TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

I'm hoping I can get enough stone to finish my fort, otherwise I may have to alter my plans.

smallgarden.png

Edited by Tetelestai
Sizing down image

6 minutes ago, Joya said:

very annoying thing ahppened is that i wanted to move my dragon but it actually removed it i lost the resources and now i have no timber to buyit back. i am sure i didnt click on remove but on move

and seems as i am already level 50 i can no longer get anything so no dragons in my castle

:(

you will still get resources every hour

This is all a response to Telestai's fort, although others posted before I finished typing this up.

You can grow rocks?!  As in, those little rocks in the top and bottom sections will turn into big rocks that can be harvested to make walls?

Probably not, but it's really funny to think about, if the rocks are being planted in a garden (as I live in the US and think "place to grow vegetables" rather than "flat area outside the house" when I hear "garden").

I wonder... do rocks work like potatoes, where you split them up and put them in the dirt, and then come back later?  Or maybe they make seeds, but if they make seeds, then do they self-pollinate, or does each rock pollinate (with help from wind, bees, what-have-you) the nearby ones while being pollinated in turn by them, or do rocks have distinct genders, so the male rocks pollinate the females?  And for that matter, what would a rock flower look like?  And if they reproduce sexually, then which genes are there?  Is crumbliness recessive, for instance?  Can sandstone breed with quartz, or are they two different species?  And I have no clue whether pearls and fossils count as "rocks" for this purpose.

Does anyone know when the last day of the game is? I'm leaving on vacation and want to make sure I get my snow fort all pretty =P

It doesn't look like TJ listed an end date in the first post.

IT can rotate, I think - I swear I rotated mine before I decided I didn't want it anyway :)

I have a singular, minor complaint: I have poor vision and it is REALLY hard to see what I'm doing with the frozen pond, what with the light blue on slightly darker blue.

My fort got destroyed so many times i just gave up on repairing and refunded everything. Its just the second day of the event and such a waste of resources. I wanted to build something nice but after half a day coming back only with ruins.

Is there any point of building stuff when the sole purpose is to get it destroyed? Is it possible to make the level 50 (max level) player no longer able to attack? Or simply put a limit on how many time you can strike in a day?

Its super annoying because i would like to have my font the way it is and not have to check it like every other hour for repair.

Please comment how i can do and thanks!

15 minutes ago, Pilauli said:

This is all a response to Telestai's fort, although others posted before I finished typing this up.

You can grow rocks?!  As in, those little rocks in the top and bottom sections will turn into big rocks that can be harvested to make walls?

Probably not, but it's really funny to think about, if the rocks are being planted in a garden (as I live in the US and think "place to grow vegetables" rather than "flat area outside the house" when I hear "garden").

I wonder... do rocks work like potatoes, where you split them up and put them in the dirt, and then come back later?  Or maybe they make seeds, but if they make seeds, then do they self-pollinate, or does each rock pollinate (with help from wind, bees, what-have-you) the nearby ones while being pollinated in turn by them, or do rocks have distinct genders, so the male rocks pollinate the females?  And for that matter, what would a rock flower look like?  And if they reproduce sexually, then which genes are there?  Is crumbliness recessive, for instance?  Can sandstone breed with quartz, or are they two different species?  And I have no clue whether pearls and fossils count as "rocks" for this purpose.

LoL, I don't know. I'm pretending they are potatoes, perhaps. :D In the 2013 Snow War, I had built a garden on my fort then too. More variety to try to make it look like a garden. Haha, I love the idea of cross pollinating quartz with sandstone. I bet we'd get some really beautiful stones if we could grow them like that.

Is there any reason to keep attacking forts afther you reach level 50? I mean I don't know what unlocks new stuff 

50 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

you will still get resources every hour

I should but I am not, thats what I am sad about. i have all same as 2 hours ago, plus also when i go to batttle i get no points for anything whatsoever, not even snow

also just to note this was not the first time this happened, it happened yesterday also at least twice that i clicked to move but it was rtemoved.

so whoever is reading this can perhaps take a look at it ..

Thank you everyone for the suggestions.  Knowing that the target will turn red (as opposed to a red circle on a square) made all the difference.  I'm rather behind most of you but I can play and build.

Thank you to everyone who put time and effort into this event (and all the events).

42 minutes ago, Twimm said:

Does anyone know when the last day of the game is? I'm leaving on vacation and want to make sure I get my snow fort all pretty =P

It doesn't look like TJ listed an end date in the first post.

The "game" will finish 7 days from the start of it. TJ posted that in his other Holiday topic.

I have a question about the rules:

If your fort is full of decorations and there’s no room for new deposits, don’t worry—they’ll spawn as soon as you free up space.

Erm, does this mean that if I take up 80 percent of avaliable space, I need to move stuff around for the depositss to drop? o.o

Can we stop battling after reaching level 50 or do we still get new recipes?

btw. sometimes new items appear behind existing buildings, walls etc. I found stuff that was hidden when I moved items around.

SNOW WARS! My favorite event is back! :D :D :D :D Thank you! I love the Amy Pond and Mettaton references in the items. And those hatchlings are gorgeous. 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone! I've reached lv. 50 now with my boy Claudius, so I'm happy. :D

Also love the music! I'm rather familiar with the mute site button, but I haven't felt like using it so far.

This game is fun, but it could use a 'harvest all' button to pick up all resources, and a 'repair all' button to quickly fix up my fort. It's particularly annoying to have to move walls in search of resources hidden behind them.

I'm at level 50 and desperately in need of timber. What can I do ? No new resources seem to be dropping....

Alright.... I figured it out. It's true deposits are dropping behind walls, building etc... what you need to do is go into battle mode, so everything becomes see-through... and then you see where they are! XD

33 minutes ago, Fortis said:

This game is fun, but it could use a 'harvest all' button to pick up all resources, and a 'repair all' button to quickly fix up my fort. It's particularly annoying to have to move walls in search of resources hidden behind them.

^^ Agreed.  This would have been very helpful - it's very bizarre to have to move everything.

What do I do if I keep trying to place things and every time I do, it disappears? 

Edit: items not in red zone.

Edited by Jazeki

The event has been really fun and I'm really looking forward to seeing the new holiday dragons all grown up! Thank you TJ and spriters for the great and festive event. :)

lso can you please move the text box as it blocks the bottom corner and is in the way it can just be lower below so the lower corner is visible plase thanks