and again. If fort nav'nt HP, you cant attacked and get xp. Try another, which have HP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks. :D

I discovered that myselfe too. Awkward after complaining.. 😅

I’m stuck with no image showing up on my mobile screen (iPad, safari) despite multiple refreshes, after it froze on me in the first hour and I refreshed one time it into utter nonexistence, I guess. Super frustrating, because accessing it on my computer is both hit and miss and time consuming due to the computer being a butt.

23 minutes ago, Essfi said:

Snow piles will be appear again? I claib all of it but now my fort attacked and I can't repair anything :( Did u find a wood for broken base?

I have 11 lvl, I can build ice wall est. but can't find ice for it. Snow appeared at lvl 2-3 and now I haven't it too. Too hard -_-

Every hour, you get new resources. As per the instructions:

Building new things requires resources. Every hour (including while you’re not playing), new desposits (snow drifts, ice crystals, etc) will appear. Destroy them to get the resources they contain.

I also had unlocked buildings and weaponry made out of ice before I got it as a resource. 

I get the feeling that a lot of people need to remember that DC is NOT about instant gratification. Patience! The event is going to run for a WHOLE week. You don't need to do everything today.

And for good measure, and because I'm a hypocrite, I'm going to complain, too: I only got one tree stump at the top of the hour, no snow, no ice. Son of a Birch! XD

Edit: Tried battling on mobile, don't think it worked or rather, I have no idea how to make it work. (Then again, I hate doing these things on a tiny screen and am very grateful for my laptop...)

Edited by MiaLily
more complaints because hypocrite

I had plenty of snow at the very start, but every hour since it's only spawned one pile of anything.  Snow or ice, and still no wood.  My poor tent needs fixing ;w;

I can't even tell if I'm close to destroying things or not and for some reason, I'm stuck on being level one 😕

Not much of a problem just yet, a reload has fixed this for me each time:

1) My touch screen is interfering with regular controls. Whenever I touch the game playing field, I can't go back to my regular mouse - the cursor doesn't move. The mouse pointer does - I just can't see it, so I need to wait for things to highlight to know if I'm over them.

2) For some reason, I can't always click on the deposits (as in, I don't even get a menu). Sometimes the solution is to click next to them rather than on top of them, sometimes a reload fixes it.

Thanks for re-making Snow Wars! ^_^

4 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

I can't even tell if I'm close to destroying things or not and for some reason, I'm stuck on being level one 😕

everything shootable has a little health bar next to it.  If you can see the health bar when you go to attack, it's already been 'killed'.  When you shoot at something and it takes damage it'll tell you you're getting exp.

1 minute ago, Setsu-P said:

I had plenty of snow at the very start, but every hour since it's only spawned one pile of anything.  Snow or ice, and still no wood.  My poor tent needs fixing ;w;

Same here, when I first entered the event not two hours after it had begun, I had lots of snow drifts. It's probably the default so you have a bit of foundation to get started. Afterwards, it has only been one field with resources.

1 minute ago, Dalek Raptor said:

For me, I have to attack things that are fully highlighted in red when I hover over them. Those haven't been destroyed yet and should give you XP. I have only needed to hit things once with a snow cannon so far to it be fully destroyed. (But not unusable, I can still fire my destroyed snow cannon, in case anyone was wondering.)

Just now, john_jones said:

My snowcannons don't fire properly? Because I see no damage when I try to attack someone else's fort!

See above.

1 minute ago, Setsu-P said:

everything shootable has a little health bar next to it.  If you can see the health bar when you go to attack, it's already been 'killed'.  When you shoot at something and it takes damage it'll tell you you're getting exp.

I can't tell on mobile. Everything is the same 

OOOOH I see what you guys mean now~ thanks~

I don't get the event, tho, buuut I like the new eggs!

I want to see what's inside! @_@  tehehehehe~

Merry Christmas ♥

I’m sad that this event isn’t especially mobile friendly. I was so excited to build my own fort and participate in the big snowball fight since I wasn’t here the first go around! Oh, well. The eggs ages are really lovely and I look forward to seeing the new dragons.

I love my son! He's told me how to turn the sound off.

On a computer, right click the tab at the top and select 'mute site'.

Thanks, Tom!

21 minutes ago, MiaLily said:

Same here, when I first entered the event not two hours after it had begun, I had lots of snow drifts. It's probably the default so you have a bit of foundation to get started. Afterwards, it has only been one field with resources.

For me, I have to attack things that are fully highlighted in red when I hover over them. Those haven't been destroyed yet and should give you XP. I have only needed to hit things once with a snow cannon so far to it be fully destroyed. (But not unusable, I can still fire my destroyed snow cannon, in case anyone was wondering.)

See above.

Thank you! ❤️

When you fight and use all your cannons how do you finish the battle? It just asks me to select a weapon to use, but all my weapons are greyed out.

8 minutes ago, Charity322 said:

When you fight and use all your cannons how do you finish the battle? It just asks me to select a weapon to use, but all my weapons are greyed out.

You can hit the 'escape' key or there should be an arrow in the top left of the screen that you can click to return to the start screen. At least that is how it is for me on a laptop.

Also: AWWWWMYGAWD, there won't be enough space on my playing field to get all those amazing items. I LOVE all the punny little descriptions and the references. :wub: Need to get more resources!!!

Edited by MiaLily

Okay, I started this four hours ago. I've had one canon, one lot of snowballs and one piece of snow.  Ever since, going to get more things has just had all of them on red with what looks like a number 5 and unclickable.

Glitch or what am I doing wrong?