2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

CROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWS

crowscrowscrows.png.e7d4f4ca6c2badc937e10983e6422b0a.png

CROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWSCROWS

1 hour ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

I absolutely love the new dragon. ❤️

Thank you! 

---

But I gave up on the game since it's impossible to play on mobile and even on my pc I can't click on some of the dropped resources without moving every single "maybe in the way"-item and making it a big mess. 😕

(And since everybody seems to have stopped repairing their objects, I can't find a fort to battle against to gain XP. Well, I'll stop repairing mine too and simply leave my fort as it is...)

My scroll is Angie Baby. I repaired my fort about an hour go. Have at it ;)

Don't know if it's already been pointed out (apologies if so!), but the Starsinger appears to be typed wrong on its Encyclopedia page.

starsinger.PNG

Has anyone managed to rotate the igloo ? Mine leads to an abyss right now and I don't want to move EVERYTHING...

10 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Update 5:

• You can now unlock (free) upgrades to your base at certain levels. Replace your tent with a nice cozy igloo, log cabin, or finish off your castle with a keep. Upgrading also updates the look of the inside of your base.

Please, please, please let us have a downgrade option where the tent downgrades to just the fire. That way, we can hide the entire thing behind another object. Alternatively, please let those that have built an ice palace upgrade to an ice keep instead of a stone keep. It would make such a difference!

Lots of pretty forts!

@11th  That is impressive!

Mine's a mess, but it's a sufficiently pleasant-looking mess for me to be happy with it. :) A little forest in the corner, some pretty things, presents strewed everywhere, etc. :D Also, none of the bushes that spawned were removed, out of principle. No bushes were harmed in the building of this fort! ;) (I did remove other resources if they landed in inconvenient places though, and all the tree stumps because I don't want tree stumps in my fort. :P )

Feel free to attack, I'm not intending on changing it any more, so I won't have to waste resources fixing everything in order to see how additions look. :)

Edit: well, now I want to have a look at what update #5 is in practice, hopefully I haven't been to bombarded yet! :P

Edited by MessengerDragon

The enemy returns...5 years later! Snow Wars 2 is upon us. The blood of our fallen comrades apparently wasn't enough to satisfy their hunger. This year, we managed to gain copters and can finally conduct aerial assaults. With this came along our first two pilots; Officers Chance Sterling and Jake Dawson. Unsurprisingly, a good lot of our soldiers have been eager to be trained as air gunners.

As I report this, we continue to gather every resource we can dig up. The infantry is holding up a strong fight, especially with their morale having been raised considerably this time around. We have the expanded arsenal to thank for that. The Commander had also favoured a more festive feel within the fort, giving our comrades that small extra boost to keep pushing forward.

Pvt. Liam P. Diddy's sacrifice has still not been forgotten. In fact, his brother, Louis U. Diddy, was just freshly recruited into the ranks. He has been resolute in serving day and night scouting and acting sentry on the outer perimeter of the fort, happily taking refuge in his brother's old tent. He is our trusted first line of defence, having disrupted 3 surprise attacks and 5 spies thus far! A vigilant eye that soldier. He's mentioned a cardinal that seemingly returns to him often, noting the bird as being a favourite of his late brother.

Victory seems to be on the horizon, but we stay as frosty as ever.

- Lt. NFD

19 minutes ago, elenna-nore said:

Please, please, please let us have a downgrade option where the tent downgrades to just the fire. That way, we can hide the entire thing behind another object. Alternatively, please let those that have built an ice palace upgrade to an ice keep instead of a stone keep. It would make such a difference!

Put it inside a log cabin or behind a wall.

49 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Put it inside a log cabin or behind a wall.

A log cabin would not fit the aesthetics of my ice palace, and the walls aren’t high enough to hide the tip of the tent:

aKpZ0Hk.png

Edited by elenna-nore

1 hour ago, elenna-nore said:

A log cabin would not fit the aesthetics of my ice palace, and the walls aren’t high enough to hide the tip of the tent:

aKpZ0Hk.png

Have you checked the igloo upgrade? maybe this one would do?

it looks like this:

igloo.png.3c2c01c0c11b96ce546885f17bda39bd.png

Its shade of white differs from ice fort but it seems to match the black rooks enough?

Hah, mine's a mess, but I can't resist including all those things:P (will finish the hedge, and swap the trebuchet for the sleeping dragon, the messy cannons will be removed after items get spawned correctly) the area is way too small to me^^; I'm still not sure which base I should go for, tent and igloo keep the kind of symmetry and the camping&temporary feelwhile the castle matches but makes the 'fort' off the symmetry and outweighs it, the cabin doesn't fit  my setup at all.
I wish the upgrades were there much sooner, I waited with my fort till last days but it was still too soon to make it^^;

Edited by VixenDra

@elenna-nore You might be able to hide it in the trees, so it would look like someone was camping out there.

It doesn't look too bad where it is now, though, if that's any comfort.  Maybe it's a tarp over supplies of some sort, or a sloppily-thrown-down rug because the ice people got tired of having cold feet all the time.  Maybe they needed it to keep the rest of the presents dry!

(How is "tarp" not a word, Firefox?  My family uses it as short for "tarpaulin" all the time!)

9 hours ago, DragonNeko said:

I kinda want to add more penguins, but not really sure where... 🤔

Put a little crowd in front of the gate (or maybe put a trojan reindeer there with some penguins pulling it, if there's enough room :D).

here's what i've got so far, it's a lil cluttered and those ballistae are because i desperately need exp to level up for more stone... and i'm pretty sure i have presents/resources behind the walls but i don't have space to move them to check. (i've also noticed that in certain orientations you can put bridges directly next to paths if there's a chess flat under the path but it doesn't always work which is why my centerpiece is a lil messed up)

fort.PNG

Edited by -Frost-Fire-

Everyone's forts look amazing. :wub: I love how there's so much variety in your fortress designs. The hedge mazes are really cool - I didn't leave myself room for one, but I love seeing them.

QUESTION: Do the things you attack affect the drops you get? 

Like if you attack other peoples' plants, will you get wood resources?

I ask because I think I'm seeing a correlation, but it might just be chance.

5 hours ago, RandomBreeder said:

dumb question incoming, but, uh... how do you rotate your items?

Yes, I'm only starting now u.u

I'm wondering the same thing.  I waited until I built up enough resources, and am just starting to build.  I can't figure out how to rotate the walls.  If there's a way to do it, it certainly isn't obvious.  I've tried hitting various keys while holding the wall, but haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

Any input on this please?  :)

2 minutes ago, KagomeShikon said:

I'm wondering the same thing.  I waited until I built up enough resources, and am just starting to build.  I can't figure out how to rotate the walls.  If there's a way to do it, it certainly isn't obvious.  I've tried hitting various keys while holding the wall, but haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

right click, while moving the item

22 minutes ago, KagomeShikon said:

Rightclick BUT make sure you don't have a browser addon that tirggers with rightclick - if you have, you need to disable it (for the event page or temporarily) - just in case anyone still can't rorate, that's why.

I kind of wish there was a clear all button. If I wanted to change things quickly, I'd have to go through and delete everything one a time. Too much work there lol

I used tons of special repair dragons to repair and also to find repairs XD So for a short time I got a repaired view of my work. Didn't upgrade, love my little tent ❤️

Hopefully there will fall some more blue packages, snow pits and green bushes to add to the scenery^^

snowwars2-2018.png.cf88bccb2ec56cf78d5cd062e7edc9fd.png

26 minutes ago, driveshaft0613 said:

I kind of wish there was a clear all button. If I wanted to change things quickly, I'd have to go through and delete everything one a time. Too much work there lol

Yesss! I've only completely changed mine twice because it's just so tedious to go through and delete or move every little thing. 

Does anyome know if we are able to keep our resources{presents/green mana crystals/bushes/ice crystals] if we havent destroyed them? I really like them

Edited by Velvet_paw

3 minutes ago, Velvet_paw said:

Does anyome know if we are able to keep our resources{presents/green mana crystals/bushes/ice crystals] if we havent destroyed them? I really like them

Yes, we do. TJ confirmed it a few pages back.