TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

I'm starting to want the ability to turn off the health bars on damaged items. Even with the buff to repairing, it makes it really hard to see what you're placing where if you don't have the resources to repair.

How do you repair the camp? My friend has a damage bar show but she has repaired everything already

I'm still finding it completely impossible to click on the resources.  I need to reload several times before it works properly, and then sometimes in between resources, too.  :(

Does anyone know what level/when you get the resource needed to repair? I'm at level 10 but have nothing to repair with :(

Release statistics for this year.

Total Breeds Released: 19

Westerns: 8 (Floral-Crowned, Freckled, Black Truffle, Pyrovar, Siyat, Boreal, Arcana, Holiday 2018).

Wyverns: 3 (Floret, Razorcrest, Aether).

Wingless: 2 (Leodon, Ash).

Eastern: 1 (Melismor).

Amphiptere: 1 (Lacula).

Pygmy: 3 (Red-Tailed, Mimic, Pipio).

Drake: 1 (Tatterdrake).

Dimorphic Breeds: 5 (Floret, Melismor, Mimic, Pipio, Arcana).

Previous In-Cave Spriters And Number of Their Releases:

JOTB: 3, Infinis: 3, NiramiTheRaven:3, PieMaster: 2, TheCompleteAnimorph: 2, Birdzgoboom: 1, FionaBlueFire: 1, Marionnetta: 1, Corteo: 1, Mysfytt: 1, Shajana: 1, Shiny Hazard Sign: 1.

New Spriters: Kennon, Mewtie, Royal-Tentacle.

12 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Slight event update:

• Brought back a mechanic from the original Snow Wars that encourages defending a bit more: repairing damage on your fort (i.e. successfully defending an attack) grants XP.
  • Fixed a bug where damaged weapons could still attack.

Support for the first one, although I don't remember too much of the specific mechanics of the original.

Not sure about the second one, though, considering it costs 3 snow to repair one snow cannon. So even if you get 10 snow per hour (which is not guarenteed in later levels), you can only repair 3 cannons or repair one and get one additional one. Considering how many cannons I had when leveling up, that's .... not much? But maybe that is just me. I still feel kinda sorry now for everyone I attacked, I was so relieved every time I found an attackable fort that I destroyed everything I could. -_-

2 minutes ago, camelia2 said:

Is there a prize for taking part in the snow fight or is just for fun?

You receive a badge and if the badge from 2013 from the event with the original Snow Wars is anything to go by and given what TJ said, you will be able to see the fort you built when you click the badge after the event has ended.

Just now, ShorahNagi said:

Does anyone know what level/when you get the resource needed to repair? I'm at level 10 but have nothing to repair with :(

I'm basing my guesses on what other people have reported I would say it is: lvl 10: ice, lvl 20: wood, lvl 30: rocks and at some time Mana. Or maybe add 10 levels to each? I wasn't paying attention to the specific availability, sorry...

I feel so helpless looking at trades right now. I want to explain that ALL CB Solstices are the pink ones, and the blue are only a bred type. There’s multiple people looking for CB blue ones.

I don't understand how I am supposed to get wood for repairing

also, please add a muting option to the game, the music does not go well with the videos I am watching parallel to playing

How long will the game be playable? I will only be on mobile for most of this week, and it sounds like some people are having trouble with mobile?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Love the colours on the new hatchies and love their description, looking forward to the adult!

I hope the game is as fun as I remembered it, I'm still trying to figure out whether I'm doing everything right :lol: 

19 minutes ago, almne said:

I feel so helpless looking at trades right now. I want to explain that ALL CB Solstices are the pink ones, and the blue are only a bred type. There’s multiple people looking for CB blue ones.

On top of that seems to be the problem that most people are at their limit for CBs (So they can't trade for them even if they want) - I know I had a period on the AP of picking up at least ten different CB eggs only to get the limit message.

Is it possible to get resources faster than an hour? Maybe every 30 minutes? At this rate I may just have nothing but cannons at this point if people keep destroying my cannons and it's already so hard to play on mobile 😕

22 minutes ago, almne said:

Or those asking for CB female Hollies. They do exist, but I believe they could only be obtained when won as prizes if I remember right. However the majority of us know all new CB Holly eggs will always be male.

There are other times when I see trade desires asking for things that are impossible to obtain and I can't help but wish I could offer them a gentle friendly poke and let them know what they're asking for isn't possible.

~*~

My question is, has anyone figured out how to get Logs yet? It won't let me move my fort around until it's repaired and I have no logs to fix it. ^_^;

52 minutes ago, teresadurfin said:

How do you repair the camp? My friend has a damage bar show but she has repaired everything already

On mine it shows wood to repair the tent-thing, so I'm assuming you need to get wood somehow before you can repair that. Maybe there is wood in some of the snow drifts? Haven't found any yet.

The little damage-bar things all over wherever something is damaged is really really annoying, it's hard to click the actual damaged thing when there are bars everywhere!

I don't know how to rotate things on a Mac laptop - I tried messing with the trackpad under the system preferences as per someone suggestion on this forum but I still couldn't figure it out. Is there a button I can push when the item is highlighted or something? 

9 minutes ago, snakehands said:

I don't know how to rotate things on a Mac laptop - I tried messing with the trackpad under the system preferences as per someone suggestion on this forum but I still couldn't figure it out. Is there a button I can push when the item is highlighted or something? 

does right-clicking (control+click) not work?

I just got level two and it all broke up. I have a loading bar, and then got an empty screen...

:-( I want to play snow wars, and I can't...😭

First: thanks TJ and artists! It's a great idea of bringing this event back, I love it.

But I'm having mutiple technical issues playing it, no matter whether I'm trying on mobile, desktop Firefox or Desktop Chrome. :( Maybe either I'm too dumb or these issues have already been answered in this thread – I browsed many of the existing pages and couldn't find solutions to this:

1) I can't target a specific person. Whenever I enter the name of a player and hit "return" nothing happens. I can only attack random people.

2) I can't rotate items. When on mobile I get a little "rotate" icon but I can't place/build items. When I hit the check mark, the item just disappears. When on desktop I don't have the "rotate" icon and using right click doesn't do anything – I'm using a Mac if this is relevant.

Any kind of help would be much appreciated. :)

Edited by Draco-Stellaris
typos

2 hours ago, StormWizard212 said:

Have you tried a hard refresh? Other browsers? These are the things I'd try if it's not working.

Have tried the other browsers but haven't tried the hard refresh yet will try it next! Thanks for the idea~ ( I am not savy on computer stuff at all it seems) LOL Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Ooh, gorg babies! I love the new eggs!

Sadly, the event refuses to load no matter how much I cache-clear or hard refresh. At least the perk to that is that I'm not gonna be perma-dying all week to everyone who is already Level 50+...because who enjoys doing nothing but dying? lol

Back to egg hunting! Still got one more to grab! :)