TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

4 minutes ago, bluedog said:

Snow Wars 2 ends at midnight EST!? Tonight?

Nope. From the 'holiday event schedule' thread:

This year's holiday event will begin at the same time as in past years: 12/25 at 00:00 EST (the same time as the new dragon), and will run for seven days. 

13 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Nope. From the 'holiday event schedule' thread:

Thank you. I could not find that.

Really, really grateful for update 4 since I tend to change my mind about what to have a lot.

Thank you TJ  for this fun event!

1 hour ago, StormWizard212 said:

I love it, @Fera! What a beautiful forest. It must be difficult to find your resources when they drop, though! I filled in all my little gaps with bushes so resources can't spawn where I won't see them. :lol:

!! Thank you! And actually I solved the "where are the resources?!" issue by hiding rocks and cannons behind everything. Like, everything.

23c52a13fd.gif

Every once in a while I'll find a spot I missed, but mostly my resources pop up in the castle or in easy-to-spot areas.

Edited by Fera
image broke

I've been lurking in this thread and love all the different ways people have built their forts. I look at them all and think "why didn't I do that?" 😂

Mine took a while as I'm on a mobile device, and no doubt I'll come back later and find it flattened and Claudius will be all brown and angry at being bombarded with snow (hang in there, Claudius, I'll make it all better again).

Screenshot_20181228-044217_Samsung Internet.jpg

You have these people with their gorgeous and majestic kingdoms and then there's just my mess:

snowfort.PNG.104136f0a865e48cb53d7c9bda269700.PNG

My current fort, after an almost-complete redecorating:

39ac252dc48ddd5798f0bdbe6dc82fd5.png

32 minutes ago, Fera said:

!! Thank you! And actually I solved the "where are the resources?!" issue by hiding rocks and cannons behind everything. Like, everything.

23c52a13fd.gif

Every once in a while I'll find a spot I missed, but mostly my resources pop up in the castle or in easy-to-spot areas.

that's a brilliant idea. 

i keep having to repair things, so i can move them to find the resources. claudius likes to sit on the presents. 

Once again, Happy Holidays to everyone!

Really enjoy the game.  (Though has it been explained what the different colors on the badge trophy mean?  Looks like it could be orange, purple or blue.)

Can't wait to see TJ's dragons reach adulthood.  I bet they'll be gorgeous!

Can someone help me?? I might be a dingus or something but

I can't?? right click things? Like I'm right clicking my walls after putting them down but they won't rotate?

Ah, 6 hours to see 'em hatchies on the first page grow up.

*pokes hatchies* Please hurry up babies!

1 minute ago, TheDarkLatias said:

Can someone help me?? I might be a dingus or something but

I can't?? right click things? Like I'm right clicking my walls after putting them down but they won't rotate?

Are you right clicking them before placing them?

Realized something handy for people with crowded forts: in attack mode, nonweapons and used weapons are translucent. So rather than moving stuff out of the way, you can just see if there's a hidden drop. Here I have two presents which would normally be obscured by a tower and roof. Since they're easily visible in this mode, I don't have to move everything that can obscure drops like Claudius.

image.png.ea0b04f1a252661fff43b3d06ed3d546.png

(fort is a WIP... not sure where I want to take it :D)

I'm in desperate need of graph paper......

ETA:Found some!.

Edited by prpldrgnfr

Ahh I love the forts that look like a forest or have a river running through! And everyone is so creative! I was too far into my fort design to back out, but there are so many ideas I wish I could've implemented 😍 Here's mine, I'd call it pretty messy but I got lucky with the 2 mana spires placing perfectly in the front early-on so I built around them. Hopefully the right edge fills up with presents before the event ends!

phUzzR4.png

Edit: Also, please feel free to destroy my ice outer walls, because I need the XP haha

Edited by randomperson100

@randomperson100 Temporarily fill up some of your non-edge space with cheap stuff like snow walls, or big things! The fewer empty spaces there are, the higher the probability of a present spawning in any given space. Also, cool mana spire placement.

@cbussiere Thanks for the tip! Do you happen to know if they spawn on chessboard squares? I'd like to line my cabin with those so I don't have to keep checking inside it lol

Happy (belated?) Holidays everyone~ I forgot to breed some dragons this year due to being sick + traveling to hang out with family. lol!